ADVERTISEMENT

USA today has an article, 5 most overpaid coaches.

This makes me sick. Scott Dolson, did you read this?

“Woodson will be back for another year at Indiana, perhaps to the delight of the rest of the Big Ten. Woodson is making $4.2 million in total compensation this season, third among Big Ten coaches, while overseeing a team that has taken a very noticeable step back following back-to-back tournament bids.”

guess who's #1, what leverage did Woodson have to demand 4.2 million a year.
Wow someone made a list based on thier opinion without any data or reasoning to back it up.

Plus any list of this type that doesn't include Andy Enfield of USC is pure hogwash

His recruiting looks like it’s a good as ever. Maybe just getting old. Why is he struggling vs his first several years?
My personal opinion; he got lazy post championship, and our recruiting took a hit when K and Duke also started recruiting one-and-done (up until K retired.)

Last edited:
He might have figured some things out this year. Gonna be interesting to see how they play in the NCAAs...I have a sinking feeling they're going to do very well.
Yea. They’re always a threat and it’s not Cal forgot how to do it.

Duke isn’t really a hardcore basketball school, they caught a great coach (with good bag men). I’m hoping they slide to more #10-20 ranked over time as K’s impact slowly goes away.
With the ACC seemingly about to implode I wonder what that will mean for Duke? UNC will be fine, they’re wanted by both of the P2 conferences

Duke isn’t really a hardcore basketball school, they caught a great coach (with good bag men). I’m hoping they slide to more #10-20 ranked over time as K’s impact slowly goes away.
Next year will certainly challenge the recent trend that you can't win with a bunch of highly ranked freshman. Kentucky could challenge that this year too again.

But Duke next year...yikes.

I’d love to see an all-in $$’s per win total per program including recruiting budget, all coaches salaries, NIL $$’s, etc. We’ve gotta be at the top, or should I say bottom.☹️
No we are majorly behind Duke, Kansas, NC etc. I do believe this has been addressed recently with a big $ commitment from two particular families

No we are majorly behind Duke, Kansas, NC etc. I do believe this has been addressed recently with a big $ commitment from two particular families
Source? I’m not sure we are that far behind. NIL info is hard to find.

He might have figured some things out this year. Gonna be interesting to see how they play in the NCAAs...I have a sinking feeling they're going to do very well.
He has 5-6 first round picks. That’s one of the differences. He needs that type of talent to win anything… and I can see them making it to the final four and more.

He has 5-6 first round picks. That’s one of the differences. He needs that type of talent to win anything… and I can see them making it to the final four and more.
He often has that level of talent. Reeves, Shepherd, Dillingham, etc... give him reliable shooting and playmaking that he hasn't had in a while. But a lot of them are true freshmen, it'll be interesting how far they can carry them in the tournament. If they weren't so reliant on freshmen, I'd have them as one of my favorites to win it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT