ADVERTISEMENT

Ware and MM

Also…we literally didn’t guard MKG for long stretches of that game. You know, the future number 2 pick in that next draft MKG. That was one of the more acute moments I knew Crean was a whack job.

Always mad scientisting his way out of solid basketball.
Crean saw what a lot of us saw: MKG wasn't really very good. One of the biggest busts for a 2nd pick ever.

Yep. Something like 35-37 LOL. No one ever mentions VJ3 was out with his knee injury from 2 weeks earlier either.
Yea. It was a tough loss but I couldn’t be mad. Cody outplayed AD but UK was shooting very well. It was a nonsense move for the committee to put us in the S16 with UK — clearly juicing the ratings and narrative with the rematch.

2011-12 was a rare IU season where we played well and overachieved a bit. A lot of those players went through rebuild hell and were very tough. Deserves respect.

Reactions: kkott
Yea. It was a tough loss but I couldn’t be mad. Cody outplayed AD but UK was shooting very well. It was a nonsense move for the committee to put us in the S16 with UK — clearly juicing the ratings and narrative with the rematch.

2011-12 was a rare IU season where we played well and overachieved a bit. A lot of those players went through rebuild hell and were very tough. Deserves respect.
Its crazy but Matt Roth could have come back the next year (due to injury) but wasnt asked by CTC or something like that. He could have wrote a book. "From 6-25 to #1 in the country. My IU story."

Reactions: Tammany Hall
We did not play in the 1975 title game. Kentucky beat us and in an earlier round and Scott May was injured with a broken arm from the Purdue game. Played just like 10 minutes with the soft cast. My memory is pretty good from those years. I still say that I would have punched Bob Guyette from Kentucky if I ever met him for the way he kept smacking May on his soft cast.
That’s what I meant.

Reactions: Shuski
We all think Ware goes pro and MM stays or portal, correct?
There are several factors supporting MM staying. He improved a lot to B1G FoY. He’s vital to the team so big NIL is coming, likely more than anyone else would pay him. NIL at IU is a better option than some professional development league deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: asindc
There are several factors supporting MM staying. He improved a lot to B1G FoY. He’s vital to the team so big NIL is coming, likely more than anyone else would pay him. NIL at IU is a better option than some professional development league deal.
So a pro IU organization, collects money into NIL, and then distributes it as they need to in order to keep or attract players?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT