ADVERTISEMENT

Truly disgusted

It was the locals who drove this though:

Saying the locals weren't taking issue with this is wrong. There were people upset enough about it to go to their City officials and petition them about it. Now when this story first broke, I did see one prominent guy who they interviewed who loved the Haitians and it was a factory owner.

Trump is not the best mouthpiece for his positions, but what Vance discusses in the video below is where the majority of Americans are at.

You guys can racism, racism all you want but there are economic and cultural impacts felt when you take in this many unskilled people who come from areas that aren't on the same page as where they are going at one time.

I will stand in defense of nativism to a degree. Sometimes the nativist argument is valid because adding people who are not in alignment with your cultural norms is bad for your native population, case in point:

And I don't want to hear the whole, "Well not all migrants...." Yeah, obviously. However, don't you think the vetting process should be pretty darn thorough before you allow a person to touch ground here? I do.

We have the right and the duty to control who enters this country.

"Saying the locals weren't taking issue with this is wrong. There were people upset enough about it to go to their City officials and petition them about it. Now when this story first broke, I did see one prominent guy who they interviewed who loved the Haitians and it was a factory owner."

We could defintiely argue over the quality of the people complaining vs the quality of people defending the Haitians. It kind of undermines your credibility (the complainers) when you repeat a story about a missing cat and it turns out that the owner of that cat discovered the cat in her basement a few days later and didn't bother to make people aware of that development.

The picture of the "immigrant eating a cat in Springfield" turned out to be an American woman in a different city who had a mental breakdown and was arrested. And the "Haitian carrying off the goose" was again a non-Haitian citizen in Columbus who was working at his job (cleaning up roadkill) when his picture was taken. The photographer never intended it to be portrayed as a Haitian stealing a goose, but some people saw the picture and already hyped over the "deceased" Miss Sassy leaped to absurd conclusions...

I'd say that those people who leaped to those conclusions fed their own xenophobic tendancies. People move to new locales all the time, Chicago has hundreds of ethnic neighborhoods filled with people who weren't born in the city or the US. Same with NYC and many other large cities. People came to Springfield because there were opportunities and plentiful jobs.

It's not like locals were laid off to make room for Haitians. According to McGregor the owner of McGregor Metals that you referenced above he hired the Haitians because they showed up on time,didn't goof off and don't have the opioid problems that many of the locals suffer from...

If you're not willing to do the work at a business I don't know why it's any of your business to complain about the owner hiring willing workers to do the work you're not willing to do. Again it's not like the people complaining lost their jobs and they brought in Haitians to replace them. There is certainly no reason McGregor and his family should face death threats. But here we are...

Something tells me these aren't people who were fired by McGregor and are upset over losing their job...

Sounds like the legacy of the Church, or more broadly, religion itself
Ok. If that was supposed to be a home run,I'm sorry. I'm not religious. I don't think intelligent people believe in a little man in the sky who watches over everything and makes sure everything is OK because he loves you,and will also send you to enternal hell if you go against him. Try again

Trump is a perfect mouthpiece for his positions. He says exactly what he means and I don't believe for a moment that he means to say the things that Vance is saying and is just incapable.
Possibly. However Trump is the only one of the two choices even remotely close to this opinion (which I don't think is racially motivated, to him American Minority>Foreigner) and he also has a Vance on his ticket to be in his ear about things. He is a big old asshole who shoots his mouth off but is still a better choice than Kamala Harris because she is the status quo (at best) on a host of topics.

And, when you pull the "you guys" B.S., at least try to respond to a post that is actually saying what you're accusing me of saying.

Sorry, after years of hearing, "that's racist..." around this topic, I tend to view you using "the other" and "fear of others" as code words for racism....because, well, how else did you mean them?

"Saying the locals weren't taking issue with this is wrong. There were people upset enough about it to go to their City officials and petition them about it. Now when this story first broke, I did see one prominent guy who they interviewed who loved the Haitians and it was a factory owner."

We could defintiely argue over the quality of the people complaining vs the quality of people defending the Haitians. It kind of undermines your credibility (the complainers) when you repeat a story about a missing cat and it turns out that the owner of that cat discovered the cat in her basement a few days later and didn't bother to make people aware of that development.

The picture of the "immigrant eating a cat in Springfield" turned out to be an American woman in a different city who had a mental breakdown and was arrested. And the "Haitian carrying off the goose" was again a non-Haitian citizen in Columbus who was working at his job (cleaning up roadkill) when his picture was taken. The photographer never intended it to be portrayed as a Haitian stealing a goose, but some people saw the picture and already hyped over the "deceased" Miss Sassy leaped to absurd conclusions...

I'd say that those people who leaped to those conclusions fed their own xenophobic tendancies. People move to new locales all the time, Chicago has hundreds of ethnic neighborhoods filled with people who weren't born in the city or the US. Same with NYC and many other large cities. People came to Springfield because there were opportunities and plentiful jobs.

It's not like locals were laid off to make room for Haitians. According to McGregor the owner of McGregor Metals that you referenced above he hired the Haitians because they showed up on time,didn't goof off and don't have the opioid problems that many of the locals suffer from...

If you're not willing to do the work at a business I don't know why it's any of your business to complain about the owner hiring willing workers to do the work you're not willing to do. Again it's not like the people complaining lost their jobs and they brought in Haitians to replace them. There is certainly no reason McGregor and his family should face death threats. But here we are...

Something tells me these aren't people who were fired by McGregor and are upset over losing their job...

I stopped reading when you said I was advancing anything about eating cats. I didn't and none of the videos I posted did. Before I got to that point I did see you wanting to talk about the "quality of the people" who were commenting. How modern liberal of you.

Possibly. However Trump is the only one of the two choices even remotely close to this opinion (which I don't think is racially motivated, to him American Minority>Foreigner) and he also has a Vance on his ticket to be in his ear about things. He is a big old asshole who shoots his mouth off but is still a better choice than Kamala Harris because she is the status quo (at best) on a host of topics.

Sorry, after years of hearing, "that's racist..." around this topic, I tend to view you using "the other" and "fear of others" as code words for racism....because, well, how else did you mean them?
Interesting that you assume that I think you're a racist in your sorry-not sorry excuse. That's a you problem, not a me problem, so you may want to do some introspection. When I say fear of the other, I mean exactly what @crazed_hoosier2 was talking about here, what @Marvin the Martian was talking about here, and what brad was talking about here. You know...the conversation that I was responding to. You didn't seem to have a problem when COH used the term here, so maybe you could get stop with your fevered caricatures and, if you want to have a conversation with me, actually respond to the conversation that I was having. Not surprised that @stollcpa liked your post because that's how he rolls, but disappointed that @Spartans9312 did.

And fascinating that you made this post complaining about someone accusing you of saying something you didn't say immediately after doubling down on doing just that:
I stopped reading when you said I was advancing anything about eating cats. I didn't and none of the videos I posted did. Before I got to that point I did see you wanting to talk about the "quality of the people" who were commenting. How modern liberal of you.
You make it really hard to take you seriously, Crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Interesting that you assume that I think you're a racist in your sorry-not sorry excuse. That's a you problem, not a me problem, so you may want to do some introspection. When I say fear of the other, I mean exactly what @crazed_hoosier2 was talking about here, what @Marvin the Martian was talking about here, and what brad was talking about here. You know...the conversation that I was responding to. You didn't seem to have a problem when COH used the term here, so maybe you could get stop with your fevered caricatures and, if you want to have a conversation with me, actually respond to the conversation that I was having. Not surprised that @stollcpa liked your post because that's how he rolls, but disappointed that @Spartans9312 did.

And fascinating that you made this post complaining about someone accusing you of saying something you didn't say immediately after doubling down on doing just that:

You make it really hard to take you seriously, Crazy.
Talking about "the other", we are becoming a nation where the opposite party is "the other". In the CNN show about James Carville, he gave a huge number of Americans that do not know anyone of the other party. I don't remember the number, but it was very large. So I looked, it appears 19% of Americans do not know people of another party.

Talking about "the other", we are becoming a nation where the opposite party is "the other". In the CNN show about James Carville, he gave a huge number of Americans that do not know anyone of the other party. I don't remember the number, but it was very large. So I looked, it appears 19% of Americans do not know people of another party.

Unfortunately the extremes are recruiting larger number. Pitiful that we can’t coexist with those we don’t agree with. The petty name calling on these boards is proof positive

That's what happens when extremes capture too much sway via the primary elections.

in case you haven’t been paying attention they are working and the employers are thrilled have them
Maybe Tyson is happy.
27% on Medicaid.
Hospitals, general healthcare, school, housing, public safety, quality of life, are all critical ..
'Unsustainable' according to elected officials.
But Tyson is happy.

Fascism thrives in the former Republic, 'The United States of America'.

Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
Maybe Tyson is happy.
27% on Medicaid.
Hospitals, general healthcare, school, housing, public safety, quality of life, are all critical ..
'Unsustainable' according to elected officials.
But Tyson is happy.

Fascism thrives in the former Republic, 'The United States of America'.
Then let’s round them all up and treat them like dogs and cast them to the fire. Your hero would love to do that while he spews out nonsense about how much he loves Christians

• Haha
Then let’s round them all up and treat them like dogs and cast them to the fire. Your hero would love to do that while he spews out nonsense about how much he loves Christians
There is no part of Christian ethos requiring Christians to destroy themselves, or to pay any attention to ignorant peoples' adolescent hyperbole.

Psalm 10:15

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT