ADVERTISEMENT

What makes a person likable??

This kinda sounds like the old covenant is being discarded by the adoption of the new:

Hebrews 8:1–13​

The New International Version

The High Priest of a New Covenant
8 Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest,s who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven,t 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacleu set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.
3 Every high priestv is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices,w and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer.x 4 If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already priests who offer the gifts prescribed by the law.y 5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copyz and shadowa of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warnedb when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”a c 6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenantd of which he is mediatore is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for anothe
r.f 8 But God found fault with the people and saidb:
“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenantg
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestor
sh
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenanti I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.j
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.k
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,l
from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.mc n
13 By calling this covenant “new,”o he has made the first one obsolete;p and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Correct. That just means to be a follower people no longer have to follow the 600+ rules put in place in the OT. Only one requirement

Pharisees, Saducees, Scribes, Herodians. All very learned pious religious leaders who were mocked by Jesus because of their bastardization of Mosaic law. Your turn…
After His Resurrection Jesus' disciples wanted to know if they were going to get their nation back. Remember at that time they were under Roman Occupation. So they actually wanted to kick the Romans out and begin the Messiah's reign which was prophesied in the Scriptures. In 722 b.c. the Assyrian Empire destroyed the 10 Northern Tribes which were known as Israel. In 586 b.c. the Babylonians destroyed the 2 Southern Tribes which was called Israel. This began the, "Times Of The Gentiles"(Israel not controlling their nation and capital ie Jerusalem) which would last until Messiah came back to rule and reign. In Acts 1:6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Again the reason why the disciples expected to have their own nation back was because it was in the Scriptures. What Jesus does is to basically say, "You don't need to know the time this will happen. But I have a mission for you to do and for all those believers after you. Preach the Gospel to every people group on the Earth".

After His Resurrection Jesus' disciples wanted to know if they were going to get their nation back. Remember at that time they were under Roman Occupation. So they actually wanted to kick the Romans out and begin the Messiah's reign which was prophesied in the Scriptures. In 722 b.c. the Assyrian Empire destroyed the 10 Northern Tribes which were known as Israel. In 586 b.c. the Babylonians destroyed the 2 Southern Tribes which was called Israel. This began the, "Times Of The Gentiles"(Israel not controlling their nation and capital ie Jerusalem) which would last until Messiah came back to rule and reign. In Acts 1:6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Again the reason why the disciples expected to have their own nation back was because it was in the Scriptures. What Jesus does is to basically say, "You don't need to know the time this will happen. But I have a mission for you to do and for all those believers after you. Preach the Gospel to every people group on the Earth".

The two southern tribes were Judah, not Israel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT