ADVERTISEMENT

Two things about Kopp that I hate and some observations

Kopp is a decent avge D-1 player.
I'd say our whole roster is that..
I'm looking forward to the day we have a couple guy's that can get their own..Anytime they want..And consistantly make buckets when they do..You know a couple Durant types.🏀

Oh sure, you need some

That'd be e a bad idea, he'd run the show next year
Lol you have to be trolling. JHS is the starting PG day 1. Lander would have to hope for a backup role, and that wouldn’t happen if Xavier decides to come back.

1.) Anything but a set 3 from him looks like a running lunge from somebody in Boy's Club trying to hit a half court shot ... seen it more than once and it's a pattern/problem. Looks like throwing it up after you got fouled, but there's nobody within 10 feet.
2.) That stupid Kyle Guy like shit sticking his tongue out when he does actually hit a wide open three. Dumbass, you are supposed to make those, stop acting like you're MJ or something stupid like that

Is it just me, or does this whole hitch shot stuff that we see everywhere seem to be being replaced with some bizarre follow through form, like they're getting ready to do a Karate Kid crane kick after they release it, like they're going to mentally bend it in once it's out of your hands ... get your damn hands down, stop wishing, and go get the rebound if you think you missed and you got some idea how you missed.. Again, saw ND players do it too! Who is teaching them that. Race needs to not swing the ball around looking to pass like he's, again, trying to be MJ. One more, why does it appear that while X is fast in the open court, he then looks like a pegleg or hobbling around when it gets to half court offense. I have played against people that move weird like that/unnatural movements, and it is hard to defend/predict, so maybe not a bad thing, just weird looking
Really a poor Post.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
1.) Anything but a set 3 from him looks like a running lunge from somebody in Boy's Club trying to hit a half court shot ... seen it more than once and it's a pattern/problem. Looks like throwing it up after you got fouled, but there's nobody within 10 feet.
2.) That stupid Kyle Guy like shit sticking his tongue out when he does actually hit a wide open three. Dumbass, you are supposed to make those, stop acting like you're MJ or something stupid like that

Is it just me, or does this whole hitch shot stuff that we see everywhere seem to be being replaced with some bizarre follow through form, like they're getting ready to do a Karate Kid crane kick after they release it, like they're going to mentally bend it in once it's out of your hands ... get your damn hands down, stop wishing, and go get the rebound if you think you missed and you got some idea how you missed.. Again, saw ND players do it too! Who is teaching them that. Race needs to not swing the ball around looking to pass like he's, again, trying to be MJ. One more, why does it appear that while X is fast in the open court, he then looks like a pegleg or hobbling around when it gets to half court offense. I have played against people that move weird like that/unnatural movements, and it is hard to defend/predict, so maybe not a bad thing, just weird looking
Was that 2 things that you hate? Or was it three things? Or was it 2 things with a bonus thing that you hate?
I am just funning you!

I just quit sniffing glue man, caffeine detox is too much for this week!
I was going to suggest one never really knows all that goes into those holiday cans of Chex-Mix we receive until seeing your answer. Mother knows you are a junkie when she finds empty model airplane tubes of glue in your bedroom with no model airplanes to show for it.

Kopp is an average talented college basketball player at his position. That said, I'm glad we have him because sometimes average ball players win games for you instead of Northwestern.

Was that 2 things that you hate? Or was it three things? Or was it 2 things with a bonus thing that you hate?
I am just funning you!
Everyone enjoys a bonus, especially at this time of year when it can really be put to good use.

I was going to suggest one never really knows all that goes into those holiday cans of Chex-Mix we receive until seeing your answer. Mother knows you are a junkie when she finds empty model airplane tubes of glue in your bedroom with no model airplanes to show for it.

Kopp is an average talented college basketball player at his position. That said, I'm glad we have him because sometimes average ball players win games for you instead of Northwestern.
Just don't eat any BacOs, probably most assume they are just gross and bad for you, but not many know that they are like 1 molecule different from panty hose chemically

Just don't eat any BacOs, probably most assume they are just gross and bad for you, but not many know that they are like 1 molecule different from panty hose chemically
I didn't know what the hell a BacO was and consider myself lucky after your scathing description. "Siri" kept trying to describe a backhoe, when I already knew what that was. The good news is that Betty Crocker bacon bits are vegan for the "healthy" ones-there is no bacon in bacon bits, which makes it just this, bits for shitz.

Truly think this roster has 2 maybe 3 potential NBA rotation players, one being the obvious in TJD, Lander, and potentially Parker Stewart. The rest are just nice college players.

Truly think this roster has 2 maybe 3 potential NBA rotation players, one being the obvious in TJD, Lander, and potentially Parker Stewart. The rest are just nice college players.
I think you're being overly generous is perspective. I see only one and he'll be biding most of his time on the pine, but getting rich nonetheless, compared to the 8-5 guys in the grind.

I think you're being overly generous is perspective. I see only one and he'll be biding most of his time on the pine, but getting rich nonetheless, compared to the 8-5 guys in the grind.
More than generous. The only reason why Lander and the NBA are mentioned in the same sentence is become some clown like Brian Snow all told us he was (supposedly) one of the top 25 "best" players in his class. He's the third best PG on a team that doesn't have a great PG to begin with. Hate to knock him anymore than people already have, but he may not even have the potential to start at a P5 program, let alone play in the NBA.

I didn't know what the hell a BacO was and consider myself lucky after your scathing description. "Siri" kept trying to describe a backhoe, when I already knew what that was. The good news is that Betty Crocker bacon bits are vegan for the "healthy" ones-there is no bacon in bacon bits, which makes it just this, bits for shitz.
They're fake bacon bits, I didn't mean anything by it other than don't eat those since you were talking about other things you shouldn't eat, no secret message implied

More than generous. The only reason why Lander and the NBA are mentioned in the same sentence is become some clown like Brian Snow all told us he was (supposedly) one of the top 25 "best" players in his class. He's the third best PG on a team that doesn't have a great PG to begin with. Hate to knock him anymore than people already have, but he may not even have the potential to start at a P5 program, let alone play in the NBA.
Disagree, I think he does have NBA level vision, needs to work on his D. He's sort of Jason Kidd light because his D is not there, but is an NBA level player and the only one we got. He should be playing. I think his potential is about D'Angelo Russell, so should be playing now!

Last edited:
Disagree, I think he does have NBA level vision, needs to work on his D. He's sort of Jason Kidd light because his D is not there, but is an NBA level player and the only one we got. He should be playing. I think his potential is about D'Angelo Russell, so should be playing now!
NBA level-vision lol. On what grounds? Even if he has "NBA level-vision", whatever that means, nothing about the rest of his game remotely translates to the NBA. Sue Bird has NBA level-vision and will effectively play the same amount of minutes in the NBA as Lander.

NBA level-vision lol. On what grounds? Even if he has "NBA level-vision", whatever that means, nothing about the rest of his game remotely translates to the NBA. Sue Bird has NBA level-vision and will effectively play the same amount of minutes in the NBA as Lander.
He has the handle, speed, and passing vision to be in the NBA, never said star, but maybe like an Eric Snow

I don’t remember Robbie Eggers shooting threes? Or really scoring at all. Or doing anything. He did have a uniform. I do remember that.

Maybe you don’t see what you think you see?
Robbie played the next season after graduation for Athleted in Action. He lit IU and RMK up for 28 in the game. He was pretty good from range. RMK did not like his D.

If true, that was certainly the quintessential "swing and a miss". Did Archie get caught up in the hype machine? Was IU just so desperately in need of another 5-star recruit after Romeo's disappointing performances, albeit injury induced in giving him benefit of the doubt? Those were some frustrating years that Romeo played for us. Maybe Lander will get there yet to give us some valuable minutes... if he doesn't transfer first. Maybe he's just too slight of build to play with the beef in the Big Ten.
They're fake bacon bits, I didn't mean anything by it other than don't eat those since you were talking about other things you shouldn't eat, no secret message implied
I got it, the not eating part. I was mispronouncing it "Back"0 instead of "Bake"0. I should have known as soon as I discovered it was BACon Bits. All is well with my soul and yours.

Ryan Miller said Lander was ready to play now when he committed.

I don’t remember Robbie Eggers shooting threes? Or really scoring at all. Or doing anything. He did have a uniform. I do remember that.

Maybe you don’t see what you think you see?
You could be right, if Robbie Eggers would have regularly shot 3's, I'd have tried to mentally purge it in my sleep, much like Kopp's running pullups

Wow - I disagree. My take on Kopp is that he's under utilized. I don't like how he's often standing off to the side of the court on offense, waiting for a pass that rarely comes. I'd like to see more creativity in getting him the ball so he can shoot. He's got a nice looking shot, and when he's on, he can be dangerous. He crashes the boards fairly well, and is not afraid to mix it up in the paint on either offense or defense. He plays decent D for a guy that might be a tad bit slower than most on the floor. And, when I attended the games in the Bahama's this year, no one was more vocal on the court, directing players, calling our screens, etc. than him. I'm hoping he becomes much more involved in the offense, along with Parker, as we head into B10 play.
Kopp should never dribble. Ever. He’s being over utilized now, because they are letting him try to create some off the dribble and come off ball screens, which is ridiculous. He doesn’t have that skillset. He should be a shoot it when he’s open guy. Nothing more.

He might not even be on the team next year unless he chooses to use his Covid year. He has been really good for us and an upgrade over last year.

Is he a starter on a Big Ten championshi caliber team? No. However if your when expectations for this team were Big Ten championship, then I guess that makes you the dumbass.
“Really good”, is definitely an overstatement. He could be good if he stuck to shooting when he’s open. He should never try to create off the dribble. He can’t do it. He’s been serviceable so far, imo.

Kopp should never dribble. Ever. He’s being over utilized now, because they are letting him try to create some off the dribble and come off ball screens, which is ridiculous. He doesn’t have that skillset. He should be a shoot it when he’s open guy. Nothing more.
Max Biefeldt was good. Fitzner and Kopp are not. Fitzner was a Trojan horse. Kopp is fair but hardly impressive at anything. Turn over guy, a couple rebounds, ball hog that is inconsistent and leads to opponents scoring on his mistakes. Other than Syracuse game - not much to show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT