ADVERTISEMENT

Well... It looks like I'll be new car shopping soon

this was from a great show called fatal attractions. it was about people who were outsiders who would buy and live with exotic animals. the episodes were all the same format. and wonderful

Family member: joey never had many friends growing up. he was an outsider. he mostly just kept to himself, listening to music, avoiding people. that all changed when he got his first hyena. it just gave him a sense of accomplishment and the confidence he never had before. when he bought a second, and then a third and fourth, it was the happiest we'd ever known him.

narrator in a somber voice: that it ended tragically was almost inevitable.

expert: hyenas cannot be domesticated. at some point their instincts....

bailey-buffalo-550x412-500x374.jpg
All that changed when he got his 1st Hyena...LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Pulling the engine to diagnose? Find another mechanic.
It's either not getting fuel
or it's not getting fire
Or it's not getting air.
** or it has no compression
Pulling and engine to identify which part of the tetrahedron is missing, means the mechanic needs to make a boat payment.

edit ** compression
Could be valve problems … a head off repair …

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No gas bought in August.
No gas bought in July.
No gas bought in June.

The dealer filled it up at purchase in May and I'm now down to a little over 1/4 tank, with 1,400 miles driven. All daily commuting has been purely in EV mode. I took 4 or 5 longer trips using gas/hybrid mode but nothing over 150 miles round trip.

My lawn mower needs gas, so I might have to get some soon.
That's awesome. I had a CX-90 as a loaner for a few days last month and really liked it. My wife said it was too big for our needs (that's what she said) so we're waiting on the CX-70 PHEV sometime next year.

Reactions: outside shooter
That has the new flat plane crank motor too. All the v8s America has produced have cross plane cranks. The flat plane used to have balance issues but the euros, Ferrari and others started turning higher rpms with flat plane. The new Vette and the new Ford Voodoo motors have the flat plane.
Both are starting to have issues. They discontinued the voodoo. They were coming apart. The best sounding high rever is the Lexus LFA. 9500 rpm V10. Howls like a Williams 2005 f1 car.

Both are starting to have issues. They discontinued the voodoo. They were coming apart. The best sounding high rever is the Lexus LFA. 9500 rpm V10. Howls like a Williams 2005 f1 car.
You know the Coyote is just a tough motor anyways that Ford has had for years. It cranks 7500 with ease maybe more.

Tell you what. My brother picked up a car in Chicago at an exotic lot a few weeks back. You know what blew me away. This guy had old Supras. Had a Supra with over 100,000 miles for over a hundred grand. I guess the fast and furious series made those cars ex treme popular. And the guy said you could do a gazillion things to the motors, they can handle anything. Never knew

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
You know the Coyote is just a tough motor anyways that Ford has had for years. It cranks 7500 with ease maybe more.

Tell you what. My brother picked up a car in Chicago at an exotic lot a few weeks back. You know what blew me away. This guy had old Supras. Had a Supra with over 100,000 miles for over a hundred grand. I guess the fast and furious series made those cars ex treme popular. And the guy said you could do a gazillion things to the motors, they can handle anything. Never knew

interesting! my buddy had a supra in high school. brand new. his dad would go out and check the mileage

Reactions: Indianaftw
interesting! my buddy had a supra in high school. brand new. his dad would go out and check the mileage
Click that link and check out those Supra's. Just you average looking well kept late 90s stock cars. Then look at the price tag. Prepare yourself 😂

The 2jz engine is tough as they come. 2000hp ones out there. Tougher than a coyote. The GM LS based stuff is extremely tough. I’ve seen coyote engines split in half.

Reactions: Indianaftw
I tell you an engine that’s starting to get a lot of attention is the old atlas 4.2 straight 6 they put in early 2000s trailblazer/envoys. They are taking lots of boost. Real tough and fast. They are calling them the American 2jz. E85 and big boost making big numbers.

Last edited:
The 2jz engine is tough as they come. 2000hp ones out there. Tougher than a coyote. The GM LS based stuff is extremely tough. I’ve seen coyote engines split in half.
Yes they are but worth 200 grand? I had my coyote dynoed to the hilt. Coyote motors are the shit. Look dog IDK what you drive but these are the guys that did my truck and they do not phuck around.

Record... check the speed and rpm's that may even be the viper. Ford makes solid ass motors.

Yes they are but worth 200 grand? I had my coyote dynoed to the hilt. Coyote motors are the shit. Look dog IDK what you drive but these are the guys that did my truck and they do not phuck around.

Record... check the speed and rpm's that may even be the viper. Ford makes solid ass motors.

The toyota? See ya...That was a half mile in 13.5???!!! That is sickening. I've seen these guys builds, they are radical and so well done. Those are not nitrous cars that would basically melt the motors after a few runs. Those are twin turbo 1600 hp cars that run alcohol based (e85) gas with gearing to support the 1/2 mile.

Check that dyno

Shit, are they even producing cars these days? UAW fvcking up things yet again. Those morons are putting the country into recession and going to lose their jobs.
It don’t matter. The dream team are dinosaurs. MOPAR and boy racers are dead. We’re going to have driverless nerd cars like you see all over Scottsdale.

Reactions: DANC
Is it really that bad out there? This guy usually knows his stuff.

"The percentage of subprime auto borrowers 60+ days past due on loans hit a record 6.1% in September."

So they were high risk to begin with. I don't have much sympathy for anybody in that situation, on either side of the ledger. I'm actually kind of surprised the number in arrears isn't higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT