ADVERTISEMENT

Vol fan here

Sep 26, 2009
Since we are all getting to know each other here we should all share our favorite memories of kicking Kentucky's ass. Football or basketball. One of my personal favorites was last year in basketball. They took the first game in Rupp and were pretty cocky until we beat them in TBA and then in the SEC tourney. Then were pretty upset that little ole Tennessee took two out of three. What about you guys?

Since we are all getting to know each other here we should all share our favorite memories of kicking Kentucky's ass. Football or basketball. One of my personal favorites was last year in basketball. They took the first game in Rupp and were pretty cocky until we beat them in TBA and then in the SEC tourney. Then were pretty upset that little ole Tennessee took two out of three. What about you guys?
Fall, 1974 of the 74/75 basketball season, at IU's Assembly Hall, watching Kent Benson pop Mike Phillips in the mouth with a forearm for no reason while headed down to IU's offensive end. IU won going away, 98-74 . . . UK won later that season in the NCAA Regional Final by a couple of points, with Scott May injured and ineffective with a broken arm.

Reactions: Univee2
Fall, 1974 of the 74/75 basketball season, at IU's Assembly Hall, watching Kent Benson pop Mike Phillips in the mouth with a forearm for no reason while headed down to IU's offensive end. IU won going away, 98-74 . . . UK won later that season in the NCAA Regional Final by a couple of points, with Scott May injured and ineffective with a broken arm.

And how about Knight "cuffing" Joe B. Hall?

Reactions: All4You

And how IU beating UK in Louisville in Knight's first year (71) 90-89 in double OT with Steve Downing scoring 47 and grabbing 25 rebounds?

And how about Knight saying something to to effect that C.M. Newton was more a Director of Corrections rather than an Athletic Director?

Reactions: All4You and 76-1
I really enjoyed 2005 Indiana vs Kentucky in Indy. Rondo and Joe Crawford on that UK team.

Indiana just totally lit them up. That was a great one.

We literally permanently own the Bourbon Barrel. That’s pretty awesome.

It is on display I believe in the North Endzone display case.....along with Casual GamerReed’s soiled underware from the day of the Watford shot. Two items of memorabilia.

One of my favorites was 1993 at the RCA Dome. Damon scored 29 and led IU to a victory against the #1 ranked mildcats. I think that was the game that landed him on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct. My asshole boss at the time was a UK fan. I displayed the SI cover above my desk. He tore it down.

My favorite memory (of the KY football series) was, I believe, the last time we played them...

Bill Mallory gave an honored guest "go get em speech" to the team that was taped and put up on the big board just prior to kickoff...

We lit them up from start to finish...:);):)

Even the halftime show was great (and funny, with a lot of shots towards KY)...:)

Reactions: ESalum86
AS of right now Cats are (hoops)

defending%20big%2012%20champs_zpsrnmqmswn.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT