ADVERTISEMENT

Vidiot Magazine

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Vidiot was a magazine in the 80s that tried to take advantage of the rise in Arcade/Video Game culture. Creem magazine owned it and they'd pull in musical acts and artists who were popular to give it credibility. Crazy to read some of the articles now.

If you want to kill some time, here are most of the issues that made it out into the wild in '83.

cyX1SS4.png

XP5AxvK.png

GC3AmG0.png

TwgVB7y.png

uf0zYfz.png

H5EuWey.png

K4R0mUL.png

The celebrities started out as "Vidiots" and later became "Vid Kids". I imagine that some of them had no clue what it was about and just thought they were doing a shoot for Creem at the time.

Never got the video game/arcade gene. I hated when my friends wanted to go to the video arcade and hang out. I do however love the chick in the "Arcade Macho: pick up or shut up article!!". Even in the 80s, I hope I'd have the good sense to make fun of her. "I got dressed to go to aerobics, but darn it, the video arcade is just so fun and the guys are so hot..." I guess they were just predicting the later success of yoga pants, but it's just not quite the same is it?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Spaceport came to mind, but I don't remember seeing any females going in or coming out. I never went in though, so maybe it was loaded with hot chicks.

nTmYLEU.jpg

Teter had a few games in the center lounge and a few guys would play hockey or asteroids after dinner, but I could never really get into it. We've got an arcade machine with 50-60 games on it at the office in the lounge, but the foosball table gets (got) way more action than anything else in there.

Reactions: kkott
Spaceport came to mind, but I don't remember seeing any females going in or coming out. I never went in though, so maybe it was loaded with hot chicks.

nTmYLEU.jpg

Teter had a few games in the center lounge and a few guys would play hockey or asteroids after dinner, but I could never really get into it. We've got an arcade machine with 50-60 games on it at the office in the lounge, but the foosball table gets (got) way more action than anything else in there.
now, I did always like foosball and ping pong.

now, I did always like foosball and ping pong.
Well yeah, those are games that require at least 2 people to play and somebody wins while the other person is a fargin' loser who just got dominated.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT