ADVERTISEMENT

Ware and MM

Good work from MM. His first few games he was looking like Jeremy Hollowell 2.0 and he improved significantly.

He’ll still one of the oddest defenders I can remember seeing but he will eventually figure this that out too.

Friends of Woody NIL is probably coming his way. I think he will be back for one more year.

Ware was great. Shame we didn’t have a better team around him.

Good work from MM. His first few games he was looking like Jeremy Hollowell 2.0 and he improved significantly.

He’ll still one of the oddest defenders I can remember seeing but he will eventually figure this that out too.

Friends of Woody NIL is probably coming his way. I think he will be back for one more year.

Ware was great. Shame we didn’t have a better team around him.
I read somewhere that MM played zone exclusively in HS. Earlier this season, he sure looked like a player who had never played HS-level man-to-man.

I think that shits funny. The neutral Kentucky thinks they are something southern. South rise again? Only when you see your mom sister cousin in overalls. Come on Richiehastheruns.
Kentucky has a star on the flag, y'know. Frankfort government got cold feet being surrounded by the midwest. My dads family was in TN during the civil war

Last edited:
lol. That was eye candy for the bigots. History’s flip flopers. The “Confederate” Kentuckians went to Tennessee.
Lol, my GGGG-Grandfather enlisted in KY, not TN. And false. Delegates were sent from 68 of 110 counties. To a convetion in Russellville. They seceded and had full representation in confederate congress. The frankfort government refused to do a population vote. And confederate voters boycotted the elections in 1861. So we'll never know. Still sent 38 generals, 50,000 soldiers, and a shit ton of supplies to the CSA. Kentucky had union supporters due to slavery. Unionists felt the best way to keep their slaves was to remain in the union. Also, had strong economic ties to the midwest, and look at KY on the map. We would be pummeled if we ''officially'' seceded. The CSA considered Kentucky apart of it's nation. So did the union soldiers who occupied the state. Just facts. Anyway, back to basketball.

Read divided loyalties by James Finck if you're interested.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I was there and foul trouble on Oladipo and Zeller definitely hampered our chance in that game. At least one foul on each player was very questionable. AD was a beast but got away with a lot in that game. The final score was not very indicative of the game.
Was a good game. I rewatch it sometimes.

False. Delegates were sent from 68 of 110 counties. To a convetion in Russellville. They seceded and had full representation in confederate congress. The frankfort government refused to do a population vote. And confederate voters boycotted the elections in 1861. So we'll never know. Still sent 38 generals, 50,000 soldiers, and a shit ton of supplies to the CSA. Kentucky had union supporters due to slavery. Unionists felt the best way to keep their slaves was to remain in the union. Also, had strong economic ties to the midwest, and look at KY on the map. We would be pummeled if we ''officially'' seceded. The CSA considered Kentucky apart of it's nation. So did the union soldiers who occupied the state. Just facts. Anyway, back to basketball.

Read divided loyalties by James Finck if you're interested.
That wasn’t official. They tried to adopt a new state seal and secede. That didn’t work but you know how history is. If you want to be a rebel or a cook you can claim anything in your head.

Reactions: z_one
That wasn’t official. They tried to adopt a new state seal and secede. That didn’t work but you know how history is. If you want to be a rebel or a cook you can claim anything in your head.
What was official? It was a civil war. The union didn't consider any confederate government legitimate. But the CSA considered Kentucky's legitimiate. That's just facts.

What was official? It was a civil war. The union didn't consider any confederate government legitimate. But the CSA considered Kentucky's legitimiate. That's just facts.
Like I said. It wasn’t an official government. Ever. If you think you are a confederate and a loser. Fine by me.

Hmmmm…no Woody for COY? Damnit, he’s doing his job! Can’t anyone else see that??
mike-woodson-19.gif

He was talking about the 1975 title game.
We did not play in the 1975 title game. Kentucky beat us and in an earlier round and Scott May was injured with a broken arm from the Purdue game. Played just like 10 minutes with the soft cast. My memory is pretty good from those years. I still say that I would have punched Bob Guyette from Kentucky if I ever met him for the way he kept smacking May on his soft cast.

I was there and foul trouble on Oladipo and Zeller definitely hampered our chance in that game. At least one foul on each player was very questionable. AD was a beast but got away with a lot in that game. The final score was not very indicative of the game.
And UK was not a great free throw shooting team and I think they were either perfect or close to it with 30 some free throws.

Also…we literally didn’t guard MKG for long stretches of that game. You know, the future number 2 pick in that next draft MKG. That was one of the more acute moments I knew Crean was a whack job.

Always mad scientisting his way out of solid basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT