ADVERTISEMENT

Trump/Vance 2024

It’s indisputably browner, polls back that up. And your eyes. Put Trump/Vance up against GW/ Cheney in an IQ test they would win. Smarter.

Less pretense is a tough one to quantify. But you’re still wrong. Moron
"respirators killed people"

You do realize how badly you hurt your own case here...right?

Racists calling themselves MAGA is not the same thing as MAGA being even partly racist.
I’ve made this defense of Republicans for almost 30 years and I still believe it, but MAGA Republicans have changed the equation. I honestly believe now that racism, manifesting in an anti immigration mindset, is an actual policy factor for much of the MAGA faction. It’s one of the disqualifying factors for me in terms of supporting MAGA.

Reactions: outside shooter
You, as I've always been trying to digest in you, have to let go of this TDS, or you are a total troll baiter that sucks at hiding your intentions.
TDS is so strong in you now, I'm very much leaning total troll from the left, and I really didn't want to.
Ya gotta give a little to get a little. Ya just gotta, man.
You are about to have your ass handed to you in the election. How about just let up a little bit? Please? Are you better than this? Are you? Please say you are, please prove that you are.
You always get me wrong.

Reactions: MrBing
@dbmhoosier you see Zuckerberg’s comments on trump? Said that fist pump was “one of the most badass things he’s seen in his life.” Won’t endorse a candidate but that was very inspiring.

I remember when people used to wait for newspapers to endorse

I’ve made this defense of Republicans for almost 30 years and I still believe it, but MAGA Republicans have changed the equation. I honestly believe now that racism, manifesting in an anti immigration mindset, is an actual policy factor for much of the MAGA faction. It’s one of the disqualifying factors for me in terms of supporting MAGA.
What’s the racist anti immigration policy set forth by the trump administration

It’s indisputably browner, polls back that up. And your eyes. Put Trump/Vance up against GW/ Cheney in an IQ test they would win. Smarter.

Vance is a smart guy. Trump is a savvy guy, but not super smart. I’d bet big money that Bush and Cheney both have higher IQs than Trump. Vance is probably in the same vicinity as B and C, maybe a little higher, but not significantly.

What’s the racist anti immigration policy set forth by the trump administration
I’m talking about a faction of his MAGA followers and their motivations and policy desires. I’ve defended Trump against accusations of racist policies.

Has MAGA changed the equation for you or has Trump? As I said, I’m MAGA, that is a legit political position going back to Lincoln, and I don’t accept the never-Trump and Democrat MAGA spin.

You shouldn’t confuse immigration policy with border policy. Wanting a strong secure border is not anti-immigration.

Neither one of us want racism to be part of MAGA because we’re Republicans and want our party to reflect our values, but racism is most definitely a thing for a portion of MAGA.
I disagree totally. There is no room for that if you are a Trump follower. Every video I'ver ever seen at Trump rallies are people of all colors, patriotic, and loving one another. I've seen people say they felt so welcome whatever race and nationality they are. Anyone who says they are part of MAGA and displays racism is not part of the movement. Thats not what this its all about.

Vance is a smart guy. Trump is a savvy guy, but not super smart. I’d bet big money that Bush and Cheney both have higher IQs than Trump. Vance is probably in the same vicinity as B and C, maybe a little higher, but not significantly.
I don’t think a bush Cheney ticket today would get 40 million votes. Biden and Harris and Newsom and Whitmer are progressives in varying degrees. The Dem party is a party of progressives. Trump is a hodgepodge of policies but largely a centrist Dem. The country has moved left

I don’t think a bush Cheney ticket today would get 40 million votes. Biden and Harris and Newsom and Whitmer are progressives in varying degrees. The Dem party is a party of progressives. Trump is a hodgepodge of policies but largely a centrist Dem. The country has moved left
I need some clarification here...Centrist dems don't undo regulations, lower taxes, and promote capitalism. Thats straight out of the Reagan playbook. I was just reading it the other day. Thats Trump all day! Maybe you can expand?

I need some clarification here...Centrist dems don't undo regulations, lower taxes, and promote capitalism. Thats straight out of the Reagan playbook. I was just reading it the other day. Thats Trump all day! Maybe you can expand?
I will later. Boat day with the kids
#WHITEBOYSUMMER

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

Doubt that is true re votes. Vast majority of people are blind partisans and will vote whomever name is at the top of the ticket. Trump got 62m votes in 2016. Romney had 60m in 2012. Couldn't be a starker contrast between Old GOP and New GOP than those two. Millions and millions of people hate Trump but will still vote for him as 1) they always vote and 2) they would never vote for a Dem.

The makeup of the GOP primary voter has changed significantly, but that's a different story.

Doubt that is true re votes. Vast majority of people are blind partisans and will vote whomever name is at the top of the ticket. Trump got 62m votes in 2016. Romney had 60m in 2012. Couldn't be a starker contrast between Old GOP and New GOP than those two. Millions and millions of people hate Trump but will still vote for him as 1) they always vote and 2) they would never vote for a Dem.

The makeup of the GOP primary voter has changed significantly, but that's a different story.
The base of the gop is what the Dem party used to look like in many respects. 2024 is much different than even 2016 much less 12. But I agree with the thrust of your point

And today’s right has moved further right? Bush/Chaney won’t get 40M votes because MAGA supporters think Bush is no longer right. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/george-w-bush-is-too-liberal-for-the-republican-party.html

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Trump uses tariffs as a diplomatic weapon. That is not isolationism. Isolationism is a bum rap anyway. Trump’s first term was decidedly not isolationist.

He was stopped from him worst instinctual policy decisions by those in his cabinet last time around. I don't expect it this time around.

I'm not here to rehash all of this for the thousandth time. I have very little in common with the modern Trump platform, nor the Dem platform.

I'm accepting of the situation that I have no major party platform that I support whatsoever. And will likely abstain this fall from even wasting time going to the polls. Definitely not spending my time doing pretzel logic.

Has MAGA changed the equation for you or has Trump? As I said, I’m MAGA, that is a legit political position going back to Lincoln, and I don’t accept the never-Trump and Democrat MAGA spin.

You shouldn’t confuse immigration policy with border policy. Wanting a strong secure border is not anti-immigration.
Both. Trump has led to changes in a significant portion of the party that I can’t stomach. The incivility, the paranoia, the persecution complex, the refusal to compromise, the conspiracy theory nonsense, the dishonesty (or stupidity - it’s one or the other), trends to isolationism and excessive protectionism, the embrace of racists (we tolerated them, as did Democrats, but never comforted them), treating political opponents as the enemy, the cultish devotion to one of the most immoral humans ever to run for President, and much more.

I’m 100 percent onboard with halting illegal immigration. We need more legal immigration.

Last edited:

Smarter as measured by taking an IQ test doesn't necessarily mean you have acquired the knowledge and skills to be an effective office holder.

Seems reasonable, however, a person with a high IQ could learn how to be an effective office holder at faster rate than someone with a lower IQ.

CFFN, when you say the Republican party has gotten smarter. Do you mean those running for office or the party faithful?

If you mean Donald Trump, I think he has a high IQ and has mastered the skills to be elected and build a solid base of supporters. Vance is also exceptional as shown by being selected as Trump's VP. Ironically his rise to fame in the eyes of Trump may be due to his not being a politician for very long, as is the case with Trump.

Last edited:
Both. Trump has led to changes in a significant portion of the party that I can’t stomach. The incivility, the paranoia, the persecution complex, refusal to compromise, the conspiracy theory nonsense, the dishonesty (or stupidity - it’s one or the other), trends to isolationism and excessive protectionism, the embrace of racists (we tolerated them but never comforted them), treating political opponents as the enemy, the cultish devotion to one of the most immoral humans ever to run for President, and much more.

I’m 100 percent onboard with haltin illegal immigration. We need more legal immigration.
I couldn’t stomach a party, or a politician, that fits your first paragraph either. So we agree on that. Have a good day. :)

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Enjoy! Not trying to start anything either just want to hear why you think that...Have a great day!
No large motorboats and electric boats can’t create a wake!!! This is nerd boating!!! Woke boating!!!! #ANTIWHITEBOYSUMMER

jet-ski-kenny-powers.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Fair enough.

That doesn’t matter. I think you have become ensnared by Trump’s personality. , Lots of good content in the GOP platform.

CoH, the GOP convention as televised didn't bog viewers down with policies and platform positions.

Expect the Dems to do the same minus a celebrity candidate. Like going to a play without a famed actor playing the lead role.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
CoH, the GOP convention as televised didn't bog viewers down with policies and platform positions.

Expect the Dems to do the same minus a celebrity candidate. Like going to a play without a famed actor playing the lead role.
Right. Platforms and policy are not entertaining.

I’ll bet you dinner that the Democrats dwell on the Project 2025 hoax every day.

GA and TX. This means they know it's over and are trying to save down ballot races.

Right. Platforms and policy are not entertaining.

I’ll bet you dinner that the Democrats dwell on the Project 2025 hoax every day.

Could be.

With 900 pages of material to twist to their advantage the topic is bound to be brought up.

Willing to bet few undecided voters will be moved upon hearing the Dems boring version of the Heritage Foundation wish list.

Could be.

With 900 pages of material to twist to their advantage the topic is bound to be brought up.

Willing to bet few undecided voters will be moved upon hearing the Dems boring version of the Heritage Foundation wish list.
Dems are already lying about what’s in it.

• Haha
Reactions: zeke4ahs and jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT