ADVERTISEMENT

Rock concert question

Not the music aficionado some are here, but I saw a band I really enjoyed Saturday at Neighborhood Theater in Charlotte: Town Mountain. From just up the road in Asheville. I guess they are a country/bluegrass band, or at least those are the instruments they have: steel guitar, fiddle and mandolin, but they weren't too twangy and had a lot of honky tonk mixed in. Good covers of Springsteens I'm on Fire, Dire Straits So Far Away and Levon Helm's Dance Me Down Easy. Good musicians who really got into putting on a good performance. It was great to see. Shows coming up in Asheville, Knoxville, Athens, Charleston and Greenville. I may try and see them at one of these. I'm sure the show in Asheville will be terrific!
Happened to notice they are coming to Indy on 4/4... Dukes? Never heard of it. But, if you like country/honky-tonk go see them.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Happened to notice they are coming to Indy on 4/4... Dukes? Never heard of it. But, if you like country/honky-tonk go see them.
Drove down to Gville Saturday night and watched Town Mountain again, and they were great again. If you like bluegrassy/honky tonk music, go see them. They sound way more country listening to their catalog on Spotify, but really modify their setlist live to livelier stuff. Keeps everyone dancing and swaying and these guys are on top of their game.

We got to the show early and camped out in front of the stage and was much better being up close to see them play.

Reactions: DANC
Tough one.

This has to be one of the tops, given their current status. Trees holds ~550 people. Total sweatshop that night. Chick I was with stripped down to her bra it was so hot in the balcony...so that worked out well.

Watched Rev Horton Heat, Old 97's, Tripping Daisy, Toadies, Hagfish, Dah-Veed, Jack Ingram, Jackopierce, etc at numerous clubs with under 100 people in Dallas growing up.

Tyler Childers at the Bluebird in 2019 was a rarity. He was already booking much bigger venues. Place was packed.

Whiskey Meyers at the Bird. Caamp at the Bird. Old Crow, Trampled by Turtles, Alvvays and Metric at the Bird.

Hum at The Galaxy Club in Dallas right before "Stars" became a hit.

Better than Ezra at Trees in 94 about 4 mos before they were on Letterman.

Avett Brothers at the Granada Theater (Dallas) circa 2008.

Deathcab at some little place called "The Door" in Deep Ellum Dallas in 2003 or so.

There were about 10 people total at the Yola show at the Bird 2019 or so.

St Paul and the Broker Bones played on this little campground stage at Camp Ben McCollough at the Old Settler's Festival back in 2012 or so when they were just taking off.

Saw Lizzo as a backup singer for Har Mar Superstar when they came through Dallas and played the back patio at Club Dada in 2013 or so.

my friend is their merch manager. they came to our small little college town and played at the bar and then came back to our house after

have loved them eversince
We hung with them in the rain at the first Pilgrimage Festival in 2015 watching Weezer from up in the front in the VIP pit. See them at random festivals all the time. Their Bluebird show in 2019 or so was legit.

Reactions: PhishPhan682
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT