ADVERTISEMENT

What to do in your spare time?

If watching us in 24-25 is as bad as we might fear, what should we do with the time we would have spent being on the forum, watching games, etc?
I think I will try and learn Spanish.
Good post.

Consider that it gets dark earlier in the winter (thus eliminating many outdoor activities for weekday games):

1. Reading (books)
2. Learn a musical instrument / or play with others if you already know one
3. Exercise
4. If weekend : hikes, long bike rides, if snow cross country skiing
5. Volunteer your time to a good cause
6. Visit family (weekly dinners on Tuesdays and Saturdays?)
7. If you live somewhere rural, it should be easy to find something to do out in your pole barn.
8. For the urban dweller any good live shows coming to town?

Good post.

Consider that it gets dark earlier in the winter (thus eliminating many outdoor activities for weekday games):

1. Reading (books)
2. Learn a musical instrument / or play with others if you already know one
3. Exercise
4. If weekend : hikes, long bike rides, if snow cross country skiing
5. Volunteer your time to a good cause
6. Visit family (weekly dinners on Tuesdays and Saturdays?)
7. If you live somewhere rural, it should be easy to find something to do out in your pole barn.
8. For the urban dweller any good live shows coming to town?
Retake boxing back up. Not competively anymore like I did for 20+ years, just for fun working out and try and get my cardio in a better place.

Try and cutback on the all the yes dear responses to my gf.

Work less than 60 hrs a week.

Taking my dog for more walks. Anything really, but watching a program that doesent care about winning themselves. Lots of things to do.

Retake boxing back up. Not competively anymore like I did for 20+ years, just for fun working out and try and get my cardio in a better place.

Taking my dog for more walks. Anything really, but watching a program that doesent care about winning themselves. Lots of things to do.
Yeah, getting off the couch is a good goal. Walking a dog can be very therapeutic

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I plan to spend all of my spare time browsing IU message boards and contemplating the next coach to follow Mike Woodson only to find out he will be extended another season!

probably take up boxing and beat up GeorgeStrait , good way to take out my frustrations and sounds like he's old and way past his prime in the ring.

I am in transition. Have been searching jobs while employed (which is a full-time job itself) and now negotiating 2 offers simultaneously and resigning my long time position.

It’s exhausting and will be glad once it’s settled. Each presents a new stretch challenge which will take a lot of time and effort. Free time seems like a distant goal. Sorry for the long post.. Maybe some of you are in a similar transition. It’s all positive.

I am in transition. Have been searching jobs while employed (which is a full-time job itself) and now negotiating 2 offers simultaneously and resigning my long time position.

It’s exhausting and will be glad once it’s settled. Each presents a new stretch challenge which will take a lot of time and effort. Free time seems like a distant goal. Sorry for the long post.. Maybe some of you are in a similar transition. It’s all positive.
Best of luck. Switching employers is one of the more stressful life events.

Reactions: IUHoopster

when I read your 1st sentence, I was thinking you should talk to lucy.

If watching us in 24-25 is as bad as we might fear, what should we do with the time we would have spent being on the forum, watching games, etc?
I already know German, so I picked up a Rosetta Stone deal for Spanish. They threw in a Kentuckian module for free.

Reactions: Jssanto
I plan on continuing my observation of nature while addressing the challenges that come with my vow to eat more bok choy in the coming years.

Balls deep in my old lady every time IU “plays basketball.”

She’s already agreed to the plan. She’s a Purdue alumna!

P.S. Also considering setting up a LARGE number of troll/burner accounts for use here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT