ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take?

Frosty83

Senior
Oct 29, 2011
At the beginning of the year the IU or Crean bashing was pretty specific that even though he wins the BIG regular season every couple years, his team's never win in March when it matters. If IU gets to the finals of the BTT and gets to a final 4 of the NCAA would that be enough since that was the early complaint to make people happy? Not saying there is any chance this happens but since many were saying he would blow it it in March when IU was healthy, what if they win in March with a team with no OG or CH?

Reactions: ORG
At the beginning of the year the IU or Crean bashing was pretty specific that even though he wins the BIG regular season every couple years, his team's never win in March when it matters. If IU gets to the finals of the BTT and gets to a final 4 of the NCAA would that be enough since that was the early complaint to make people happy? Not saying there is any chance this happens but since many were saying he would blow it it in March when IU was healthy, what if they win in March with a team with no OG or CH?
Most of the opinions of true haterz were formed using 18 years of fact and data. One year, or one run, or one game doesn't matter and never will. We dont like HOW he coaches, as much as we dislike the results.

Nope but it would be enough for fred.

I am as big of a Crean hater as any, have been since Feb of 2013. But if he can make it to the Final Four this year, then yes, go ahead and let him play out his contract.

Keep in mind though that Mike David did one better. He actually made it to the championship game and still got canned a few years later.

IMHO you don't fire a coach who won the Big 10 one year and follows it up with a trip to the final four the next year.

I think some people have watched Hoosiers too many times. It is not going to happen.

LOL. He's been there nine years. Big deal two regular titles followed up by him crapping his pants in the NCAA tournament.

dude has won three games since feb 1

feb 1

you must be the last of the dreamers

This conference is full to the brim with teams that have no business beating this team, even without OG. This is the most disappointing season in my memory. Factoring in the reliable disappointment of Crean's coaching, I still can't believe this team lost more than 5 or 6 conference games.

If they could find a groove, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a run in the BTT just because they shouldn't lose to these teams. Hopefully it's a done deal as far as Crean leaving, otherwise I'm compelled to root against them out of fear that they manage to make him look like a miracle worker next weekend.

This conference is full to the brim with teams that have no business beating this team, even without OG. This is the most disappointing season in my memory. Factoring in the reliable disappointment of Crean's coaching, I still can't believe this team lost more than 5 or 6 conference games.

If they could find a groove, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a run in the BTT just because they shouldn't lose to these teams. Hopefully it's a done deal as far as Crean leaving, otherwise I'm compelled to root against them out of fear that they manage to make him look like a miracle worker next weekend.
Its often more about expectations than talent.

For one, he has won the Big Ten 2 out of 9 years and has a losing record in the BT. Crean is not a good coach. It isn't bashing, but fact and justified criticism. It is what it is. Two, you just said there is no chance this happens: why even bring it up? Hey, it would be really cool if I got with Emily Ratajkowski or Amber Heard or won the lottery or flapped my arms really hard and started flying. You are possibly grasping at straws. Three, OG and CH aren't world beaters and certainly not better than Zeller, Oladipo, Vonleh, or Yogi. IU maybe loses 2-3 less games and flames out in the Round of 64 with them, tops.

You sound like somebody that still thinks Crean could somehow pan out or haven't made it past the denial step in the stages of grief: not good either way.

Last edited:
LOL. He's been there nine years. Big deal two regular titles followed up by him crapping his pants in the NCAA tournament.

Followed up by entire years of the team not knowing how to shoot or defend. Let us not fail to remember Maui and Duke last year. Something happened to that team to pull itself together - was it the coach???? I don't know....

You are crafting an argument around if he gets this team to the final four. You are either talking about a different team, or you are living in an alternate reality.

That would be an odd mix of emotions. You'd want to enjoy the FF, but at the same time you know deep down it's a fluke and now you're stuck with chitty basketball for another 4-5 years. Maybe another B1G title in there somewhere between 8th, 9th, and 10th place finishes.

I am as big of a Crean hater as any, have been since Feb of 2013. But if he can make it to the Final Four this year, then yes, go ahead and let him play out his contract.

Keep in mind though that Mike David did one better. He actually made it to the championship game and still got canned a few years later.
There is no "let him play out his contract". That's not how it works. He'd be a lame duck coach trying to recruit kids. You'd either have to extend him or he'd have to go. It's exactly why he'll be gone at the end of this season regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT