ADVERTISEMENT

Trump 2024!

You mean stop posting official Navy links that show you're full of shit?
You are an idiot. I didn't even think it was possible for you to be more stupid. Are you looking to be known as dumber than dbm? Driving the ship is one of the many duties of Surface Warfare Officers.

You are an idiot. I didn't even think it was possible for you to be more stupid. Are you looking to be known as dumber than dbm? Driving the ship is one of the many duties of Surface Warfare Officers.
If it was a duty, it would be in the responsibility section of the Navy link I provided.

All your puffery does you no good. You aren't some kind of hero because you worked for Uncle Sam. You did your job, and good for you. Saying you 'drove' a ship is just bullshit. It takes an entire team to 'drive' a ship. It wasn't all you, even if you did have a small part of it.

Reactions: jet812
If it was a duty, it would be in the responsibility section of the Navy link I provided.

All your puffery does you no good. You aren't some kind of hero because you worked for Uncle Sam. You did your job, and good for you. Saying you 'drove' a ship is just bullshit. It takes an entire team to 'drive' a ship. It wasn't all you, even if you did have a small part of it.
My God, you're dumb. Of course there is a team standing watch on the bridge. We SWOs don't actually put our hands on the helm - the Helmsmen do that. We give the orders to the Helmsmen to drive the ship. The Helmsmen technically don't even need to see where we headed. In fact, they often can't even see where we're going. Driving the ship is one of the things that SWOs do and often called "Ship Drivers" because of it. Just STFU, idiot.

My God, you're dumb. Of course there is a team standing watch on the bridge. We SWOs don't actually put our hands on the helm - the Helmsmen do that. We give the orders to the Helmsmen to drive the ship. That's driving the ship and SWOs are often called "Ship Drivers" because it's one of the things we do. Just STFU, idiot.
I'm sure that's what you call yourself. The Navy sure as hell doesn't.

My God, you're dumb. Of course there is a team standing watch on the bridge. We SWOs don't actually put our hands on the helm - the Helmsmen do that. We give the orders to the Helmsmen to drive the ship. The Helmsmen technically don't even need to see where we headed. In fact, they often can't even see where we're going. Driving the ship is one of the things that SWOs do and often called "Ship Drivers" because of it. Just STFU, idiot.
I'm sure you think you're driving your car if you're sitting in the back seat, telling your wife, who is 'steering' the car, where to go. lmao

Actually, they do. Idiot.
No, the Navy doesn't. If they did, it would be in the job description.

Maybe you and the boys like to call yourselves that. I'm sure gamers think they're actually in combat in Call of Duty, too.

• Haha

Maybe you and the boys like to call yourselves that. I'm sure gamers think they're actually in combat in Call of Duty, too.
You couldn't look more stupid if you tried. Idiot.

So a Surface Warfare Officer drives the ship? Interesting, because I see nothing in the official Navy description of your job about driving a ship.

Dick post. Why would you challenge him on his career in a branch of the military you know nothing about. Seriously, what is your problem?

Reactions: zeke4ahs

This fight is weird. I don't know about the Navy myself but a page one return about the difficulty of retaining junior SWO's makes it clear that driving the ship is a major part of what they do.

You'd think you'd defer to the actual Navy vet on this one. Strange you're choosing this hill to die on.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Right. We don't want our kids growing up in a jungle, a racial jungle.

t=Lz879zdFyRn1Er4SCoxNeg&s=19

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

This fight is weird. I don't know about the Navy myself but a page one return about the difficulty of retaining junior SWO's makes it clear that driving the ship is a major part of what they do.

You'd think you'd defer to the actual Navy vet on this one. Strange you're choosing this hill to die on.
The explanation is simple - he's an idiot.

I also enjoyed going to sea. It wasn't always fun, but it was always challenging and interesting.

The Navy Times is publication about the Navy - not an official source.

Stop with the 'hill to die on' crap. If you want to believe he 'drove' a ship, feel free. Unlike you, I've been in the military and know how the military can use its own language. Just giving directions doesn't mean 'driving' anything to me, but if it does to you, go for it.

I'm just tired of hearing about Admiral Hallsey every other post and how his Naval experience makes him an expert on everything.

• Love

Stop with the 'hill to die on' crap. If you want to believe he 'drove' a ship, feel free. Unlike you, I've been in the military and know how the military can use its own language. Just giving directions doesn't mean 'driving' anything to me, but if it does to you, go for it.

I'm just tired of hearing about Admiral Hallsey every other post and how his Naval experience makes him an expert on everything.
The guy giving the helm and engine orders is driving the ship. You really are doubling down on stupid. No surprise there.

The guy giving the helm and engine orders is driving the ship. You really are doubling down on stupid. No surprise there.
Doesn't matter to me what you call it.

If I'm behind the wheel of my car or boat, I'm driving. The person giving directions is not driving.

But if it makes you feel important to say you drove the boat, have at it.

The point is that he does seem to have the language correct, and you don't. And yet you're still taking issue with it. It makes no sense.

Doesn't matter to me what you call it.

If I'm behind the wheel of my car or boat, I'm driving. The person giving directions is not driving.

But if it makes you feel important to say you drove the boat, have at it.
You truly are an ignorant idiot.

This is what soros brings. This isn’t fiction. This is reality. Not in rural Indiana. In cities. Where there are consequences. The lack of understanding is appalling. Deaths. Carjackings. Business flight. On and on because of soros and progressives.

But we were talking about a tv show.

Numerous blue cities cited therein after soros funded progressives took over. It’s a nightmare for urban planning. This isn’t partisan this is simply fact. You and Tmp are painful to read with your lack of knowledge and understanding of what you vote for and support with progressive policies
And you and other right wingers see Soros as the bogeyman in every single thing, including a reality tv show. That’s both ignorant and partisan.

Reactions: Indyhorn
umm, are you saying that you have never used that word? EVER?
Think carefully before you answer this. VERY carefully.
You have a lot of friends... So do I... we very well may share some, so think VERY VERY carefully before you answer this dear.
No I have never used that word ever. Not even in rap songs when I’m singing them I skip it. I’m quite certain. I knew from the time I could talk not to use it. Haha you can ask anyone you want and everyone can tell you I lectured anyone that used it in my presence. And always have. So I guess you’re saying you have? Hmmmm

And you and other right wingers see Soros as the bogeyman in every single thing, including a reality tv show. That’s both ignorant and partisan.
to those of us who live in cities soros is not a bogeyman. he's a cancer. adn there's nothing fictional about his funding apparatus.

"according to several witnessesses"

lmao
You want names? I can give you names, one of whom is Noel Castor and he’s been writing about Trump for years. And Trump has never threatened to Sue him. Wonder why? He also says Trump has worn diapers for years and was addicted to Adderall and that what he is doing when he does the sniffing thing.

to those of us who live in cities soros is not a bogeyman. he's a cancer. adn there's nothing fictional about his funding apparatus.
You weren’t paying attention to what I responded to, you just wanted to go off again on progressive politics.

umm, are you saying that you have never used that word? EVER?
Think carefully before you answer this. VERY carefully.
You have a lot of friends... So do I... we very well may share some, so think VERY VERY carefully before you answer this dear.
Wow and two people liked it? I guess they use the word too? It’s so unusual for people to have say they’ve never used the word ? That’s quite telling.

You weren’t paying attention to what I responded to, you just wanted to go off again on progressive politics.
No I’m aware of the history of rural uninformed board posters who pretend Soros is a mythical character when in reality you can track soros funding as well as the deleterious outcomes of same

Reactions: jet812 and DANC
No I’m aware of the history of rural uninformed board posters who pretend Soros is a mythical character when in reality you can track soros funding as well as the deleterious outcomes of same
Ok well I’m not arguing with any of that. I’m arguing that Soros didn’t pay off witnesses of the Apprentice.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You want names? I can give you names, one of whom is Noel Castor and he’s been writing about Trump for years. And Trump has never threatened to Sue him. Wonder why? He also says Trump has worn diapers for years and was addicted to Adderall and that what he is doing when he does the sniffing thing.
Why didn't he sue him? Because he's a piss-ant - a boil on Trump's butt. If Trump sued everyone who lied about what he said, that's all he'd have time to do.

He keeps piling on the bullshit and you keep believing it. Sad for someone your age to be that gullible.

I've explained it. It's not my problem you ignore my explanation.
Maybe explain better? First you claim he's wrong because the Navy website doesn't back him up. Then I find a Navy publication backing him up, and you claim he's still wrong because the Navy uses words wrong. You're moving the goal, and that's a sure sign of dying on a hill.

Reactions: Indyhorn
Maybe explain better? First you claim he's wrong because the Navy website doesn't back him up. Then I find a Navy publication backing him up, and you claim he's still wrong because the Navy uses words wrong. You're moving the goal, and that's a sure sign of dying on a hill.
They're not exclusive. The Navy doesn't say they're 'driving' a boat because the term really doesn't apply to a ship. You 'sail' a ship or 'dock' it or 'maneuver' it, etc. As I said above, it takes a team to do all that.

Aloha uses a generic term 'drive' to make it seem like he's doing all that himself. He's not. He's part of a team that does it.

Doesn't matter to me. If you want to hero-worship him for that, that's on you. Let's just say I'm not that impressed.

No I have never used that word ever. Not even in rap songs when I’m singing them I skip it. I’m quite certain. I knew from the time I could talk not to use it. Haha you can ask anyone you want and everyone can tell you I lectured anyone that used it in my presence. And always have. So I guess you’re saying you have? Hmmmm
Unfortunately, yes I have used it. Way back in the day, around my hood, it really wasn't understood how offensive it can be taken.

Reactions: UncleMark
I still don't understand why being called skipper is a bad thing. I figured it would be like a right of passage for older officers/ boat drivers. Oh well.
Probably thinks it's referring to Skipper on Gilligan's Island.

He wouldn't be wrong. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT