ADVERTISEMENT

Trump 2024!

Good article in the WSJ about the mental acuity of Biden and Trump. It's focused more on Biden, but there's some stuff about Trump as well.

Lol at “proven.”
Why would you laugh at that? It's been reported many, many times that our intel services found they did and a Republican led bipartisan Senate Committee found the same. The Russians tried to influence the election in favor of Trump mostly through social media.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Why would you laugh at that? It's been reported many, many times that our intel services found they did and a Republican led bipartisan Senate Committee found the same. The Russians tried to influence the election in favor of Trump mostly through social media.
Trying to prove the intent of a nation is nearly impossible. Trying to prove the intent of a KGB operative may be more so. Saying intel services “prove” most anything is foolish. Hi there, Iraqi War justification!

In 2016, Putin like nearly every informed person in the US, most likely thought Clinton was a sure thing. The dissension, then, would obviously focus on riling up anti-Clinton sentiment given their objectives. Russia has also been implicated in both supporting and opposition of BLM. Which one has it been “proven” they are in favor of?

Last edited:
Trying to prove the intent of a nation is nearly impossible. Trying to prove the intent of a KGB operative may be more so. Saying intel services “prove” most anything is foolish. Hi there, Iraqi War justification!
Well of course it wasn't Russia as a whole. It was whatever they call the KGB these days (slipping my mind) and they were employing civilian computer nerds who liked to do bots and to otherwise stir the pot in social media.

Intelligence doesn't always get it exactly right, but they get it right more than given credit for. We've had many successful operations due to good intel.

• Haha
Well of course it wasn't Russia as a whole. It was whatever they call the KGB these days (slipping my mind) and they were employing civilian computer nerds who liked to do bots and to otherwise stir the pot in social media.

Intelligence doesn't always get it exactly right, but they get it right more than given credit for. We've had many successful operations due to good intel.
I agree with all that. Prove is too strong a word. Intel services provide evidence and analysis but anyone treating what they do as "proving" something complex is bound to get something wrong. It's probabilistic. Has degrees of confidence, etc. (kinda like data and recs coming out quickly in a new pandemic).

So maybe try "it's likely that," but even then, with Putin, who knows? Dude probably has several reasons and things he'll try if Biden wins, several he will try if Trump wins.

For as long as I've been alive, I've heard the Right claim the Left's candidate is who the enemy wants to win (the Soviets, now China), so vote for my guy. So I'm pretty cynical about any such arguments today, even involving Trump.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
My hope is that Biden and Trump both drop out and we have good old-fashioned knock down drag out fights at both conventions to determine the candidates.

Reactions: rx7eric
My hope is that Biden and Trump both drop out and we have good old-fashioned knock down drag out fights at both conventions to determine the candidates.

Biden should be ruthless and replace Harris with someone popular and viable. A moderate Democratic Governor. FDR ran with a different VP all four times. I see no need to stick with the current VP, especially when the VP is even more unpopular.

I could see Romney running with ole joe. Now that would be the good old fashion politicking that is missed.

Biden should be ruthless and replace Harris with someone popular and viable. A moderate Democratic Governor. FDR ran with a different VP all four times. I see no need to stick with the current VP, especially when the VP is even more unpopular.
Never going to happen. Old white man replaces woman of color on the ticket? For the Dems? Yeah, that'll go over well.

We're stuck with what we got. On both sides.

Never going to happen. Old white man replaces woman of color on the ticket? For the Dems? Yeah, that'll go over well.

We're stuck with what we got. On both sides.
Yeah that would be a huge mistake. Black women have been the base of the party for awhile now.

It was the most brilliant decision Biden had made during his presidency. Intentionally or unintentionally.

The best insurance policy ever purchased.
Wait 40 years until we finally get published that Hillary and Obama were the ones running DC during the biden years. ... HEY TRUMP, your #4 job is to declassify all of that crap before the JFK incident. We need to show this in todays world, not in 40 years... This is the clear and present danger that is already inside our gates, and they've brain washed the DNC Zombies. (not that it hard to do, duh... here's some free cheese and promises that lead to civil war).

Wait 40 years until we finally get published that Hillary and Obama were the ones running DC during the biden years. ... HEY TRUMP, your #4 job is to declassify all of that crap before the JFK incident. We need to show this in todays world, not in 40 years... This is the clear and present danger that is already inside our gates, and they've brain washed the DNC Zombies. (not that it hard to do, duh... here's some free cheese and promises that lead to civil war).
It is true that Obama had all the progressive zealotry of the Biden administration. However he also had a political sense and will to survive that acted as a modulator on how far he could push the limit...... at least in the public eye.

This admin. seems to WANT to lose. And if they don't, something is seriously fishy in American politics.

It is true that Obama had all the progressive zealotry of the Biden administration. However he also had a political sense and will to survive that acted as a modulator on how far he could push the limit...... at least in the public eye.

This admin. seems to WANT to lose. And if they don't, something is seriously fishy in American politics.
Haha. That fishy thing is the singular most unfit human to ever run for the presidency. Nice try.

Your homophobia doesn’t serve you well. But as long as you have Trump and his toadies and crazies, you’ll never have any room to talk.
Homophobia? Nay. Nay. I passionately advocate for homosexual folks to have all the rights of heterosexual folks.

Of course I am an opponent of the bastardization of the definition of marriage. One of the worst SCOTUS decisions of all time. And I don't believe they are as pre-disposed to their condition as many would have you belive. In fact I don't think they're very much pre-disposed at all. But I'm a libertarian. c'est la vie. But you can't get "Married". What you do is different.

Homophobia? Nay. Nay. I passionately advocate for homosexual folks to have all the rights of heterosexual folks.

Of course I am an opponent of the bastardization of the definition of marriage. One of the worst SCOTUS decisions of all time. And I don't believe they are as pre-disposed to their condition as many would have you belive. In fact I don't think they're very much pre-disposed at all. But I'm a libertarian. c'est la vie. But you can't get "Married". What you do is different.
Sorry. But they CAN get married, Grandpa. Marriage used to be about nothing but property. Nothing sacred. And your take that men are predisposed and women aren’t is ludicrous. And you wouldn’t speak of them the way you do if you weren’t homophobic. Own it.

Sorry. But they CAN get married, Grandpa. Marriage used to be about nothing but property. Nothing sacred. And your take that men are predisposed and women aren’t is ludicrous. And you wouldn’t speak of them the way you do if you weren’t homophobic. Own it.
As long as we're discussing the fundamentals of marriage wrt rights and taxation. Why does the government have any interest at all in the union of two (or even multiple) humans beings? Soon enough I will have two marriage certificates, one from the Catholic Church which I will cherish as a testament to my union under god, and one from the government that I would otherwise throw in the trash.

One could argue the state has an interest in more procreation and marriage hence the incentivization of marriage and procreation via tax breaks. But on the other hand the state has implicitly anti-procreation and anti-marriage measures in place. So it's tough to take that argument at face value. Why not let human beings exist in a state of nature? And if they're a sexual freak I don't care if they get hitched at any 2-bit house of worship that will have them.

Seems fair, no?

As long as we're discussing the fundamentals of marriage wrt rights and taxation. Why does the government have any interest at all in the union of two (or even multiple) humans beings? Soon enough I will have two marriage certificates, one from the Catholic Church which I will cherish as a testament to my union under god, and one from the government that I would otherwise throw in the trash.

One could argue the state has an interest in more procreation and marriage hence the incentivization of marriage and procreation via tax breaks. But on the other hand the state has implicitly anti-procreation and anti-marriage measures in place. So it's tough to take that argument at face value. Why not let human beings exist in a state of nature? And if they're a sexual freak I don't care if they get hitched at any 2-bit house of worship that will have them.

Seems fair, no?
The state has had an interest in marriage since all antiquity that we know about. It was a major aspect of Roman, Greek, even Egyptian society. It was a social and political reality since at least as long as it was a religious one.

The state has had an interest in marriage since all antiquity that we know about. It was a major aspect of Roman, Greek, even Egyptian society. It was a social and political reality since at least as long as it was a religious one.
"Because that's the way it's always been". Hmmmmm. Not compelling for me.

Why differential treatment of unioned people as opposed to single people in the eyes of the state? What moral, social or economic justification is there for that?

Seems fair, no?
I’d actually be fine with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT