ADVERTISEMENT

Trump/Vance 2024

I wouldn't _______ either one of them with your ______
Oh My Gosh Wow GIF by PBS NewsHour

Classic projection! Hitler was a Jew and he used that to wipe out millions, by clever deception.
If you don’t think that a women will trick you, just for the chance to slice your throat… your wrong.
Isn’t this exactly how dems use a political war tactic?

Classic projection! Hitler was a Jew and he used that to wipe out millions, by clever deception.
If you don’t think that a women will trick you, just for the chance to slice your throat… your wrong.
Isn’t this exactly how dems use a political war tactic?
Good grief you are clueless as usual. Hitler was absolutely not Jewish. It’s an antisemitic trope.

Depending on where and the details sportscaster is probably a more prestigious and more difficult gig to land. Assistant city prosecutor is what you apply for when you flunk the bar and went to your local law school
If you hate Harris because she's a progressive, fine, but disparaging her in this fashion is weak sauce.

First, with respect to the bar exam, it's a difficult test and anyone can have a bad day. Failed-the-first-time lawyers include FDR, Hillary Clinton (DC bar), Michelle Obama, Kathleen Sullivan (former Dean of Stanford Law School), and California governors Jerry Brown and Pete Wilson.

Next, Harris was never, to my knowledge, an "assistant city prosecutor." She worked for a time with the city attorney for San Francisco, but that's civil work. She did serve as assistant DA for both Alameda County and San Francisco, prosecuting and trying criminal cases. That's not losers' work. You're in the trenches, first chair, under pressure for a conviction, with a difficult burden of proof. For a time she headed the Career Criminal Division, prosecuting major crimes including homicide and sexual assault. Trying cases for a DA is a lot more challenging than the job facing a young lawyer working for a white-shoe firm who maybe sees the inside of a courtroom because they're carrying the partner's litigation bag or, if they're lucky, taking the direct of a witness who's on the stand to authenticate documents.

Harris ultimately was elected District Attorney of San Francisco, and later Attorney General of CA.

Finally, her "local law school" is formerly Hastings, part of the UC system, and a reputable law school with one of the best moot court programs in the country. Alumni include Alexander Francis Morrison, founding member of the international law firm Morrison and Foerster, William Orrick, founding member of the international law firm Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe, and Todd Machtmes, GC of Salesforce.

Again, if you hate her, fine. But she's got an impressive background.

You really don’t know Palin was a governor?
I was talking about their professional job, not elected office. Anyone can win an election, but not just anyone can be a rocket scientist.
I should’ve said that Harris was an assistant DA, not her AG position, which was an elected office.

If you hate Harris because she's a progressive, fine, but disparaging her in this fashion is weak sauce.

First, with respect to the bar exam, it's a difficult test and anyone can have a bad day. Failed-the-first-time lawyers include FDR, Hillary Clinton (DC bar), Michelle Obama, Kathleen Sullivan (former Dean of Stanford Law School), and California governors Jerry Brown and Pete Wilson.

Next, Harris was never, to my knowledge, an "assistant city prosecutor." She worked for a time with the city attorney for San Francisco, but that's civil work. She did serve as assistant DA for both Alameda County and San Francisco, prosecuting and trying criminal cases. That's not losers' work. You're in the trenches, first chair, under pressure for a conviction, with a difficult burden of proof. For a time she headed the Career Criminal Division, prosecuting major crimes including homicide and sexual assault. Trying cases for a DA is a lot more challenging than the job facing a young lawyer working for a white-shoe firm who maybe sees the inside of a courtroom because they're carrying the partner's litigation bag or, if they're lucky, taking the direct of a witness who's on the stand to authenticate documents.

Harris ultimately was elected District Attorney of San Francisco, and later Attorney General of CA.

Finally, her "local law school" is formerly Hastings, part of the UC system, and a reputable law school with one of the best moot court programs in the country. Alumni include Alexander Francis Morrison, founding member of the international law firm Morrison and Foerster, William Orrick, founding member of the international law firm Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe, and Todd Machtmes, GC of Salesforce.

She’s vp. She’s accomplished a ton in getting to that alone. As for the rest she went to a shitty undergrad who knows how she got admitted to Hastings Altho it is far less competitive than the big UC law schools. . Minority. Less competitive then. Who knows. Few choose that career path with good grades. You don’t say hmmmm Kirkland or city attny’s office. That’s largely where those with poor grades go. Reality.

I have no idea how many cases she’s tried. I promise you that’s not complex litigation. Ive never known anyone who has failed the bar. It’s not hard despite the perception. People in calif pass without even going to law school.

I have ears. I’ve heard her speak. She’s hardly impressive.

But again becoming vp is impressive. Becoming president is even more impressive as is penn and graduating from Wharton

Depending on where and the details sportscaster is probably a more prestigious and more difficult gig to land. Assistant city prosecutor is what you apply for when you flunk the bar and went to your local law school
Sure, if you’re a sportscaster in a major city that’s filled with professional sports teams, but she was a sportscaster in a tiny city in Alaska, with no professional sports or even major college sports. Reporting on high school and small college?

Btw, from what I’ve heard the California bar is difficult and it says she passed it a year after graduating from law school. Didn’t JFK jr. take a few years to pass the NY bar?!

Sure, if you’re a sportscaster in a major city that’s filled with professional sports teams, but she was a sportscaster in a tiny city in Alaska, with no professional sports or even major college sports. Reporting on high school and small college?

Btw, from what I’ve heard the California bar is difficult and it says she passed it a year after graduating from law school. Didn’t JFK jr. take a few years to pass the NY bar?!
I have never known anyone who failed. Who knows what Jr was doing. Calif bar doesn’t even require law school. Big state like that will have so many dipshits taking it from god knows what schools or no schools. Difficulty is often claimed if the scope is broad I.e. a shit ton of subjects. I passed multiple bars on the first try without ever taking a course and working full time. There were entire sections I didn’t even answer. Commercial paper type. Can’t imagine how much you’d have to miss to fail

She’s vp. She’s accomplished a ton in getting to that alone. As for the rest she went to a shitty undergrad who knows how she got admitted to Hastings Altho it is far less competitive than the big UC law schools. . Minority. Less competitive then. Who knows. Few choose that career path with good grades. You don’t say hmmmm Kirkland or city attny’s office. That’s largely where those with poor grades go. Reality.

I have no idea how many cases she’s tried. I promise you that’s not complex litigation. Ive never known anyone who has failed the bar. It’s not hard despite the perception. People in calif pass without even going to law school.

But again becoming vp is impressive. Becoming president is even more impressive as is penn and graduating from Wharton
You choose that career path if you are interested in going into politics. Or, if your grades are bad.

I have never known anyone who failed. Who knows what Jr was doing. Calif bar doesn’t even require law school. Big state like that will have so many dipshits taking it from god knows what schools or no schools. Difficulty is often claimed if the scope is broad I.e. a shit ton of subjects. I passed multiple bars on the first try without ever taking a course and working full time. There were entire sections I didn’t even answer. Commercial paper type
I learned secured transactions driving to Columbus for the bar exam, listening to part of a review course on a cassette tape. Back then in Ohio it was risky not to bother with sections as they did not grade all of the sections. You didn’t know which ones would count.

But yes, the bar exam is not that difficult.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I learned secured transactions driving to Columbus for the bar exam, listening to part of a review course on a cassette tape. Back then in Ohio it was risky not to bother with sections as they did not grade all of the sections. You didn’t know which ones would count.

I’ve practiced in big/medium law for almost 30 years and I only recall two new hires (out of over 200?) who didn’t pass the first time.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

I’m not shitting you noodle. There were a couple of sections I got zero. I didn’t know it at all. And yes secured transactions was one of them

Reactions: Noodle
I’ve practiced in big/medium law for almost 30 years and I only recall two new hires (out of over 200?) who didn’t pass the first time
I guarantee your engineering program was far more difficult than law school and the bar

LOL that’s an understatement. Law school was not very rigorous in my opinion. A lot of reading, but that’s about it.
yep that you could just cram. We had the time of our lives. It sounds ridiculous but we did. Our crew played every single intramural sport. Drank like alcoholics. Played endless video games. Hit the gym daily. It was awesome. Minimal studying for weeks and weeks at a time.

I just started getting their vids in my feed this week,had never heard of them before then. But they are extremely talented,and so versatile with their various talents. They've also put out a video each year since 2020 or so where they highlights their bloopers for each respective year.

I don't know where you went to law school but there were almost certainly people in your graduating class who failed the bar on the first attempt. If you practiced law for any length of time, you certainly knew attorneys who didn't pass the first time. They generally don't advertise that, though.

July '23 bar exam passing rates, first time takers: Indiana: 77%; New York: 76%; California: 65%. Graduates from non-ABA accredited schools pull the numbers down, but the passing rates for graduates of accredited schools is hardly 100%.

You keep saying "city attorney's office." She didn't do that directly out of law school, and my understanding is her stint there was very brief. She worked for a much longer period with DA offices, first in Alameda County and then in San Francisco. She was a prosecutor. So I'm not quite sure what to make of your comment that people with good grades seldom choose that career path. Plenty of people who had outstanding grades in law school become county, state or federal prosecutors. To argue otherwise does not comport with reality.

Finally, I don't understand the "that's not complex litigation" comment. You think the burden of proof in criminal cases, and getting all 12 to buy in, is easy? How many jury trials have you handled as a prosecutor?

Reactions: cosmickid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT