ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Roster.....

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
4-5: MR, MM
2-3: Galloway, Leal, Newton
1: Cups

This is assuming MM returns and that Ware goes pro...

leaves 7 openings for portal or 8 if MM leaves

Needs: true playmaking PG, shooting, and 2 more big's to make this roster competitive next year, and that is assuming you can turn almost an entire new roster into a "TEAM". Still amazes me how a roster has that many openings and not 1 single recruit. That is pure laziness.

Needs: true playmaking PG, shooting, and 2 more big's to make this roster competitive next year, and that is assuming you can turn almost an entire new roster into a "TEAM". Still amazes me how a roster has that many openings and not 1 single recruit. That is pure laziness.
"not 1 single recruit".....It matters a great deal who is doing the recruiting. This guy might as well try to sell pet porcupines. If there is a less qualified head coach in mens' D1 basketball....I haven't seen him.

Self was lazier, he only had 9 players this year, How could a team like Kansas have 4 openings and not fill them. Pure laziness...

Reactions: Vern Pain

I do not know if laziness is the cause. Correlation is not causation. I think CMW really tried to build a recruiting class. He may have even tried really hard. But he swung and missed a lot early on in the process. And we had a shot to still get a guy or two from the HS class, but they were taking a wait and see approach. They wanted to see how this team played. We know how that went. We know what they saw. Not only did he not add these guys but he lost the only guy he had signed.

This is the 1st inning of the off season and the score is 0-0. We have not really lost anyone we did not suspect was gone or needed to be gone. We have not gotten anyone either. There is a long way to go before we know what the roster will look like in the fall. But the if the reports are right that we have $6 million in NIL budget to allocate - we will probably get a roster that looks good on paper.

Then the questions are:

How well did we scout - are they quality players?
How did we construct the roster - can the pieces fit together on the court?
Can CMW coach them up - meld them together as team?

Self was lazier, he only had 9 players this year, How could a team like Kansas have 4 openings and not fill them. Pure laziness...
lol sure let’s use the best basketball coach in the country as your defense. Also he had a 3 man recruiting class last year and 3 man class coming in. Not sure he was lazy in recruiting

It’s either laziness, or a shitty salesman. Even Mike Davis landed a couple of McDonald’s all Americans

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
It’s either laziness, or a shitty salesman. Even Mike Davis landed a couple of McDonald’s all Americans
I am actually not arguing against you, but we did have a different standing nationally back then - now the HS kids think of us very differently.

lol sure let’s use the best basketball coach in the country as your defense. Also he had a 3 man recruiting class last year and 3 man class coming in. Not sure he was lazy in recruiting
Defense? Defense of what, laziness? Just pointing out that Self was lazy too ... since it's obvious that laziness is the cause of all recruiting errors... You need to quit making excuses for lazy coaches.

Defense? Defense of what, laziness? Just pointing out that Self was lazy too ... since it's obvious that laziness is the cause of all recruiting errors... You need to quit making excuses for lazy coaches.
Lazy as in he was a 4 seed in the tourney? Not a guy that missed the tourney, has 7 openings on his roster and has no recruits. Apples and oranges brother

When things do not go your way or the recruit says no it's laziness. You can not make them come. You already ASSume the season is a failure b4 it has officially ended again you do not know what goes on behind the scenes. I would not tell you guys either so say what you may. I guess you guys want to fill a roster whether they r good or not,

When things do not go your way or the recruit says no it's laziness. You can not make them come. You already ASSume the season is a failure b4 it has officially ended again you do not know what goes on behind the scenes. I would not tell you guys either so say what you may. I guess you guys want to fill a roster whether they r good or not,
You are making zero sense. Things went very bad, it’s easy to see. Terrible season with zero recruits lined up. Yes total laziness.

I honestly don’t see how IU attracts any decent portal player unless they simply want a big paycheck. Woodson’s offensive system isn’t conducive to showcasing any guard’s playmaking ability.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Lazy as in he was a 4 seed in the tourney? Not a guy that missed the tourney, has 7 openings on his roster and has no recruits. Apples and oranges brother
Quit making excuses for him. He was obviously lazy and it cost him a conference championship and possible tourney run. Was he so lazy that he couldn't take five minutes to pick up the phone and say yes. How hard could it be to fill a roster at Kansas? Great culture, winning program, open spots, large NIL base ... and he ended up with 9 players? Lazy AF.

Quit making excuses for him. He was obviously lazy and it cost him a conference championship and possible tourney run. Was he so lazy that he couldn't take five minutes to pick up the phone and say yes. How hard could it be to fill a roster at Kansas? Great culture, winning program, open spots, large NIL base ... and he ended up with 9 players? Lazy AF.
lol sure. He had 10 to be accurate and McCullers(leading scorer) missed tourney. But hey if you want to compare Self as a coach to Woodson let’s do it. List Woody’s accomplishments and I will list Selfs. Deal?

Maybe all they could afford after Dickinson's deal. I'd love to know how their NIL pool compares with what Adidas used to pay their players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT