ADVERTISEMENT

Trump/Vance 2024

The person in the pic with Kamala isn't any more strange than many folks at a Trump rally. So the issue is not which camp has weird supporters...

The issue is which two candidates are weird themselve4s and on that front Trump and Vance take the prize hands down. And according to Walz, it wasn't him that gets credit for coining the term. It came from friends of his, including Republicans.

I hope she picks Shapiro, but a a second choice would be Walz. But either of them will absolutely tear Vance (or whatever his name is) a new asshole. Shapiro destroyed Mastriano so badly that a lot of Pubs in PA (some of whom voted for Oz) split their ballots to vote for Shapiro. He's got experience thrashing MAGA moron candidates.

Shapiro and Vance are both first term Senators, but Shapiro has been in public service for 20 yrs, including serving as AG of PA.Vance didn't even know if he liked Trump until he decided to run for Senate in Ohio (with Peter Thiel's money) and realized Ohio pubs were not going to vote for a never Trumper...

I don't know where you went to law school but there were almost certainly people in your graduating class who failed the bar on the first attempt. If you practiced law for any length of time, you certainly knew attorneys who didn't pass the first time. They generally don't advertise that, though.

July '23 bar exam passing rates, first time takers: Indiana: 77%; New York: 76%; California: 65%. Graduates from non-ABA accredited schools pull the numbers down, but the passing rates for graduates of accredited schools is hardly 100%.

You keep saying "city attorney's office." She didn't do that directly out of law school, and my understanding is her stint there was very brief. She worked for a much longer period with DA offices, first in Alameda County and then in San Francisco. She was a prosecutor. So I'm not quite sure what to make of your comment that people with good grades seldom choose that career path. Plenty of people who had outstanding grades in law school become county, state or federal prosecutors. To argue otherwise does not comport with reality.

Finally, I don't understand the "that's not complex litigation" comment. You think the burden of proof in criminal cases, and getting all 12 to buy in, is easy? How many jury trials have you handled as a prosecutor?
See noodle’s and brad’s posts. Didn’t you say you’re in a small town? Maybe you don’t have much experience. Maybe it’s viewed differently in a small town. But your assertion is way off. As for bar. 2 in 30 years. 2 out of 200 at noodle’s firm. That’s less than 1 percent. You don’t know what complex litigation is? Multiple parties, complex subject matter etc. can be complex commercial lit. Mass torts etc. and no prosecuting county cases doesn’t compare to that shit. Lastly unless people are going into politics as noodle noted the students with shitty grades take that path. They didn’t go to school for 7 years and sit for a bar to make the salary of a chipotle mgr. those jobs are what’s left after you don’t get any second year firm

Last edited:
You really don’t know Palin was a governor?
We have seen who republicans vote for and it doesn't necessarily mean someone is intelligent or even worthy of the office.

Look at MTG, does being in the house make her not a dumb redneck? Putting boebert in the house didn't give her any extra brain cells either

Anyone that thinks Vance was a bad pick is a full blown idiot.

Seriously, he's throwing out the nonsense that Trump "took a bullet for the country"?

This is what you call being owned. Shady Vance decided he wanted to throw some shade, and Shapiro just blew it up in his face, like he was brushing off a gnat. And I love how he worked in the terms "phony baloney" and weird...

She’s vp. She’s accomplished a ton in getting to that alone.
Having certain imutible characteristics is not an accomplishment. clyburn gave Biden the qualifications and Biden picked her. political operatives ran the 2020 campaign. She has only been around for a few weeks in the forefront of this campaign and she is obviously heavily managed, scripted and handled. Her sole foray into spontaneity was a disaster. And that was only a minute or so.

She could get no traction in the 2020 campaign for good reasons. She’s got nuthin’.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Having certain imutible characteristics is not an accomplishment. clyburn gave Biden the qualifications and Biden picked her. political operatives ran the 2020 campaign. She has only been around for a few weeks in the forefront of this campaign and she is obviously heavily managed, scripted and handled. Her sole foray into spontaneity was a disaster. And that was only a minute or so.

She could get no traction in the 2020 campaign for good reasons. She’s got nuthin’.
Clyburn unreal. The failing black belt

We have seen who republicans vote for and it doesn't necessarily mean someone is intelligent or even worthy of the office.

Look at MTG, does being in the house make her not a dumb redneck? Putting boebert in the house didn't give her any extra brain cells either
You know, your side has clowns too.

You know, your side has clowns too.
And wouldn't that further prove that being elected to an office doesn't really mean someone is intelligent?

Getting elected is more about opportunity and being able to get people to back you. An analogy would be the most popular kid in school wasn't necessarily the smartest kid in school.

Outside of the political world, there isn't much of a comparison to be made between Harris and Palin.

Seriously, he's throwing out the nonsense that Trump "took a bullet for the country"?
You don’t expect campaign speeches to be free of nonsense do you? Trump will end democracy or the Supreme Court made Trump king is pretty serious nonsense too.

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
I hope she picks Shapiro,
How do you think Harris, The Democrats, and the Media will spin Harris’ ’ pledge to end fracking on day 1 and to push Israel to withdraw from Gaza while leaving Hamas alive in the face of Shapiro’s strong contrary views?

You choose that career path if you are interested in going into politics. Or, if your grades are bad.
No one with a choice starts out in a city attorneys office. No one with decent grades and lsat goes to UC San Fran. County prosecutors do an important job, but they aren’t the cream of the crop crim lawyers—those people go to the US Attys offices. And crim lawyers vs civil in terms of legal or discovery complexity is a joke.

That she failed the bar is just the icing on the cake.

She was never some hot shot lawyer. If the Dems and media are now selling people that lie, though, it’s not surprising. She’s a career climber, and clearly very good at it (like the vast majority of politicians).

I’m not sure it even matters in this election, though. Qualifications are way down the list (if they ever matter) and she’s probably just as intelligent as Reagan or GWBush or Truman (maybe LBJ, too?). One can be a successful President without being super bright.

She was never some hot shot lawyer. If the Dems and media are now selling people that lie, though, it’s not surprising. She’s a career climber, and clearly very good at it (like the vast majority of politicians).

I’m not sure it even matters in this election, though. Qualifications are way down the list (if they ever matter) and she’s probably just as intelligent as Reagan or GWBush or Truman (maybe LBJ, too?). One can be a successful President without being super bright.
No one with a choice starts out in a city attorneys office. No one with decent grades and lsat goes to UC San Fran. County prosecutors do an important job, but they aren’t the cream of the crop crim lawyers—those people go to the US Attys offices. And crim lawyers vs civil in terms of legal or discovery complexity is a joke.

This is 100 percent accurate re law career paths. Now I’m not sure I appreciate the slight at Mr Truman. Name a judge who didn’t have a college degree much less law degree who also farmed and was a haberdasher selling and creating bespoke fashion wear

I’ll wait….

Reactions: BradStevens

I’m not sure most US attorneys offices hire new law school grads.

As for law schools, I have two undergrad degrees from Purdue (engineering and chemistry) and scored 48/48 on LSAT. I went to law school at a school definitely ranked lower than where she went. But I also didn’t pay a cent for law school and have done just fine.

As for civil v criminal, I don’t get your point when it comes to a political career.

As for law schools, I have two undergrad degrees from Purdue (engineering and chemistry) and scored 48/48 on LSAT. I went to law school at a school definitely ranked lower than where she went. But I also didn’t pay a cent for law school and have done just fine.

As for civil v criminal, I don’t get your point when it comes to a political career.
@BradStevens she went to the county as an asst prosecutor then city as an asst prosecutor. That’s bottom feeder jobs unless desirous of a political career. Not remotely cream of crop litigators. I have a good buddy who is a us attny. Like noodle opines my buddy was a very successful crim defense lawyer for 20 years first. He just wanted a change.

@BradStevens she went to the county as an asst prosecutor then city as an asst prosecutor. That’s bottom feeder jobs unless desirous of a political career. Not remotely cream of crop litigators. I have a good buddy who is a us attny. Like noodle opines my buddy was a very successful crim defense lawyer for 20 years first. He just wanted a change.
I had a buddy who dreamed of a career in politics. He was so careful even in undergrad not to do anything stupid that could come back to haunt him later in life. He started as asst prosecutor in county, in juvenile court, then moved up the ranks. He eventually ran for office (state house) but lost. Went into private practice (mostly criminal) and was a great attorney. Sadly, a lowlife degenerate hit and killed him while he was out cycling one Sunday morning a few years ago. Not the brightest guy in his law school class but a great attorney.

What I have observed over my life in business is local prosecutors and judges were attorneys going nowhere and wanted the security of a paycheck and no stress of working hard to build a practice.

I had a buddy who dreamed of a career in politics. He was so careful even in undergrad not to do anything stupid that could come back to haunt him later in life. He started as asst prosecutor in county, in juvenile court, then moved up the ranks. He eventually ran for office (state house) but lost. Went into private practice (mostly criminal) and was a great attorney. Sadly, a lowlife degenerate hit and killed him while he was out cycling one Sunday morning a few years ago. Not the brightest guy in his law school class but a great attorney.
I’m still trying to get past your old ass with a 48. That’s some dated shit noodle 🤣🤣. Cycling is so damn dangerous. Sorry to hear that. Ugh.

I’m still trying to get past your old ass with a 48. That’s some dated shit noodle 🤣🤣. Cycling is so damn dangerous. Sorry to hear that. Ugh.
The sad part is he was riding in a residential area that is pretty deserted on the weekends - especially early in the morning. Most people would consider it a very safe road to be riding on, with lots of room. Asshole left him to die on the side of the road.

• Angry

What the hell is a 48 LSAT?

The sad part is he was riding in a residential area that is pretty deserted on the weekends - especially early in the morning. Most people would consider it a very safe road to be riding on, with lots of room. Asshole left him to die on the side of the road.
Jesus that’s awful

What I have observed over my life in business is local prosecutors and judges were attorneys going nowhere and wanted the security of a paycheck and no stress of working hard to build a practice.
If you want to practice criminal law (or go into politics) you start in the prosecutor’s office.

• Sad

I get it, though I have no idea what lsat score that is.

You Gen Z or something?

Not saying civil matters for criminal career. I’m trying to give people a feel for where higher IQ people tend to practice law, what career options and choices are, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodle
No saying civil matters for criminal career. I’m trying to give people a feel for where higher IQ people tend to practice law, what career options and choices are, etc.
Criminal, to the heights of murder, doesn’t compare in complexity and difficulty to complex civil litigation. especially crim and civil at the county/city level where you really have bottom feeders on the state’s side. Harris types. Fed is difft. Much more complex, white collar, far higher caliber of prosecutors and intellect required. THESE ARE FAXXXXXX

@Noodle you know how cali prints those certificates for highest grade did you get anything from the lsat? What were those people called? There was some service that oversaw all that shit. Did they give you a certificate or anything. I’d have liked that to brag about and show people

• Haha
@Noodle you know how cali prints those certificates for highest grade did you get anything from the lsat? What were those people called? There was some service that oversaw all that shit. Did they give you a certificate or anything. I’d have liked that to brag about and show people
Never heard of such thing. I doubt I even have the results sheet they sent me in the mail. Funny thing is I was supposed to take the GMAT the week after I got the LSAT score. I skipped the GMAT.

Oh, and I was very hung over when I took the LSAT. I almost stayed in bed. Maybe being hung over helped?

Never heard of such thing. I doubt I even have the results sheet they sent me in the mail. Funny thing is I was supposed to take the GMAT the week after I got the LSAT score. I skipped the GMAT.

Oh, and I was very hung over when I took the LSAT. I almost stayed in bed. Maybe being hung over helped?
A perfect score is pretty nutty. My office walls are tacky as fck. I have all my ncaa shit up. In game action pics 🤣🤣. All of it. I’d have that perfect lsat score in a $2,000 frame ready to point out

Cortez and I have a close friend who claims he got the highest grade in his state on the bar 🤣🤣🤣. How would we know 🤣🤣🤣
i have no idea what I scored on the bar exam other than passing. No one ever asked what my score was. At least in Ohio I’m pretty sure they don’t give you a rank or percentile.

And for anyone who got the highest score that simply means they worked way too hard prepping for it.

A perfect score is pretty nutty. My office walls are tacky as fck. I have all my ncaa shit up. In game action pics 🤣🤣. All of it. I’d have that perfect lsat score in a $2,000 frame ready to point out
Only thing hanging on my office wall right now is a giant framed document from 18th century England. It’s about 6 feet long and 4 feet tall. I have no clue what it says. It was there when I moved into the office.

I have next to no photos from my swimming days. Got a few triathlon photos here and there.

• Love
i have no idea what I scored on the bar exam other than passing. No one ever asked what my score was. At least in Ohio I’m pretty sure they don’t give you a rank or percentile.

And for anyone who got the highest score that simply means they worked way too hard prepping for it.
For sure. It’s in keeping with his charm to declare that tho

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT