ADVERTISEMENT

VP pick coming today.

This is why I've been saying that Republicans should not be hoping for a Trump win. It would end up as a net loss moving forward. The time is now to rid the party of Donald Trump and spend the next 4 years trying to rebuild a reasonable image. If Trump is still the face in 2028 it will simply bury the party even longer.

I also think Democrats would be better without Biden/Harris for the next 4 years. This election's losers can get the head start on moving forward. The "winners" get to carry the weight of an unpopular leader into the next election.
How is the Republican Party buried? The most probable outcome (betting markets) is Republicans take House, Senate, and Presidency in the fall.

Would the GOP convention accept RFK Jr., generally viewed as a liberal except for the kooky anti-vaxx stuff?

My guess is the cult goes along with the cult leader in whatever he wants. There's not many Republicans in Milwaukee, just Trumplicans.

How is the Republican Party buried? The most probable outcome (betting markets) is Republicans take House, Senate, and Presidency in the fall.
Demographics.

Each succeeding generation of voters buys less and less of the social issue stances of the GOP, wrt women, blacks, gays, LGBTQ, environment, climate change, etc. edit: But will the younger people ever start voting in big numbers? usually that happens in your 30s.

Last edited:
Would the GOP convention accept RFK Jr., generally viewed as a liberal except for the kooky anti-vaxx stuff?

My guess is the cult goes along with the cult leader in whatever he wants. There's not many Republicans in Milwaukee, just Trumplicans.
Kooky anti vax stuff was very liberal until like 3 years ago.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Demographics.

Each succeeding generation of voters buys less and less of the social issue stances of the GOP, wrt women, blacks, gays, LGBTQ, environment, climate change, etc.
Nonsense. Liberals are losing men. Even young men. Hispanics are becoming more conservative and will only continue to be more conservative as they become wealthier. Not to mention 50 years of fiscal irresponsibility is catching up to US and people are feeling the consequences of it now. School choice has passed in numerous states, which is another net negative for Liberals. And Bitcoin will force Governments to reign in spending. The world is decentralizing.

Nonsense. Liberals are losing men. Even young men. Hispanics are becoming more conservative and will only continue to be more conservative as they become wealthier. Not to mention 50 years of fiscal irresponsibility is catching up to US and people are feeling the consequences of it now. School choice has passed in numerous states, which is another net negative for Liberals. And Bitcoin will force Governments to reign in spending. The world is decentralizing.
If the GOP were to get sensible on social issues and the environment, I would likely return to it. Fiscally, I'm there. No on religion in schools though.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Demographics.

Each succeeding generation of voters buys less and less of the social issue stances of the GOP, wrt women, blacks, gays, LGBTQ, environment, climate change, etc. edit: But will the younger people ever start voting in big numbers? usually that happens in your 30s.

Polls show former President Donald Trump is ascendant with the youngest bloc of the electorate, even leading President Joe Biden in some surveys, as less-engaged young voters spurn Biden. Meanwhile, Biden is stronger with seniors than he was four years ago, even as his personal image is significantly diminished since he was elected last time.

If the GOP were to get sensible on social issues and the environment, I would likely return to it. Fiscally, I'm there. No on religion in schools though.
Sensible on social issues? From the woke cult? Leave campus. Dems are insane on social shit. Dems need to get sensible and abandon the tranny everything is racist nonsense

This is dishonest crap.

Trump is quite literally running on a “leave it to the states” platform for abortion. He is the first president to take office supporting gay marriage.

You are completely full of shit.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Even if they agree with him on many issues, especially social and environmental issues, a 20-something person doesn't generally want an 80-something person to be president. Another reason to move on from Joe, excite that sleepy block of potential but (for now) very unlikely voters. Plus many 20-somethings see the drill-baby-drill / set new world records for fossil fuel production Biden administration as same ole/ same ole. As my daughter says "Trump lite".

I’ll add liberals are in much worse shape when it comes to Demographics. They’re a hodgepodge of groups who are decreasing or small minorities. It’s white single women and white college educated males. Both decreasing. lGBQT+ is a small group, as are blacks who are staying about the same, but will most likely start to decrease as Hispanics become a larger percentage of the population.

Also, as blacks become less of a focus to liberals, they’re less likely to vote for them. Democrats have hidden behind “but Trump” the past decade and lost the middle/working classes. They need a major shift or they’ll struggle when Trump is gone. And they’re not exactly setting the world on fire going up against Trump. How bad can a party be if they lose to Trump 2 out of 3 elections? Pretty f#cking bad is the answer.

Last edited:
Which is why it was a given. The Trump Administration V2 will be filled with the worst possible people putting the worst face on the party.
From an intellect and speaking ability standpoint he is the best pick. But he does not broaden Trumps appeal what so ever. If VP’s actually do that anyway….

The debate against Kamala should be fun. That dumb bitch will get her clock cleaned.

Not sure anyone is worse than the idiots currently running policy.

Yeah, that's a terrible idea -- but it's not all that surprising. Rent/price controls have always been terrible ideas. But there's a reason they still keep popping their heads up.

Hopefully it's just election year red meat. That's my guess.

Yeah, that's a terrible idea -- but it's not all that surprising. Rent/price controls have always been terrible ideas. But there's a reason they still keep popping their heads up.

Remember 2020. I doubt it

All trump wants is blind loyalty and someone not very intelligent so as not to show him up
JD VANCE

Life of turmoil, abuse and poverty.
Saved by Mamaw.

Enlisted USMC.

Summa cum Laude, The Ohio State University, double majors , in two years.

Yale Law, Yale Law Review.

Worked for PeterThiel..

..for sure blindly loyal and of low intelligence...

I feel the same way about this asinine policy as I do about Trump’s policy on tariffs. No sober economists would support either one.

Kooky anti vax stuff was very liberal until like 3 years ago.
Different reasons, though. Years ago, some liberals were anti-vax due to misinformation about vaccines causing autism (thanks, Jenny McCarthy). Whereas, conservatives took a libertarian stance and became anti-vax mainly because government was requiring it (don’t tell me what to do!). Of course, those lines blurred once social media started spreading misinformation about the Covid vaccine.

Different reasons, though. Years ago, some liberals were anti-vax due to misinformation about vaccines causing autism (thanks, Jenny McCarthy). Whereas, conservatives took a libertarian stance and became anti-vax mainly because government was requiring it (don’t tell me what to do!). Of course, those lines blurred once social media started spreading misinformation about the Covid vaccine.
Home schooling is another phenomenon that's moved from primarily wealthy white liberals to middle class conservatives.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Home schooling is another phenomenon that's moved from primarily wealthy white liberals to middle class conservatives.
Home schooling, as far as I remember growing up, was limited to ultra-religious kooks and ultra-left "lets live in a commune!" types, with not much in the middle and none of it much economics-driven

Reactions: UncleMark
JD VANCE

Life of turmoil, abuse and poverty.
Saved by Mamaw.

Enlisted USMC.

Summa cum Laude, The Ohio State University, double majors , in two years.

Yale Law, Yale Law Review.

Worked for PeterThiel..

..for sure blindly loyal and of low intelligence...
Blind loyalty to the nutcase and dumb as shit becuse this is where his career goes to die.

You have data for that? In my experience, homeschooling prior to COVID was done for primarily religious reasons.

This is true. I hear more about parents going the home school route instead of private school if they are moving from a public school. The demographic is correct also. Home school is a lot different now, there are a lot of resources and social activities with other home schoolers.

You have data for that? In my experience, homeschooling prior to COVID was done for primarily religious reasons.

Naw, I'm just shooting from the hip based on my personal observations. Even at that, those doing it for religious reasons still are the wealthier demo. That's why we're now seeing a big push for state payments/vouchers for home schoolers. Looks like @El Drado has seen the same thing.

Reactions: BradStevens
Naw, I'm just shooting from the hip based on my personal observations. Even at that, those doing it for religious reasons still are the wealthier demo. That's why we're now seeing a big push for state payments/vouchers for home schoolers. Looks like @El Drado has seen the same thing.
I'm just going off people I've known who do it. None are wealthy. If they were, they could afford to send them to a parochial school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT