ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt is 6-11

IUgradman

All-American
Mar 31, 2009
If Romeo ends up there something stinks more than dog s**t on a hot summer day.

Drew is not a good enough coach to win big with three highly ranked freshmen. Hell, even Calipari and Coach K have had mixed results with one and dones.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Drew is not a good enough coach to win big with three highly ranked freshmen. Hell, even Calipari and Coach K have had mixed results with one and dones.
Doesn’t he have 2 5 star recruits already on their way? The one is really trying to get Romeo to join him.
I don’t know how he’s doing it but they won’t be 6-11 next season, especially if Romeo joins them.

The more I think about it, I think it's Kansas for Romeo if LaGerald Vick decides to declare.

He's made it clear he wants to win, and Kansas is the only place that can guarantee him that. Wiggins and Jackson show Self's ability to feature his stud, freshman, wings. Especially if they can shoot it.

Reactions: cryano
Yeah, I smell a rat down in Opryland. How does a coach from a jive school like Valpo, goes to a school with no basketball history and after the second start landing these top recruits? Somethin’ ain’t right.
Especially, when he is out recruiting good ol IU.

The more I think about it, I think it's Kansas for Romeo if LaGerald Vick decides to declare.

He's made it clear he wants to win, and Kansas is the only place that can guarantee him that. Wiggins and Jackson show Self's ability to feature his stud, freshman, wings. Especially if they can shoot it.

very true, but KU is UK lite. hopefully romeo doesn't want to feel dirty the whole time he's on campus. lol

Reactions: Stellara1

They will be better next year with three 5 star recruits on the team. This season won't keep Romeo from going to Vandy.

Reactions: skfboiler
So at Vandy you will have a PG and a Big both trying to be 1 and done scoring shows. How much ball-share do you expect if you are coming in as a hopeful 1 and done SG?

Go win big at Kansas...cant fault that.
Go play for your state and be the 1st option scorer...can’t fault that.
Go to Vandy...why the hell would you?

When NBA career is said and done, go pay your own way at Vandy if want the Vandy education. NBA has limited life. Vandy will be there for centuries.

Reactions: IUgradman
Lived in Valpo my entire life, A crusader fan 2nd. I even went to a basketball camp when I was a kid there when I thought I could play in the NBA. Watched the sweet 16 team he was on, seems like no big deal to many, but thats like winning a NC for a team like Valpo. They even put a road sign up for itm I think they were a 13 sede. Bryce knows basketball, probably could have made a better pro career if he had more athleticm. There is a lot to like about him as a coach, and I can see why young kids might want to play for this up and comimg coach.

Lived in Valpo my entire life, A crusader fan 2nd. I even went to a basketball camp when I was a kid there when I thought I could play in the NBA. Watched the sweet 16 team he was on, seems like no big deal to many, but thats like winning a NC for a team like Valpo. They even put a road sign up for itm I think they were a 13 sede. Bryce knows basketball, probably could have made a better pro career if he had more athleticm. There is a lot to like about him as a coach, and I can see why young kids might want to play for this up and comimg coach.

He wont be a Vandy long.

The big fish will be calling soon enough.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Louisville gave him a call at the end of the year.

“Up and coming” coaches don’t have a 6-12 record.

Reactions: cmsnow84 and cryano
I think if I was a top recruit, one and done, I would go to Hawaii and play. Who wouldnt want to live there during the winter months. You would be treated like a king if you won anything there and I hear the cheerleaders have great outfits there.
That would be a brilliant strategy for a basketball coach at Hawaii (would probably work at Pepperdine as well). Recruit a team full of OADs with the promise that they could take easy general classes the first semester, enroll in 12 hrs the second semester and do minimal work until the end of the season, then drop everything and spend the remaining time preparing for the NBA draft and lying on the beach.

You could build a powerhouse and create enormous media interest in your program, use it as a recruiting tool for non-athlete students (Come hang out with future NBA all-stars !), maintain that perfect APR as long as all your guys were leaving for "the League". Best part, those kids would never have to set foot in Kentucky.

That would be a brilliant strategy for a basketball coach at Hawaii (would probably work at Pepperdine as well). Recruit a team full of OADs with the promise that they could take easy general classes the first semester, enroll in 12 hrs the second semester and do minimal work until the end of the season, then drop everything and spend the remaining time preparing for the NBA draft and lying on the beach.

You could build a powerhouse and create enormous media interest in your program, use it as a recruiting tool for non-athlete students (Come hang out with future NBA all-stars !), maintain that perfect APR as long as all your guys were leaving for "the League". Best part, those kids would never have to set foot in Kentucky.
Only thing with this theory is that these players are competitors and want to play against the best players and teams. Playing at those schools you would be in a weak conference against less talented players.

Only thing with this theory is that these players are competitors and want to play against the best players and teams. Playing at those schools you would be in a weak conference against less talented players.

Does that matter if you are a 1 and done talent? Porter may still be a top 5 pick after back surgery and it's almost guaranteed so if he shines in NBA draft camps.

Is Pepperdine in the same league as Gonzaga? Collins went 10th last year primarily based on his tourney performance.

The problem with playing at Hawaii is you are flying halfway across the Pacific for every road game.

Especially, when he is out recruiting good ol IU.
Huh?

They have 3 recruits, 2 fives and a two. We have 5 recruits, all four stars.

"Out recruiting" is a hyperbolic reach...

especially consider they're not getting Langford.

Huh?

They have 3 recruits, 2 fives and a two. We have 5 recruits, all four stars.

"Out recruiting" is a hyperbolic reach...

especially consider they're not getting Langford.
You’re living outside reality.

They have 3 commits - 2 five stars and a four star.

We have 4 commits - all 4 stars. If you count Race he was a 3 Star.

Per rankings they’re #6 and we’re #16.

So yes, they’re absolutely out recruiting us...for now. Doesn’t mean that can’t change.

So yes, they’re absolutely out recruiting us...for now. Doesn’t mean that can’t change.

Race was a composite 4 star recruit

Race was actually top 80

Race was a composite 4 star recruit
That’s fine. He was a 3 Star on Rivals. Either way, it wouldn’t change the fact that Vandy and Drew are easily out recruiting Archie and Co so far. Again, hopefully that changes. I fully believe it will.

In the meantime, you can continue your insufferable agenda...
I just don’t understand why it’s hard for people to admit that Vandy has a better class than us. It’s just unimaginable.

If you asked 100 objective non fans that question, 100 out of 100 would say Vandy. It’s not even remotely close. It doesn’t say anything about you as a fan to admit the obvious. Why is it so hard for some on this board to do it?

And again, I said twice already I fully expect that to change in the future.

I just don’t understand why it’s hard for people to admit that Vandy has a better class than us. It’s just unimaginable.

If you asked 100 objective non fans that question, 100 out of 100 would say Vandy. It’s not even remotely close. It doesn’t say anything about you as a fan to admit the obvious. Why is it so hard for some on this board to do it?

Yes. Vandy has a better star rated class. It’s yet to be seen which one will make a bigger impact. No one knows how Garland and Shittu will play together, just as no one knows how everyone coming to IU will work together.

Rutgers has a nice up and coming coach too. Why isn't Romeo looking to go there too?

Seriously, if you really think that Drew at Vandy is the draw for these five stars than bless your heart.

Garland makes a little sense....Shittu and Romeo make zero sense. Shittu supposedly is all covered in doubt as a recruit.

I get everyone is defensive of Romeo and think he is Crystal pure snow...but there have been whispers. Probably bogus whispers but whispers.

I have no horse in this race but I think he's going to Vandy. I think there is a deal in place. He's just being smart knowing that his senior year would be a pain (and probably not as jam packed at his games) if he announced now.

Hope my gut is wrong but that's what I believe.

Then I'll laugh as they maybe barely make the tourney and are never heard from again...at least on this board.

So yes, they’re absolutely out recruiting us.
More hyperbole ..

Using a unfinished recruiting cycle as your measure is, well, using an unfinished recruiting cycle for your measure. We still have two spots, they currently have zero. They don't have room for Romeo currently. We have room for him and one more. Do they have a better class today, sure, it's slightly better. But this recruiting cycle isn't over with and again, they have 13 recruits already.

Being unbiased, doesn't mean you have to be dumb about it ..

Yes. Vandy has a better star rated class. It’s yet to be seen which one will make a bigger impact. No one knows how Garland and Shittu will play together, just as no one knows how everyone coming to IU will work together.
Fair enough. Completely agree.

More hyperbole ..

Using a unfinished recruiting cycle as your measure is, well, using an unfinished recruiting cycle for your measure. We still have two spots, they currently have zero. They don't have room for Romeo currently. We have room for him and one more. Do they have a better class today, sure, it's slightly better. But this recruiting cycle isn't over with and again, they have 13 recruits already.

That’s all I’ve been saying. It’s better on paper right now. That can change.

Race was a top 80 player in his class. An easy 4 star player. The 3 star rivals gave is only because he moved up to the class a year ahead of him to redshirt this year for IU. So he is being graded in a class with all players a year older than him. Originally he is in the same class as Romeo and was a top 80 player. With a year under his belt learning the college game you can bet Race has an advantage.

I just don’t understand why it’s important to you for everyone to agree with your opinion & admit what you think to be true. Actually I do, it necessary for your agenda.

More hyperbole ..

Drew will create a spot if Romeo wants to come. I would expect them to lose someone off a team that is struggling.

I could see CAM holding a scholarship back for 2019. We would have a spot for either a graduate transfer or a quality transfer player if available. I would rather have the extra scholarship to use for 2019 targets.

I think the big question is what if Romeo wants his #1 jersey but Al Durham already has it!!???

Do we force Al to give it up if it means we could get Romeo?

Does anyone on Vandy wear #1??!!

Yes if Romeo wants to commit to IU but wants his #1 we absolutely give it to him. No questions asked. I know people will disagree, but if that’s a major factor to him then we better play along. Just my opinion. It’s Romeo Langford people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT