ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
His being an emotional infant is the only difference from an all B1G point and a guy with “fire in his belly” that half-wits love. It’s the same people that think the Pacers should give Lance Stephenson a deal. People that don’t understand winning big.
I didn't attack anyone and was simply trying to have a meaningful conversation, which are rare these days. But you have to go the the half-wits comment without even knowing me.

That's a bad thing? He has how many rings? You realize the only reason X is what he is is because of his drive and emotions. Same with Green. Take away the antics not the same players, or, far worse.
That’s a bad thing from a character perspective for sure. Green is a hot head known for playing dirty. He’s effective on the court, but it also drives fans across the country to view him as a low character player.

You can score, create for others, and defend without all the BS antics. And if he can’t, that’s fine too, but that comes with consequences.

That’s a bad thing from a character perspective for sure. Green is a hot head known for playing dirty. He’s effective on the court, but it also drives fans across the country to view him as a low character player.

You can score, create for others, and defend without all the BS antics. And if he can’t, that’s fine too, but that comes with consequences.
Every golden state or Msu fan I have ever talk to is so proud of green. Just like wisconsin was with Davison. Usually the fans of the team they plan on like the player, over half IUs fanbase wanted x kicked off the team. Lol

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Every golden state or Msu fan I have ever talk to is so proud of green. Just like wisconsin was with Davison. Usually the fans of the team they plan on like the player, over half IUs fanbase wanted x kicked off the team. Lol
Part of that is due to the success of the team. I view X like I do Sheehey. I’m glad when they help IU win, but I would never hire them.

Part of that is due to the success of the team. I view X like I do Sheehey. I’m glad when they help IU win, but I would never hire them.
So X will get his flowers after this year from Vivian? I'll gladly enjoy that.

X has earned every bit of hate he’s received. If he wants to better his image, perhaps he should change the way he handles himself. I was hopeful that his legal issues in the off-season would have changed his attitude, but he’s doing the same things this year. He’s a great player and will help IU win a lot of games this year, but his character issues are well documented all the way back to Pitt.

He plays with the same antics as Draymond Green.

Dane Fife: "Hold my beer."

"In the summer [A.J.] Moye punched me in the side of the face," Fife began, as if reciting his resume. "I had him backed up against the basket, though. I took Moye. George Leach and I got into a fight last year. Last summer [Jeff] Newton even took a swing at me--Newton, who's a man of few words."

"I really have no problem with whining," Fife said. "A lot of people say, `Let the coaches do the talking,' but if you're a competitive guy, there's no question that if somebody made a call and it wasn't right, you've got to let them know."

I admitted last year I needed to not say bad things about the players, a few times actually, did you not stalk those posts when you were digging in posts from 2020? 2019?

All shots about basketball are cool, provide stats that back it. Taking shots at someones character I don't like. that's just me. Same can be said for the parents I talk to. If you suck at basketball, no one can really say shit if the stats back it up.

So talking shit is cool as long as it's about basketball, but don't go personal like bringing ones family into it like you did with Romeo's family.

I think it's a matter of you have a personal relationship with these players so now you have a vested interest where before, you didn't, so it was free reign.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
So talking shit is cool as long as it's about basketball, but don't go personal like bringing ones family into it like you did with Romeo's family.

I think it's a matter of you have a personal relationship with these players so now you have a vested interest where before, you didn't, so it was free reign.
This is 100% accurate. If NIL was a thing when Romeo was here and Cab had an arrangement with him, his tune would be much different.

Beautiful early season win. Meets expectations of us as a power team.
Your place or ours, doesn't matter. Better bring your "A" game.
Got the old man excited. Go Hoosiers and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

You act like he killed somebody. I'd like a perfectly squeaky clean player too, but it's not like he killed somebody or was caught running drugs.

As far as his on court edge, that is a fine line for guys like X. He has more grit in his belly than 90 percent of the guys that have come through. Take too much of that away and you have a guy that is a shell of himself.
Enjoy the TF's too.

The competitiveness and passion that has led to on-court issues also drive him to be the great player he is today. A player can be a shit-talker, get in trouble once for reckless driving, look at the opposing team's bench after making a shot AND still be a really good person. You realize this, right? If you have Friday's game recorded, watch the very end. Watch how XJ interacted with Xavier players in the handshake line after the game.

You should learn a little bit about the player you are bent on vilifying:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/12/20/xavier-johnson-and-the-fire-from-within/

Here's another guy whose "cake is baked" and I'm sure "we'll no doubt read about more antics."

sheehey.jpg

ITH: I think every time IU gets set to play Purdue, I always see a gif pop up on Twitter of you flexing at their crowd. How much did you enjoy sort of taunting the opposing team?

Sheehey: "I love talking shit. Like, I don’t care. If I feel like I’m better at something than someone, then I’ll talk shit, and if they’re better than me, then I want them to talk shit, too. My friends to this day and those guys on the team all they do with me is talk shit because that’s just how our conversations go. Like, they know that that’s what I like, and they can give it and they can take it. So, yeah, my friends to this day are good shit-talkers and I think coaches like that. I remember getting thrown out of a game once in college for shit-talking, and Crean was like, “Hey, I’m gonna tell everyone on the team that I’m gonna make you come in and run for days, so like when everyone asks, you have to tell them you’re in trouble, but I love that shit, keep it up. That’s what you bring to this team like that’s just who you are.”

I can’t help it, like some guys just are the way they are. Like Jordan (Hulls) for example, he’s just the nicest dude ever, and you can’t change him to be a bad dude, that’s just who he is. I’m just a shit-talker. I can’t help it, that’s just who I am."
Enjoy the the TF's then.

I think it's a matter of you have a personal relationship with these players so now you have a vested interest where before, you didn't, so it was free rein.
Again, I admitted I should have not said those things and haven’t since. I’m glad I never met romeo tho. :).

You have been railing on Romeo as recently as last month.
Not railing. Telling the fact, he is not a good NBA basketball player, at all. No question about it. He most likely won’t be in the league next year.

Not railing. Telling the fact, he is not a good NBA basketball player, at all. No question about it. He most likely won’t be in the league next year.
Uh you most certainly brought up the BS about him sleeping with a teammates GF last month too. But just keeping it to basketball, right? Such a hypocrite.

Uh you most certainly brought up the BS about him sleeping with a teammates GF last month too. But just keeping it to basketball, right? Such a hypocrite.
Again, That happened ,stating a fact that someone with more credibility than you or anyone else here could ever have told me.

Again, That happened ,stating a fact that someone with more credibility than you or anyone else here could ever have told me.
No, that is 100% false. Why did the guy not tell you about the player who actually did sleep with his teammates GF on an Archie team? Doesn’t seem like he knows much if he doesn’t know about that.

No, that is 100% false. Why did the guy not tell you about the player who actually did sleep with his teammates GF on an Archie team? Doesn’t seem like he knows much if he doesn’t know about that.
K Costco.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT