ADVERTISEMENT

Trump/Vance 2024

I must watch more ultra MAGA nut job channels than you do. Nobody used the qualifier it had to be someone who is "sane". Just a MAGA supporter...

Heck part of the reason Vance initially despised Trump (when he was sane) was that he felt Trump's attacks on immigrants threatened his (Vance's) own family...

Since Donald Trump launched his political career on the racist birtherism attacks on President Obama, racism and white supremacy have defined the MAGA movement. That racism has had violent consequences.… Perhaps this is why JD Vance himself condemned Donald Trump when he said in a now deleted tweet, ‘Trump makes people I care about afraid. Immigrants, Muslims, etc. Because of this I find him reprehensible. God wants better of us.’”

You can delete Tweets, but you can't completely eradicate them... Btw, is CPAC MAGA? How about MTG? You can't just pretend Fuentes isn't part of Trump's far right base...How about Ann Coulter? Charlie Kirk? Suddenly you want to seperate the influential racist elements of MAGA from MAGA?
Fuentes as I understand it, does not like Trump. Charlie Kirk has never said anything about Usha’s race.

You are completely and utterly full of shit.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
I must watch more ultra MAGA nut job channels than you do. Nobody used the qualifier it had to be someone who is "sane". Just a MAGA supporter...

Heck part of the reason Vance initially despised Trump (when he was sane) was that he felt Trump's attacks on immigrants threatened his (Vance's) own family...

Since Donald Trump launched his political career on the racist birtherism attacks on President Obama, racism and white supremacy have defined the MAGA movement. That racism has had violent consequences.… Perhaps this is why JD Vance himself condemned Donald Trump when he said in a now deleted tweet, ‘Trump makes people I care about afraid. Immigrants, Muslims, etc. Because of this I find him reprehensible. God wants better of us.’”

You can delete Tweets, but you can't completely eradicate them... Btw, is CPAC MAGA? How about MTG? You can't just pretend Fuentes isn't part of Trump's far right base...How about Ann Coulter? Charlie Kirk? Suddenly you want to seperate the influential racist elements of MAGA from MAGA?

Do you care about Biden's years of racist actions and and remarks? He's the racist element leading the MACA (Make America Crappy Again) crowd.

Didn’t answer the question but you got in your talking points.
Why would I choose either one? You're asking me a question I have no opinion on...

Do you agree with JD's assesment of Alex Jones as a "truth teller"?

Reports are that Trump wanted to choose Burgum and the Bobsey twins convinced him he had to choose Vance. There are a lot of skeletons in Vance's closet, he's got some truly wacky ideas and he does nothing to soften Trump's problems with Independents and suburban women. He is on tape bemoaning women leaving abusive relationships and saying he doesn't care what happens to the people of Ukraine...

I believe the point I originally made was that Dems are very happy at Vance's nomination and view it as a gift. You apparently disagree...

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I have no idea what that means,what you're trying to say, or the point you're making? Everyone knows that Vance was a fervent never Trumper, but it seems he was always and still is an opportunist. If the spineless Dems would have provided any semblance of campaign funds to Ryan in 2022 he'd have had a good shot of winning, even in Ohio. If you admire Vance for sucking up to Trump, hey that's your thing.

I'm glad Trump chose Vance, because it's a tactical error. Just like his speech at the Convention, neither helps Trump with the center or Moderates. Vance represents Ohio which is a state Trump has in the bag,.

Someone like Burgum or Carson would have been far less controversial and even might possibly have helped Trump with a constituency he needs help with. JD Vance only opens up lines of attack with his hardline stance on abortion, his ties to Project 2025, his embrace of the Big Lie and his history of ridiculous remarks, like saying women should stay in unhappy marriages even if they're being abused...

Vance’s story is about as quintessentially American as it comes.

Drug abuse. Abusive parents. Death. Broken families.

But we’re hillbillies honey. We respect our dead.

Vance’s story is about as quintessentially American as it comes.

Drug abuse. Abusive parents. Death. Broken families.

But we’re hillbillies honey. We respect our dead.
Do you consider Middletown,OH to be Appalachia? JD trying to claim he's "from Appalachia" is like someone maintaining that just because nearly every family in Portland,TN has relatives that moved to Indinapolis, that Indy is somehow a part of Tennessee.

Do you consider Middletown,OH to be Appalachia? JD trying to claim he's "from Appalachia" is like someone maintaining that just because nearly every family in Portland,TN has relatives that moved to Indinapolis, that Indy is somehow a part of Tennessee.

I don’t really give a shit how much he blurs the lines between rustbelt boy and hillbilly. His message is for both.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter

Have you read the book? Have you actually read it? He doesn’t give any pretense about being from Ohio.

What the hell is your point?

How young are Vance's kids? Maybe he has valuable diaper changing skills that will help Trump out.

I wonder what Vance’s wife thought while she was speaking about her immigrant parents to the mass deportation signs and cheers of send them back?
She probably thought she was glad her parents came here legally.

I don't think in his book he claimed he was "from Appalachia." From Wikipedia:

Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis is a 2016 memoir by J. D. Vance about the Appalachian values of his Kentucky family and the social and socioeconomic problems of his hometown of Middletown, Ohio, where his mother's parents moved when they were young.

Summary​

[edit]
Vance describes his upbringing and family background while growing up in Middletown, Ohio. He writes about a family history of poverty and manual labor jobs, and compares this life with his perspective after leaving it.

Though Vance was born and raised in Middletown, his mother and her family were from Breathitt County, Kentucky. Their Appalachian culture include traits such as loyalty and love of country despite family violence and verbal abuse. He recounts his grandparents' alcoholism as well as his unstable mother's history of drug addictions and failed relationships. Vance's grandparents reconciled and became his guardians. His strict but loving grandmother pushed him and Vance was able to leave Middletown for undergraduate studies at Ohio State and post-graduate studies at Yale Law School.[2]

Alongside his personal history, Vance raises questions about the responsibility of his family and local people for their misfortunes. Vance cites hillbilly culture and its encouragement of social disintegration, along with the economic insecurity of Appalachia. Vance's arguments rely on personal experience, such as when he worked as a grocery store cashier he watched welfare recipients talking on cell phones, whereas the working Vance could not afford one.[2]

His antipathy of those who seemed to profit from poor behavior while he struggled, especially combined with his values of personal responsibility and tough love, is presented as a rationale for Appalachia's political swing from a strong Democratic bias to a strong Republican affiliation. Likewise, he tells stories highlighting the lack of work ethic of the local people, including the story of a man who quit his job after expressing dislike over his work hours, as well as a co-worker with a pregnant girlfriend who would simply skip work unexcused.[2]

I don't think in his book he claimed he was "from Appalachia." From Wikipedia:

Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis is a 2016 memoir by J. D. Vance about the Appalachian values of his Kentucky family and the social and socioeconomic problems of his hometown of Middletown, Ohio, where his mother's parents moved when they were young.

Summary​

[edit]
Vance describes his upbringing and family background while growing up in Middletown, Ohio. He writes about a family history of poverty and manual labor jobs, and compares this life with his perspective after leaving it.

Though Vance was born and raised in Middletown, his mother and her family were from Breathitt County, Kentucky. Their Appalachian culture include traits such as loyalty and love of country despite family violence and verbal abuse. He recounts his grandparents' alcoholism as well as his unstable mother's history of drug addictions and failed relationships. Vance's grandparents reconciled and became his guardians. His strict but loving grandmother pushed him and Vance was able to leave Middletown for undergraduate studies at Ohio State and post-graduate studies at Yale Law School.[2]

Alongside his personal history, Vance raises questions about the responsibility of his family and local people for their misfortunes. Vance cites hillbilly culture and its encouragement of social disintegration, along with the economic insecurity of Appalachia. Vance's arguments rely on personal experience, such as when he worked as a grocery store cashier he watched welfare recipients talking on cell phones, whereas the working Vance could not afford one.[2]

His antipathy of those who seemed to profit from poor behavior while he struggled, especially combined with his values of personal responsibility and tough love, is presented as a rationale for Appalachia's political swing from a strong Democratic bias to a strong Republican affiliation. Likewise, he tells stories highlighting the lack of work ethic of the local people, including the story of a man who quit his job after expressing dislike over his work hours, as well as a co-worker with a pregnant girlfriend who would simply skip work unexcused.[2]
He was a dumb pick. He does nothing to expand Trump's base.

Trump has an electability problem with women and his pick of Vance only exacerbates the problem.

It may seem more extreme and fervent. True.
However, the far left has gone just as, if not more, extreme. There is an undercurrent of hate and divisiveness with the progressives that is dangerous.
It’s a small faction of the left. It’s the ruling party of the right. It’s the right that has been preaching civil war, and as J6 showed, they are serious. That seems a bit more dangerous to me .

I disagree totally. There is no room for that if you are a Trump follower. Every video I'ver ever seen at Trump rallies are people of all colors, patriotic, and loving one another. I've seen people say they felt so welcome whatever race and nationality they are. Anyone who says they are part of MAGA and displays racism is not part of the movement. Thats not what this its all about.
lol. I’m not sure what you are watching. There are a few people of color that they put on the stage but the crowd is largely older and white and male heavy. Loving one another? Those rallies are constant hate speech.

Smarter as measured by taking an IQ test doesn't necessarily mean you have acquired the knowledge and skills to be an effective office holder.

Seems reasonable, however, a person with a high IQ could learn how to be an effective office holder at faster rate than someone with a lower IQ.

CFFN, when you say the Republican party has gotten smarter. Do you mean those running for office or the party faithful?

If you mean Donald Trump, I think he has a high IQ and has mastered the skills to be elected and build a solid base of supporters. Vance is also exceptional as shown by being selected as Trump's VP. Ironically his rise to fame in the eyes of Trump may be due to his not being a politician for very long, as is the case with Trump.
What makes you think Trump has a high IQ? Just curious. That’s something even he hasn’t bragged about, which I think he would were it true.

CoH, the GOP convention as televised didn't bog viewers down with policies and platform positions.

Expect the Dems to do the same minus a celebrity candidate. Like going to a play without a famed actor playing the lead role.
That’s because they don’t have any. Like before, it’s whatever Trump feels like. That day. I’d prefer to be bogged down than listen to the likes of Hulk Hogan.

Right. Platforms and policy are not entertaining.

I’ll bet you dinner that the Democrats dwell on the Project 2025 hoax every day.
Hoax? Is that your new word? Everything you don’t like is a hoax? So how exactly is Project 2025 a hoax???

It’s a small faction of the left. It’s the ruling party of the right. It’s the right that has been preaching civil war, and as J6 showed, they are serious. That seems a bit more dangerous to me .
Hmmm…. any more dangerous than the inside job than Biden’s Secret Service team put together in their failed attempt to take out the opposition candidate?
If this had happened to Biden with Trump as the incumbent and his appointees on security detail, you’d be losing your shit right now.
If anything, this opened even more eyes to the Democrat party and their win-at-all costs agenda, including murder. Reminds me of vintage Stalin tactics: make your political rivals disappear.

Wonder how many folks have actually read it, including those lying about it, or those accusing others of lying about it.

Finally, how can anyone tell what, if any of it, will actually come to fruitiion.
That’s always the case. You can just find out what they would like to implement. No guarantees ever what will pass, what was just in there as red meat to the base, etc.

Hmmm…. any more dangerous than the inside job than Biden’s Secret Service team put together in their failed attempt to take out the opposition candidate?
If this had happened to Biden with Trump as the incumbent and his appointees on security detail, you’d be losing your shit right now.
If anything, this opened even more eyes to the Democrat party and their win-at-all costs agenda, including murder. Reminds me of vintage Stalin tactics: make your political rivals disappear.
Either the Dems are destroying democracy by cancelling our Biden's primary votes because they think he'll lose, or.......

He's dropping out because he's too far gone mentally, which would mean he needs to be removed from office now.

Oh hon. I’m sorry you are full on nuts. Bye bye.

Reactions: ulrey
Oh you forgot in 2020 when they had no platform ? Just whatever Trump wanted.
So you are worried about Project 2025? Or No platform? Because you’ve criticized both in this thread (future looking) and they’re mutually exclusive.

This is the most moderate Republican presidential campaign in my lifetime and it’s not even close.

- we aren’t touching Medicare or SS, I won’t entertain the idea of any kind of cuts or modifications
- I will not pass a national abortion ban
- I support gay marriage
- we will bring manufacturing jobs back and support unions, and we don’t care if it’s inefficient.

I’m actually kind of pissed. But you sit here and talk as if the end in nigh. You’re so unserious.

Do you care about Biden's years of racist actions and and remarks? He's the racist element leading the MACA (Make America Crappy Again) crowd.

No I don’t care what he said fifty years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT