ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the icing, especially after already getting a tech. How about the mystery entry pass turnover and the dumb foul?

He was a mess the last few minutes, but I don’t expect most in this board to see that.

Point guard has to be your rock. It’s the reason former coaches say “you can’t trust him.”

Refs will be watching him, and he better clean up the non-sense.
Name ten rock PGs in the country ahead of him fan girl. I’ll wait.

Name ten rock PGs in the country ahead of him fan girl. I’ll wait.
I said he was like Kemba until the meltdowns at the end, which usually happen around the four minute mark.

You ask for a top ten list followed by “I’ll wait” then call me a fan girl? Seems like you took my honest assessment personally for some reason. Stop projecting.

You don’t know much about hoops, and that’s been on display for a while now.

That was the icing, especially after already getting a tech. How about the mystery entry pass turnover and the dumb foul?

He was a mess the last few minutes, but I don’t expect most in this board to see that.

Point guard has to be your rock. It’s the reason former coaches say “you can’t trust him.”

I feel like most on this board are more objective about X than you give them credit for.

Reactions: The Vid
A little off subject. Xavier put the parents clear at the top of the arena. Total lack of class. They deserve better then that.
No one has ever confused Xavier with a class athletic department.

I was just happy to see how many Xavier fans chose to cash in and sell their seats to IU fans.

I said he was like Kemba until the meltdowns at the end, which usually happen around the four minute mark.

You ask for a top ten list followed by “I’ll wait” then call me a fan girl? Seems like you took my honest assessment personally for some reason. Stop projecting.

You don’t know much about hoops, and that’s been on display for a while now.
Almost everything I have projected has been right about IU and college basketball. Tamar will show soon enough.

You on the other hand like to call me fan boy as often as you can. So it is only fair to call you the little girl that you are, because you just like to whine.

You rip apart x here, but because you said he plays like Kemba before melting down that is some compliment that he is a top 10 PG? You can’t have it both ways Vivian. Can’t bake a pie and say it has shit indfgrediants and try to sell me it above market price.

Just keep whining and complaining about how IU and it’s players doesn’t fit your mold, I’ll enjoy us being top 10 all season.

Johnson has been well above average as a PG at IU. He isn't Chris Paul but he has certainly made plays for IU that helps the team win. That is a lot harder to do than it sounds.
Couldn’t agree more. That’s the thing, this is college basketball. If we had a guy like Chris Paul we would be the best team in the nation. News flash X isn’t as good as CP3. Not 10 better PGs in America tho.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Get off XJ's nuts. He's competitive and emotional, just like Malik and Thomas Bryant. XJ looked at the opposing bench after they yelled at him as he shot a three. He did't say a word. Character issue, no. Last night's game was reffed by a group of guys who looked afraid of the crowd.

I want a PG with a chip on his shoulder.
No need to turn your head toward the bench if not to say something. In the video clip I saw twice he was doing something with his mouth. His history displays poor decisions made for selfish reasons. Speeding in the wee AM hours in downtown Bloomington so far his worst offense. Woodson has made a positive impact on his decision making on the court over a years time but nothing that will be life changing. The cake is baked. After IU we'll no doubt read about more antics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jssanto
No need to turn your head toward the bench if not to say something. In the video clip I saw twice he was doing something with his mouth. His history displays poor decisions made for selfish reasons. Speeding in the wee AM hours in downtown Bloomington so far his worst offense. Woodson has made a positive impact on his decision making on the court over a years time but nothing that will be life changing. The cake is baked. After IU we'll no doubt read about more antics.
You act like he killed somebody. I'd like a perfectly squeaky clean player too, but it's not like he killed somebody or was caught running drugs.

As far as his on court edge, that is a fine line for guys like X. He has more grit in his belly than 90 percent of the guys that have come through. Take too much of that away and you have a guy that is a shell of himself.

• Love
Reactions: Pryght and Cavanagh
Unfortunately you may be correct.
If he is good enough for the NBA we will hear about it. If more of a Europe league guy maybe we won’t.

The competitiveness and passion that has led to on-court issues also drive him to be the great player he is today. A player can be a shit-talker, get in trouble once for reckless driving, look at the opposing team's bench after making a shot AND still be a really good person. You realize this, right? If you have Friday's game recorded, watch the very end. Watch how XJ interacted with Xavier players in the handshake line after the game.

You should learn a little bit about the player you are bent on vilifying:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/12/20/xavier-johnson-and-the-fire-from-within/

Here's another guy whose "cake is baked" and I'm sure "we'll no doubt read about more antics."

sheehey.jpg

ITH: I think every time IU gets set to play Purdue, I always see a gif pop up on Twitter of you flexing at their crowd. How much did you enjoy sort of taunting the opposing team?

Sheehey: "I love talking shit. Like, I don’t care. If I feel like I’m better at something than someone, then I’ll talk shit, and if they’re better than me, then I want them to talk shit, too. My friends to this day and those guys on the team all they do with me is talk shit because that’s just how our conversations go. Like, they know that that’s what I like, and they can give it and they can take it. So, yeah, my friends to this day are good shit-talkers and I think coaches like that. I remember getting thrown out of a game once in college for shit-talking, and Crean was like, “Hey, I’m gonna tell everyone on the team that I’m gonna make you come in and run for days, so like when everyone asks, you have to tell them you’re in trouble, but I love that shit, keep it up. That’s what you bring to this team like that’s just who you are.”

I can’t help it, like some guys just are the way they are. Like Jordan (Hulls) for example, he’s just the nicest dude ever, and you can’t change him to be a bad dude, that’s just who he is. I’m just a shit-talker. I can’t help it, that’s just who I am."

You rip apart x here, but because you said he plays like Kemba before melting down that is some compliment that he is a top 10 PG? You can’t have it both ways Vivian. Can’t bake a pie and say it has shit indfgrediants and try to sell me it above market price.

Just keep whining and complaining about how IU and it’s players doesn’t fit your mold, I’ll enjoy us being top 10 all season.
I don’t “rip apart” anyone Karen. X is an emotional infant just like yourself, so I get why you love him. You can relate.

Those are objective thoughts from a grown adult. If you can’t handle an adult fan discussion without being a GD cheerleader, that’s not my problem. Stop projecting your safe space trophy BS onto me.

The competitiveness and passion that has led to on-court issues also drive him to be the great player he is today. A player can be a shit-talker, get in trouble once for reckless driving, look at the opposing team's bench after making a shot AND still be a really good person. You realize this, right? If you have Friday's game recorded, watch the very end. Watch how XJ interacted with Xavier players in the handshake line after the game.

You should learn a little bit about the player you are bent on vilifying:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/12/20/xavier-johnson-and-the-fire-from-within/

Here's another guy whose "cake is baked" and I'm sure "we'll no doubt read about more antics."

sheehey.jpg

ITH: I think every time IU gets set to play Purdue, I always see a gif pop up on Twitter of you flexing at their crowd. How much did you enjoy sort of taunting the opposing team?

Sheehey: "I love talking shit. Like, I don’t care. If I feel like I’m better at something than someone, then I’ll talk shit, and if they’re better than me, then I want them to talk shit, too. My friends to this day and those guys on the team all they do with me is talk shit because that’s just how our conversations go. Like, they know that that’s what I like, and they can give it and they can take it. So, yeah, my friends to this day are good shit-talkers and I think coaches like that. I remember getting thrown out of a game once in college for shit-talking, and Crean was like, “Hey, I’m gonna tell everyone on the team that I’m gonna make you come in and run for days, so like when everyone asks, you have to tell them you’re in trouble, but I love that shit, keep it up. That’s what you bring to this team like that’s just who you are.”

I can’t help it, like some guys just are the way they are. Like Jordan (Hulls) for example, he’s just the nicest dude ever, and you can’t change him to be a bad dude, that’s just who he is. I’m just a shit-talker. I can’t help it, that’s just who I am."
It can be fun if you’re a wing off the bench like Sheehey, it can suck if you’re a point who has to manage a game down the stretch.

Basketball people will understand this, fanboys will frown while gripping their pom poms.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I don’t “rip apart” anyone Karen. X is an emotional infant just like yourself, so I get why you love him. You can relate.

Those are objective thoughts from a grown adult. If you can’t handle an adult fan discussion without being a GD cheerleader, that’s not my problem. Stop projecting your safe space trophy BS onto me.
Cute retort Vivian. Don’t let the facts like we are a top 10 team in Kenpom get in the way. Pom pom that cutey.

You act like he killed somebody. I'd like a perfectly squeaky clean player too, but it's not like he killed somebody or was caught running drugs.

As far as his on court edge, that is a fine line for guys like X. He has more grit in his belly than 90 percent of the guys that have come through. Take too much of that away and you have a guy that is a shell of himself.
His being an emotional infant is the only difference from an all B1G point and a guy with “fire in his belly” that half-wits love. It’s the same people that think the Pacers should give Lance Stephenson a deal. People that don’t understand winning big.

His being an emotional infant is the only difference from an all B1G point and a guy with “fire in his belly” that half-wits love. It’s the same people that think the Pacers should give Lance Stephenson a deal. People that don’t understand winning big.
You are a moron lol.

It can be fun if you’re a wing off the bench like Sheehey, it can suck if you’re a point who has to manage a game down the stretch.

Basketball people will understand this, fanboys will frown while gripping their pom poms.
Your position difference is a good point. The point guard, perhaps somewhat like a QB, must be the leader. Leaders do not cause problems.
The other aspect I would mention is time. What may have been an acceptable view in one era, may not be in another.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
You lose and resort to calling me a moron and “cutey”? Bizarre, goofy, and especially boring.

Hear is to hoping we get to see the best version of X. I think he’s about 80% there.
I give you facts on what IU is as a team, and I ask you to name 10 better PGs. You called him an emotional infant, while I provided stats and examples of game momentum shifts because of his emotions.

I can’t argue with a moron that just has feelings about a player. Bring some stats and facts to the table or no need for me to argue with you.

Your position difference is a good point. The point guard, perhaps somewhat like a QB, must be the leader. Leaders do not cause problems.
The other aspect I would mention is time. What may have been an acceptable view in one era, may not be in another.

giphy.gif

How bout this. I’ll bet you a grand he is all big ten this year?

I give you facts on what IU is as a team, and I ask you to name 10 better PGs. You called him an emotional infant, while I provided stats and examples of game momentum shifts because of his emotions.

I can’t argue with a moron that just has feelings about a player. Bring some stats and facts to the table or no need for me to argue with you.
IDGAFF about naming or ranking 10 point guards you half-wit.

The best version of X puts IU in the final four, the current version does not. He can get there by pulling his head out of his ass. Stats are waste of time in this discussion. I watch the games and understand basketball, you do not. Boring debate for me.

How bout this. I’ll bet you a grand he is all big ten this year?
Ha, no. I don’t bet against anything IU. I have friends that do, but F that. Plus a measly grand with a stranger is a waste of my time.

The best version of X puts IU in the final four,

Be little bit more grateful from your couch slobbering on cheetos that we have a guy like that. I appreciate it. Asshats like you are reasons we don't have more guys like him.

How would you like to be X, and constantly read your own fanbase calling you a thug, not reliable, a head case, and Vivians finest "emotional infant". We have a top ten team and could go to the final 4, keep your negative feeling comments to your ugly side piece and the dog that doesn't like you.

Be little bit more grateful from your couch slobbering on cheetos that we have a guy like that. I appreciate it. Asshats like you are reasons we don't have more guys like him.

How would you like to be X, and constantly read your own fanbase calling you a thug, not reliable, a head case, and Vivians finest "emotional infant". We have a top ten team and could go to the final 4, keep your negative feeling comments to your ugly side piece and the dog that doesn't like you.
If you actually believe that myself or anyone like me affects recruiting, then you really are a fool. I don’t boo players at games, interact on Twitter, etc. Also, I’ve never once seen or heard anyone anywhere call X a “thug”.

I would bet everything I own that the entire coaching staff tells X some version of everything I’ve posted.

I would actually argue that too many fan sites calling/texting teenagers, etc negatively affects recruiting for IUBB.

No Cheetos, side pieces, or dogs currently in my life FYI.

I don’t think Mailik will get the chemistry with Trace down like Race has now … but anything close would be awesome. We’ll see them on the floor a lot this season.

In the closing minutes of Indiana's 81-79 victory over Xavier on Friday night, it was freshman Malik Reneau who got all the playing time down the stretch, and he responded in a big way for coach Mike Woodson. "I trust him,'' Woodson said.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/...n-malik-reneau-shines-first-hostile-road-game

If you actually believe that myself or anyone like me affects recruiting, then you really are a fool. I don’t boo players at games, interact on Twitter, etc. Also, I’ve never once seen or heard anyone anywhere call X a “thug”.

I would bet everything I own that the entire coaching staff tells X some version of everything I’ve posted.

I would actually argue that too many fan sites calling/texting teenagers, etc negatively affects recruiting for IUBB.

No Cheetos, side pieces, or dogs currently in my life FYI.

You realize I have talked to almost all of these players and a vast majority of their parents. IU fans are horrible for dogging their own players on Facebook, Insta, message boards, radio (cockitch thank god is off of ESPN) and Elon's bird. It is impossible not to read or hear it and it 100% negatively affects recruiting. This is not for debate I could give you names of players that wanted nothing to do with IU because of the fans.

You realize I have talked to almost all of these players and a vast majority of their parents. IU fans are horrible for dogging their own players on Facebook, Insta, message boards, radio (cockitch thank god is off of ESPN) and Elon's bird. It is impossible not to read or hear it and it 100% negatively affects recruiting. This is not for debate I could give you names of players that wanted nothing to do with IU because of the fans.
Our fanbase is no different than any other fanbase in the country when it comes to negative comments about players and coaches. If players are too soft to handle the negative comments, then they probably won’t last long in the sport.

Is that the same as saying players suck?

I caught hell last year for saying Rob sucks. He is an above average defender, but he is spotty, and his effort is poor most of the time like Romeo. Offense he isn't spotty at all, he is consistently putrid.
I confirmed a few weeks ago that romeo did sleep with greens girl. From someone that 100% would know and not lie. This team just sucks. Chemistry doesn’t matter.

zion got exposed, Romeo didn’t because he sucks. I promise you the same
Shit was happening for him tho. You think romeos family was more ethical than Zion’s? Did you see the preacher at romeos decision? Church needs some money Rome!!!

So, this stuff is okay to say on the message boards according to you and won't hurt recruiting, but questioning X is out of bounds for getting a tech is out of line.

You need to get your priorities in check.

Reactions: B1G_Fan

X played a good game. He has trouble controlling his emotions. He needs to be better in the last 4 minutes of games.

These statements can all be true (and they are). Not a thing Vid said is inaccurate.

Is that the same as saying players suck?

So, this stuff is okay to say on the message boards according to you and won't hurt recruiting, but questioning X is out of bounds for getting a tech is out of line.

You need to get your priorities in check.

I admitted last year I needed to not say bad things about the players, a few times actually, did you not stalk those posts when you were digging in posts from 2020? 2019?

All shots about basketball are cool, provide stats that back it. Taking shots at someones character I don't like. that's just me. Same can be said for the parents I talk to. If you suck at basketball, no one can really say shit if the stats back it up.

Our fanbase is no different than any other fanbase in the country when it comes to negative comments about players and coaches. If players are too soft to handle the negative comments, then they probably won’t last long in the sport.
I agree to an extent. IU fans are far worse than normal, especially with X.

I admitted last year I needed to not say bad things about the players, a few times actually, did you not stalk those posts when you were digging in posts from 2020? 2019?

All shots about basketball are cool, provide stats that back it. Taking shots at someones character I don't like. that's just me. Same can be said for the parents I talk to. If you suck at basketball, no one can really say shit if the stats back it up.
Everything I posted is 100% about basketball. If you can’t see X losing his mind in the last few minutes of close games, then I can’t help you.

You need to cut the millennial/Gen Z shit and stop saying anyone is judging his character.

Everything I posted is 100% about basketball. If you can’t see X losing his mind in the last few minutes of close games, then I can’t help you.

You need to cut the millennial/Gen Z shit and stop saying anyone is judging his character.
you literally called him an emotional infant. How the hell is that not related to his character?

I don't know what millennial generation Z shit means.

I agree to an extent. IU fans are far worse than normal, especially with X.
X has earned every bit of hate he’s received. If he wants to better his image, perhaps he should change the way he handles himself. I was hopeful that his legal issues in the off-season would have changed his attitude, but he’s doing the same things this year. He’s a great player and will help IU win a lot of games this year, but his character issues are well documented all the way back to Pitt.

He plays with the same antics as Draymond Green.

He plays with the same antics as Draymond Green.
That's a bad thing? He has how many rings? You realize the only reason X is what he is is because of his drive and emotions. Same with Green. Take away the antics not the same players, or, far worse.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT