ADVERTISEMENT

What really pisses me off....

ribbont

All-American
Mar 23, 2006
is after that performance and effort, now I have ever so slightest glimmer of hope that we could, maybe, possibly, if the stars align....beat Wisconsin.

And if that happens, with our last 3 opponents means we could....STOP IT!!!!! You dumbass! It's Indiana!

Sigh.

Imagine if Allen had gone with Sorsby from jump street?? Sorsby would be so much farther along in his development. I thought he played a pretty darn good game in an extremely hostile environment.

Like you said, they certainly have very winnable games fast approaching.

Imagine if Allen had gone with Sorsby from jump street?? Sorsby would be so much farther along in his development. I thought he played a pretty darn good game in an extremely hostile environment.

Yeah. I’m disappointed that it took this long. It seemed clear to me in spring that he’d be the guy. I didn’t see it at the time, but he reminds me so much of Ramsey in being able to extend plays and just make stuff happen. A “football player.”

In a bigger way, however, I think that there’s a big change in the OL. They were churning yards against a good defense. The same OL that couldn’t take 6 inches vs Louisville. Regardless how the season shakes out, the team didn’t reach its potential.

Basically, everyone who said anything wanted Tayven after the first two games. The fact that the fans were divided before the season, and continued to question every QB move made, shows that they WERE close.

Whether it was Sorsby or Jackson, the coaches just needed to come to SOME consensus before the season. I get that it was a difficult call, but they frankly put themselves in that position by failing to reel in an experienced starter, and then effectively giving up on doing so after Tayven transferred in.

But even not doing that, if they had just picked one of the two before Ohio State and rode with them through the thick and thin, I feel like Allen would actually be given a little more slack for having a record like this if that guy showed growth during the process of getting there. There would at least be the optimism around continued growth next year for a young QB. But now? Unless this was a full-on turning point for Sorsby and he lights the last four teams up, Allen doesn't even really have anything left to sell fans and keep the fire turned down around him.

Basically, everyone who said anything wanted Tayven after the first two games. The fact that the fans were divided before the season, and continued to question every QB move made, shows that they WERE close.

Whether it was Sorsby or Jackson, the coaches just needed to come to SOME consensus before the season. I get that it was a difficult call, but they frankly put themselves in that position by failing to reel in an experienced starter, and then effectively giving up on doing so after Tayven transferred in.

But even not doing that, if they had just picked one of the two before Ohio State and rode with them through the thick and thin, I feel like Allen would actually be given a little more slack for having a record like this if that guy showed growth during the process of getting there. There would at least be the optimism around continued growth next year for a young QB. But now? Unless this was a full-on turning point for Sorsby and he lights the last four teams up, Allen doesn't even really have anything left to sell fans and keep the fire turned down around him.
As long as Sorsby isn't hurt too bad, I look for him to play well moving forward. He played his butt off today in a mad house.

Allen had a lot of pressure on him to start/play Jackson because of his brother, IMO. I really think that was a big factor in the decisions made.

Many of our offensive woes over the past three seasons (think transfer portal) are due to the promises that have been made to kids to come or to stay here. Shivers and Lucas were force fed while there were clearly more effective backs. Jackson was paid a lot to come here and the pressure/commitment was to play him. CTA has not done well in the portal era because he makes ridiculous promises and keeps them.

As long as Sorsby isn't hurt too bad, I look for him to play well moving forward. He played his butt off today in a mad house.

Allen had a lot of pressure on him to start/play Jackson because of his brother, IMO. I really think that was a big factor in the decisions made.
Jackson was a 4 star and local boy. I'm sure Allen offered him the moon to transfer.

I trust Carey a lot more than Bell when it comes to picking QBs. I believe Bell was pressured by Allen to play Jackson and that was part of his problem.

Carey doesn't seem like a guy who is easily intimidated by a HC, and particularly one that doesn't have as much HC experience as he does.

Carey may just save Allen's job for another year.

Wisconsin has been such an awful matchup for us over the years.

Our losses in the 2010s were by 28, 48, 48, 52, and 63, until we got that win in Camp Randall during the COVID year.

I can only hope this is a let down spot for them after hosting OSU at night. Fickell had no problem beating Allen with Cincy.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13

Our losses in the 2010s were by 28, 48, 48, 52, and 63, until we got that win in Camp Randall during the COVID year.

I can only hope this is a let down spot for them after hosting OSU at night. Fickell had no problem beating Allen with Cincy.
Wisconsin will likely be without Braelon Allen next week.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Of course. He threw three TD passes against Penn State on their field. And one was a 90-yard bomb. The interception against the grain hurt, but that doesn't cancel what he did.

is after that performance and effort, now I have ever so slightest glimmer of hope that we could, maybe, possibly, if the stars align....beat Wisconsin.

And if that happens, with our last 3 opponents means we could....STOP IT!!!!! You dumbass! It's Indiana!

Sigh.
After centuries of having to settle for "moral victories," I'm all for them now. If anything, Saturday showed we have decent personnel. Maybe that will silence some of that "We don't belong in the Big Ten" talk. Now we can be a spoiler.

Sigh.
Why not? Penn State is better than anybody remaining on our schedule. Next I would like to run on first and second downs instead of throwing on first downs, then running on 2nd and 10. I think we also should start covering punt and kickoff returns. If we do this, we could go on a run.

After centuries of having to settle for "moral victories," I'm all for them now. If anything, Saturday showed we have decent personnel. Maybe that will silence some of that "We don't belong in the Big Ten" talk. Now we can be a spoiler.
One failed spoiler attempt does not necessarily a spoiler make, going forward. Let’s wait and see if we finish strong with what remains, the easier part of our schedule.

Why not? Penn State is better than anybody remaining on our schedule. Next I would like to run on first and second downs instead of throwing on first downs, then running on 2nd and 10. I think we also should start covering punt and kickoff returns. If we do this, we could go on a run.
The 2nd and 9 run just prior to kicking the game tying FG was chicken sh!t. I've harped on it before but where in the world are the tight ends in this offense?

Do yourself a favor and watch some NFL games today. You'll very quickly realize how much the TE position factors into the best offenses in the land. We simply do not utilize that position much at all.

Bottom line for me is that the team was let down by lousy play calling that went for the tie game instead of playing to win. It was Indiana's "puncher's chance" and Allen chose not to throw the punch....

Of course. He threw three TD passes against Penn State on their field. And one was a 90-yard bomb. The interception against the grain hurt, but that doesn't cancel what he did.
Did you watch the game?

The 2nd and 9 run just prior to kicking the game tying FG was chicken sh!t. I've harped on it before but where in the world are the tight ends in this offense?

Do yourself a favor and watch some NFL games today. You'll very quickly realize how much the TE position factors into the best offenses in the land. We simply do not utilize that position much at all.

Bottom line for me is that the team was let down by lousy play calling that went for the tie game instead of playing to win. It was Indiana's "puncher's chance" and Allen chose not to throw the punch....
Our best tight end, by a wide, wide margin, plays for Michigan. We are not a very talented team relative to others in the Big Ten, and the TE position group is modest, to be kind.

If he started Jackson because of his brother, he should be fired for that alone.

You know he did
This is like the posters who said Allen kept Hiller because their wives are friends. The wait times for Wisconsin bathrooms are now over an hour, and that’s IF you have a friend who works in the campus bratwurst research building.

This is like the posters who said Allen kept Hiller because their wives are friends. The wait times for Wisconsin bathrooms are now over an hour, and that’s IF you have a friend who works in the campus bratwurst research building.
I think it was you. Or Ordfan (same thing) who mentioned that facts matter, yet you decide to spew some embellished bullshit because those facts contradict how you like portraying IU as the only school with issues related to fan experience. GFY buddy.

I think it was you. Or Ordfan (same thing) who mentioned that facts matter, yet you decide to spew some embellished bullshit because those facts contradict how you like portraying IU as the only school with issues related to fan experience. GFY buddy.
No, I openly laughed at those incredibly ignorant claims, as anyone should’ve (even someone like you).Facts matter, which is why you’re having such a tough time here.

The whole “facts matter” act blew up in his face big time.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
The whole “facts matter” act blew up in his face big time.
Not in the least, and it’s why you’ve been chasing me around for the better part of a year (after I busted you for getting way far away from the facts). Several posters made that ridiculous assertion, and I laughed at them then as I would now. You don’t belong here.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Not in the least, and it’s why you’ve been chasing me around for the better part of a year (after I busted you for getting way far away from the facts). Several posters made that ridiculous assertion, and I laughed at them then as I would now. You don’t belong here.
Lol.

Facts matter splattered all over you

Yeah. I’m disappointed that it took this long. It seemed clear to me in spring that he’d be the guy. I didn’t see it at the time, but he reminds me so much of Ramsey in being able to extend plays and just make stuff happen. A “football player.”

In a bigger way, however, I think that there’s a big change in the OL. They were churning yards against a good defense. The same OL that couldn’t take 6 inches vs Louisville. Regardless how the season shakes out, the team didn’t reach its potential.

If the truth is told, Allen probably favored Jackson since the kid was a Tennessee recruit. I get that but I view that as Tennessee 's mistake. I just don't think that Indiana High School football has produced very many Division I qbs over the last 50 years or not many who did well at IU. Grossman and Chappell did well but Kiel was a total bust. Why would anyone really think that Jackson was good. History is against him

I thought they played well v. OSU.

Their starting QB got hurt and is out for the year, but the backup is pretty effective, unfortunately. The TB, Allen, might be out though. That would be a big loss.

Overall, they're a little better than Rutgers....their OL, QB, and WRs are better, imo. A probable loss.

If the truth is told, Allen probably favored Jackson since the kid was a Tennessee recruit. I get that but I view that as Tennessee 's mistake. I just don't think that Indiana High School football has produced very many Division I qbs over the last 50 years or not many who did well at IU. Grossman and Chappell did well but Kiel was a total bust. Why would anyone really think that Jackson was good. History is against him
Mike Phipps Columbus and Bob Griese Evansville both Boilers and à few years past your in the last 50 years statement LOL

Mike Phipps Columbus and Bob Griese Evansville both Boilers and à few years past your in the last 50 years statement LOL
Yes to Griese and Phipps but that is now almost 60 years ago. I don't think we are missing anyone else. So why is Indiana high school football void of good qbs?

Jay Cutler, Jeff George, Joey Elliott and Curtis Painter were pretty successful at least at the college level. Matt Mauck won a national championship with LSU in the 2000s (he was not the star of that team though).

I agree that Indiana hasn’t produced a lot of great QB talent over the years, but I’m not sure how that can figure in to a calculus. Either you think a kid has it or you don’t.

Yes to Griese and Phipps but that is now almost 60 years ago. I don't think we are missing anyone else. So why is Indiana high school football void of good qbs?
Mark Herman and our own Dave Shnell. Blair Keil was pretty good too. I don't think where you come from has much if anything to do with it. If you can play you can play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT