ADVERTISEMENT

We will get into the tournament if

we win five more games:
@Maryland
@Minnesota
Michigan State
BTT Game 1 (seed 11-14)
BTT Game 2 (seed 1-4)
That might get us back into bubble consideration but still a longshot to make the field. Our metrics (NET/KenPom) are just terrible even if we add 3-4 more Q1 wins between now and then.

But to think this team is capable of stringing together 5 straight wins is downright funny.

9C2N2l.gif

Nope. Have to win the BTT
There’s a first time for everything.

Of the current B1G teams who have been in the conference since the tournament started in 1998, I believe Penn State, Northwestern and gool ol’ IU are the only teams who have never won it. We’ve only made it to the title game once and lost on a last second shot by former Hoosier Luke Recker.

We need to win the Big 10 Tourney. There just aren't enough quality Wins. Of the games We have left, Maryland is mediocre and having problems, we already beat Minnesota once at home and We haven't played well in that old barn of an Arena of theirs in recent years. MSU is good, but not a dominating team. looking back, if We hadn't blown our halftime lead against Kansas and beat Illinois once, the picture would be a lot brighter.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

Of the current B1G teams who have been in the conference since the tournament started in 1998, I believe Penn State, Northwestern and gool ol’ IU are the only teams who have never won it. We’ve only made it to the title game once and lost on a last second shot by former Hoosier Luke Recker.
Nope. The Recker game was in 02 in the semis. The previous year was the loss to Iowa in the title game.

There is no chance in hell IU gets an at-large bid into the tournament. Their resume is horrendous and nothing that happens in the conference tourney short of winning it will matter at all.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
we win five more games:
@Maryland
@Minnesota
Michigan State
BTT Game 1 (seed 11-14)
BTT Game 2 (seed 1-4)

Love the optimism but you’re wrong. We would at least need to win on Saturday and we’d better hope that’s against Illinois. Beating Maryland and Northwestern in the BTT isn’t going to do it if you turn around and lose to Illinois on Saturday.

we win five more games:
@Maryland
@Minnesota
Michigan State
BTT Game 1 (seed 11-14)
BTT Game 2 (seed 1-4)
I believe we play the 6 seed in BTT game 2 if we end up with 11th seed and beat the 14 seed in game 1.

I think to even get our names discussed in the committee room, we need to win our next 6 games. Last 3 regular season games, and First 3 BTT games.

To actually get in, still think we have to win BTT. I guess maybe if there are literally zero bid stealers, maybe we slide in to a play in game if we win out next 7, and lose a close game against Purdue.

Basically, gotta win the BTT.

Coach Dennis Felton took last place Georgia to the NCAA tourney by winning the SEC Tournament in 2008. Not only defeated Kentucky in the final but survived the tornado attack on downtown Atlanta.
Saved his job for one more season.
So it has happened and could happen again…….

Coach Dennis Felton took last place Georgia to the NCAA tourney by winning the SEC Tournament in 2008. Not only defeated Kentucky in the final but survived the tornado attack on downtown Atlanta.
Saved his job for one more season.
So it has happened and could happen again…….
Obviously anything could happen...but the biggest problem is beating Purdue, and a handful of other teams that would include at least one team like Illinois.

In my wildest, longest stretch of good play and good luck dreams, I can't fathom this team beating Purdue and a couple other teams like Illinois/Wisconsin/Northwestern...

We need to win the Big 10 Tourney. There just aren't enough quality Wins. Of the games We have left, Maryland is mediocre and having problems, we already beat Minnesota once at home and We haven't played well in that old barn of an Arena of theirs in recent years. MSU is good, but not a dominating team. looking back, if We hadn't blown our halftime lead against Kansas and beat Illinois once, the picture would be a lot brighter.

IU will fold like a cheap tent in these road games.

Actually,

Maryland
Nebraska
Northwestern
Rutgers
IU
Minnesota
Penn St.

have never won it, with the first four on that list never having played in the championship game:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT