ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is scarily popular

Important to look at likely voters, instead of all adults

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/voters/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...020-republican-candidate-latest-a7988676.html

He has a core base of support that will never abandon him. D's need to find a way to increase turnout.

He should actually be thankful Obamacare hasn't been repealed because despite its flaws, when people start getting lifetime caps on coverage and no coverage for pre-existing conditions they will be pissed. This affects people with employer based insurance.

Then of course there is the Mueller factor, the potential for an economic downturn (33k jobs lost in September), and of course, war with Iran and/or North Korea. We are only in year one. It takes a little while for a President's policies to come into full effect.

I have zero confidence Dems will capitalize on any of this. They don't want to get their hands dirty to win elections. Remember all of that "When they go low, we go high" nonsense?

Reactions: toastedbread
He should actually be thankful Obamacare hasn't been repealed because despite its flaws, when people start getting lifetime caps on coverage and no coverage for pre-existing conditions they will be pissed. This affects people with employer based insurance.

Then of course there is the Mueller factor, the potential for an economic downturn (33k jobs lost in September), and of course, war with Iran and/or North Korea. We are only in year one. It takes a little while for a President's policies to come into full effect.

I have zero confidence Dems will capitalize on any of this. They don't want to get their hands dirty to win elections. Remember all of that "When they go low, we go high" nonsense?

The dems have good ideas, they just don’t have that ruthlessness the pubs have when it comes to getting into office. I do admire one thing about the pubs, they don’t quit. They’ll continue to try and pass shitty healthcare legislation. If anyone thinks otherwise, it’s only been a few months since they really started trying. By “really trying” I mean with an occupant of the White House who would actually sign a repeal bill. They’ve been fighting Roe v Wade for 44 years. A few months is nothing.

Reactions: YOTHN and meridian

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...020-republican-candidate-latest-a7988676.html

He has a core base of support that will never abandon him. D's need to find a way to increase turnout.
It's not just about Trump. It's about what makes him possible and what makes the ridiculous dysfunction in our Republican leadership possible. (Disclaimer for the millionth time; it's not a conservative vs. liberal thing; it's really just a Team Republican thing). The Dumb and Deluded -- it needs to be defeated.

I would have gladly voted for a John Kasich if the Dems had nominated Kanye. I am not so blindly loyal to a party that I can't see a lunatic. The country is more important than Team Blue or Team Red.

The Dems need to nominate someone that will appeal to two groups: the Dem base, and the "anyone but Hillary" crowd (including the Bernistas). It shouldn't be that hard. I don't know who it would be, but I'd like to see Uncle Joe in the mix. Hickenlooper is another I think would be a strong candidate.

and of course, war with Iran and/or North Korea. We are only in year one. It takes a little while for a President's policies to come into full effect.
I will zero-in just on the war.
If Trump starts a war or wars in his 3rd or 4th year, he will be a shoo-in for reelection. Americans usually, or even always, support the president at the beginning of a war.

Reactions: Bill4411
I will zero-in just on the war.
If Trump starts a war or wars in his 3rd or 4th year, he will be a shoo-in for reelection. Americans usually, or even always, support the president at the beginning of a war.

Bush Sr won his war and didn't get re-elected.

The Dems need to nominate someone that will appeal to two groups: the Dem base, and the "anyone but Hillary" crowd (including the Bernistas). It shouldn't be that hard. I don't know who it would be, but I'd like to see Uncle Joe in the mix. Hickenlooper is another I think would be a strong candidate.
I just might take ten years off of my life to make Uncle Joe ten years younger. Not really, but the age of Trump is making me feel like dog years.

Take away his (political) oxygen.

If the political establishment would've dealt with Immigration in a sensible way, there never would've been a Donald Trump. Instead, they kept trying to double down on stupid.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Trump must be primaried, and Dems need to come up with a decent alternative too. One way or the other, Trump must go.
I know I've said this before, I still think the answer is found in Ohio: Tim Ryan. He's already been working on bridging the widening gap between the Dems and the blue collar workers. Now, he's also trying to make the party more business-friendly.

I admit I am biased in favor of him, because I happen to agree with a lot of his ideas. But I also genuinely think it's a winning message. If there's a guy who can appeal to Berniecrats, Trump Democrats and boardroom Republicans scared of Trump alike, it's this man.

Take away his (political) oxygen.

If the political establishment would've dealt with Immigration in a sensible way, there never would've been a Donald Trump. Instead, they kept trying to double down on stupid.

If not immigration, pubs find another cause du jour. Whatever the cause du jour, Trump would hammer it.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Heck, he's even got Aloha defending him on the flag thing ( I bet he thinks he's done an excellent job on that too).
I know you're not all there mentally, but once again, I didn't defend Trump even a little bit.

See your Doctor.

Heck, he's even got Aloha defending him on the flag thing ( I bet he thinks he's done an excellent job on that too).
I know you're not all there mentally, but once again, I didn't defend Trump even a little bit.

See your Doctor.
You two need to either put each other on ignore or just get a f***ing room already.

If not immigration, pubs find another cause du jour. Whatever the cause du jour, Trump would hammer it.

Oh, I disagree.

The political establishment gave him (or somebody like him) a huge opening and he took it.

What else would he have had? Plenty of sensible, responsible people were saying for years "Seal up the border first" and the establishment scoffed at those people as if it was no particular threat at all.

If the PTBs had listened, Donald Trump would've been a historical footnote. But their arrogance wouldn't allow them to.

You two need to either put each other on ignore or just get a f***ing room already.

WindingBestBuffalo-max-1mb.gif

Trump is popular because a huge majority of middle America doesn't like to have thing crammed down their throats by people in New York and LA

Trump is popular because a huge majority of middle America doesn't like to have thing crammed down their throats by people in New York and LA
Yes, we’re well aware that lots of ignorant, resentful lazies have loosely banded together on the basis of poorly conceived notions and have actively harmed the country. Didn’t need your confirmation of that ridiculousness.

Yes, we’re well aware that lots of ignorant, resentful lazies have loosely banded together on the basis of poorly conceived notions and have actively harmed the country. Didn’t need your confirmation of that ridiculousness.

Are you talking about the middle Americans or the Hollywood/NYC media types...your description fits both like a glove

What makes you think people in NY and Los Angeles want things crammed down their throat by people in Oklahoma, Wyoming, and North Dakota? Because that’s how it’s happening now.

What makes you think people in NY and Los Angeles want things crammed down their throat by people in Oklahoma, Wyoming, and North Dakota? Because that’s how it’s happening now.

I don't think that, the fact is the land mass known a the USA should be multiple countries and eventually will be

Crammed down their throats? Explain that in more detail. Are you referring to congress passing bills? Pretty sure Trump has been in full cram mode since he was brought on.

Crammed down their throats? Explain that in more detail. Are you referring to congress passing bills? Pretty sure Trump has been in full cram mode since he was brought on.

If you need it explained to you, you are too far behind to ever catch-up

This next election will be the defining moment in US politics. In my own personal opinion, with every ridiculous and abrasive comment Trump makes to disparage a particular group of people he puts another nail in his coffin. This next election you will likely see a lot of people turning out to vote that thought it was in the bag or just plain didn't really care the last time. Especially the minorities. A lot of minorities I've known just didn't vote and haven't voted in the past because things have never gotten better no matter who was in office. But it wasn't thought that things could actually get even worse......well now we all know that was a misconception.

We'll see as this next election comes around. If Trump is re-elected then we will certainly know where the country stands in regards to majority votes (electoral). The liberals will need to hit a full reset button. Until then however, I think this is more of a wake-up call than a sign of where our country is at. 3 years and less than a month from now, we will begin to find out one way or the other.

Very informative. Top notch stuff.

Do you lack access to information and a brain with which to assimilate it?

You need kylehornsbyrules to explain to you why many Americans feel Hollywood and the media are pushing an agenda?

You need kylehornsbyrules to explain to you why many Americans feel Hollywood and the media are pushing an agenda?
To be fair, YOTHN's brain probably isn't compromised enough to be able to process garbled inanities and misplaced "feelings".

Reactions: YOTHN

I have the information which is precisely why your statement is so puzzling. I figured you would at least have the mental capacity to be able to back up your unjustified claims. I was wrong.

Are you talking about the middle Americans or the Hollywood/NYC media types...your description fits both like a glove
Trump is not only from New York City and lives in a literal gold covered penthouse, but also starred in a reality TV show. So that argument is BS. There are a lot of hateful and stupid people out there. That's why he got elected.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
I have the information which is precisely why your statement is so puzzling. I figured you would at least have the mental capacity to be able to back up your unjustified claims. I was wrong.

So your saying many Americans DONT feel as I have described?

Trump is not only from New York City and lives in a literal gold covered penthouse, but also starred in a reality TV show. So that argument is BS. There are a lot of hateful and stupid people out there. That's why he got elected.

That's his game though, liberal elitist from NYC tricking middle Americans into voting for him by being against liberal elites

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT