ADVERTISEMENT

Werner too old for OC?

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Isn't Werner 57?? The board will have a total melt down if we hire an old fogy like that! LOL. The guy has one foot in the grave and has surely lost any creativity and/or ability to innovate.

Bill Snyder just retired from K State at age 79. Nick Saban is 67 and nobody is calling him old. 57 is relatively young in the coaching world.

/endthread

My post was tongue in cheek as far as my opinion. I figure that the majority of the posters on here, though, would think he is too old. This is based on the constant comments about debord being too old.

His name comes up bc of Ole Miss ties, but didn’t he just take a job at South Carolina as QB coach? Would he jump ship for this if offered?

Seems like great guy, but also seems like could still be a serious on the rise coach (ie a coOC from GA type) IU could get. Not sure about Canada but maybe him too.

My post was tongue in cheek as far as my opinion. I figure that the majority of the posters on here, though, would think he is too old. This is based on the constant comments about debord being too old.

Our president is in his 70s and in control of the free world. But 57? No way that guy can coach an offense. :p

Reactions: Sassy61
Isn't Werner 57?? The board will have a total melt down if we hire an old fogy like that! LOL. The guy has one foot in the grave and has surely lost any creativity and/or ability to innovate.
personally i'd rather have a younger guy instead of a retread. but whatever cta decides is ok with me.

Have some kids stand in his yard to see if he yells at them to get off his lawn. That seems to be the true litmus test around here.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
This issue with Werner will be one of compensation rather than age. His 2018 check is going from $500k to $700k+ in 2019, so IU will need to enter new territory to get this guy.

This issue with Werner will be one of compensation rather than age. His 2018 check is going from $500k to $700k+ in 2019, so IU will need to enter new territory to get this guy.

I think they will if they have to. An extra half million would be a bargain if it would mean a consistant bowl team and maybe going to 8 or 9 wins every so often, maybe more. If they cant see that, then we are doomed to be a 5 or 6 win team year in and year out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT