ADVERTISEMENT

transgenders in sports

Then you guys must be a couple brain dead liberals. Guilt by association.
Nip it in the bud. The whole liberal plan is here and there this doesn't matter, as long as they don't care. You are right on this shouldn't even be an issue but we had a president that was going on about transgender bathrooms . Do you remember him? Once again some things seem pretty simple on this to quote the girl in Kindergarten Cop ''boys have a penis, girls have a vagina'' Did we really need laws and boycotts over which public bathroom to use? I am winging it here but thinking if I was a dude out in a dress for a day I would have timed things out pretty well and watched liquid intake so this wouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: DANC
Who owns and runs the media, Hollywood, professional sports, political office, and the banks?

They can control the narrative and dominate propaganda.

Knowing the truth has lifted the blinders off my eyes.

They want the US finished (if it already isn't ) and just get another country to fight their wars.

They killed my savior.
Did you literally just type all that out and hit post reply? Is this satire?

Reactions: outside shooter
Wait, what?

600k is over twice as many casualties that we have taken in any war, never mind it was in a little over a year. The death toll isn't done yet.

It's set up to be one of the deadliest years in our history...but the damage to mental health and small businesses will be viewed as a greater catastrophe?

Don't agree with you on that one Ranger.

It's hard to make a case that an outcome is worse than death at a macro and micro level, especially death at twice the level of WW2.
We’ll see.

I just find it downright silly that this is being made into some kind of huge problem that needs addressed by the legislatures of the various states, all of which seem to be Republican. Let the sports associations or conferences or federations deal with it -- if it ever comes up. And if it ends up in court somewhere, so be it.
This is probably right. Even if we don't all agree on whether the answer is self-evident, or whether some discussion is warranted, it's almost certainly true that the legislature is the wrong place for that discussion to happen. Various sports governing bodies were already dealing with this as they saw fit; it should have been left to them.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I'm just ridiculing the notion that this is even worth discussing, yet alone legislating.
What has kindof gotten lost in the pages was the question of....is this to the point of it being a massive issue? Is there an epidemic of tranny athletes kicking women out of women sports?

Or....

Is it another heated, emotional discussion that we basically are all in agreement with but we disagree in the level of fervor, set to occupy air space and discussion in place of more relevant and important discussions....like CRT (lol j/k).

I have had this discussion in real life twice, both by right wing friends who brought it up in anger and disgust, acting like it's running rampant in our schools.

Very small sample size but matches what you are saying.

I don't know.
How is this even a thing that needs discussed?
This is a mental health issue not an athletic issue.
I'm with you pretty much all the way on this topic but you lose me on the 'mental health' issue/statement.

Are you saying that trans is a mental health issue?

That leads down the path of something that can and needs to be 'cured'.

Nip it in the bud. The whole liberal plan is here and there this doesn't matter, as long as they don't care. You are right on this shouldn't even be an issue but we had a president that was going on about transgender bathrooms . Do you remember him? Once again some things seem pretty simple on this to quote the girl in Kindergarten Cop ''boys have a penis, girls have a vagina'' Did we really need laws and boycotts over which public bathroom to use? I am winging it here but thinking if I was a dude out in a dress for a day I would have timed things out pretty well and watched liquid intake so this wouldn't be an issue.

We're (as a libtard) are simply saying where on the national priority list does this fall? Because we still have a high level of unemployment, we have businesses scratching and clawing their way back and we have the largest vaccination logistical plan (and now sell) to implement among other things like the middle east conflict, immigration overflow, the complete withdrawal from Afghanistan by Sept 11th, the infrastructure bill, the police reform bill.....and we're talking about Tranny's in sports or Mr. Potato Head's Nuts.

We're (as a libtard) are simply saying where on the national priority list does this fall? Because we still have a high level of unemployment, we have businesses scratching and clawing their way back and we have the largest vaccination logistical plan (and now sell) to implement among other things like the middle east conflict, immigration overflow, the complete withdrawal from Afghanistan by Sept 11th, the infrastructure bill, the police reform bill.....and we're talking about Tranny's in sports or Mr. Potato Head's Nuts.

I can't disagree with any of that and when I look at who is in charge of this it is just frightening .

I don’t think anyone here rates it but we all like sports and it’s novel and marv raised some interesting bio issues and jdb posted a funny pic and it’s a topic that allows us to comfortably assume our predictable sides so it’s something else to help kill a rainy wed - beats trying to explain to my stoker why the recycle guy won’t take loose amazon boxes

Reactions: TommyCracker
I don’t think anyone here rates it but we all like sports and it’s novel and marv raised some interesting bio issues and jdb posted a funny pic and it’s a topic that allows us to comfortably assume our predictable sides so it’s something else to help kill a rainy wed - beats trying to explain to my stoker why the recycle guy won’t take loose amazon boxes
I don't mind the topic at all, it's an interesting one to banter about.

I can't disagree with any of that and when I look at who is in charge of this it is just frightening .
Appreciate the first part of your post.

Not sure if the second part is a rip on Goat, Biden or the gd libs in general but, thanks for the honest reply.

I don't mind the topic at all, it's an interesting one to banter about.
I think it's a good topic because, even if Marv is right and it doesn't really have a whole lot of real-world effects, the handful of places where it does do strongly intersect with some individual lives, and in a way that doesn't provide for easy answers. The problems that are easy to solve, even if they are big ones, don't really make us better thinkers. The problems that are hard to solve, even if they are tiny, do.

Appreciate the first part of your post.

Not sure if the second part is a rip on Goat, Biden or the gd libs in general but, thanks for the honest reply.
Trust me who is in charge of a message board makes me little difference but the things you bring up and looking at who is in leadership of the country flat out is scary

Reactions: DANC
I don’t know how common this is or whether this is a solution in search of a problem but your account of youth sports is off by more than a decade goat. Those values and lessons are long gone. Parents are psychotic and dropping $10k or more a year for little Jane and they expect that investment to pay off. Youth sports have lost their way - I can only imagine the response to a trans athlete from the majority of these modern off the rails parents if they thought jane’s chances were being compromised
That is still the minority, by a wide margin.

Wait, what?

600k is over twice as many casualties that we have taken in any war, never mind it was in a little over a year. The death toll isn't done yet.

It's set up to be one of the deadliest years in our history...but the damage to mental health and small businesses will be viewed as a greater catastrophe?

Don't agree with you on that one Ranger.

It's hard to make a case that an outcome is worse than death at a macro and micro level, especially death at twice the level of WW2.
Well, you're wrong......per usual.

The Civil War accounted for at least 615,000 deaths, and new estimates have it closer to 750,000.

But, I bet you weren't counting those pesky Southerners as Americans. Not at all surprising.....

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
I'm with you pretty much all the way on this topic but you lose me on the 'mental health' issue/statement.

Are you saying that trans is a mental health issue?

That leads down the path of something that can and needs to be 'cured'.
All the folks that I have dealt with in a professional setting have been searching for a "cure" (your word) or a treatment (my preferred term)

I just find it downright silly that this is being made into some kind of huge problem that needs addressed by the legislatures of the various states, all of which seem to be Republican. Let the sports associations or conferences or federations deal with it -- if it ever comes up. And if it ends up in court somewhere, so be it.
Nah, screw that. "Just let it be and let things work themselves out" is a total joke coming from people who back a "Progressive" Party. Not letting small things work themselves out is literally baked into the make up of the left. It is the reason that these bills have to be considered in the first place.

Well you're wrong......per usual.

The Civil War accounted for at least 615,000 deaths and new estimates have it closer to 750,000.

But, I bet you weren't counting those pesky Southerns as Americans. Not surprisingly.....
Thanks for the data. I used Wikipedia American deaths in combat and yeah, it must not count the south as being 'Anerican' during that time.

Does it change the point? Nope, not one bit.

We've lost around the same amount as we did in the civil war in a fourth of the time.

Please don't come back with % per million or some other diversionary argument....the point was there was an excessive amount of death.

Only answer if you disagree and why.

Thanks.

So was homosexuality back in the day.
"back in the day" craziest back in the day is that you used to be able to get social security disability for being a drunk. there's an old bar called colombos where they'd cash their checks for them and plop them right down at the bar

• Haha
So let me get this straight....your takeaway from the Renee Richards saga in the late 70's is well, he/she didn't win any tournaments? So no harm, no foul....

Ok, fine..... but Richards was 43 fracking years old when he/she turned pro. Competing against some ladies at least 25 years her junior, in a sport where youth is an asset, especially among females.

Oh, and despite being far from his athletic prime, Richards still rose to be 20th in the world.

Bad example, Marv.
The issue is about fair competition. The question is about having a distinct physical advantage over the people you're competing against because you claim to be a member of that sex. Claiming to be a female is not be enough. The must be a standard that all competitors must meet. What that standard is, and how is measured, I don't know. It seems logical. as McMurtry suggested, that muscle mass, hormone levels, bone density, would be factors, what else, I don't know. Everyone should have a problem with any state that allows a biological male compete against girls without first setting a physical standard that must be met before they can compete. It must be an empirical standard that is testable. The participant ( and his/her attorneys) cannot be allowed to set the standard. To me, this has nothing to do with what a person claims to be, it is about what sex a person is proven to be through a scientifically verifiable test. Some might say that testing transgenders (.5-.7% of pop.) is not fair. Not testing them before allowing them to compete against girls is unfair to 51+% of the population.

I have nothing but sympathy for a boy who has an sexual identity problem. It would be a horrendous personal issue to deal with. But to disadvantage all female athletes based solely on someone's self identification is wrong.

I don't disagree. At some point common sense has to enter the picture.

The shame is that this wasn't dealt with at the various sports' organizations/federations/committees level. That would have prevented the Limbaughs and the Hannitys and the DeSantis's from making political hay out of it.

For the trans athlete, while I can sympathize, sometimes life just isn't fair. I sometimes think I'm tall, dark, and handsome, but that doesn't mean GQ owes me a cover shot.
Oh, right. Conservative talk show hosts and politicians are the problem.

Not the obvious unfairness of biological males competing in women's sports. No, everyone would have been fine with it, if not for Hannity, Limbaugh and Desantis.

I really thought you were smarter than that. Guess I was wrong.

Reactions: Lucy01
It's only a non thing if you aren't a female that has a male competing against you in a sport. How is it a non issue just because your liberal diety isn't bringing it up? Of all the liberal BS I hear this is one of the best. Oh its OK to let Johnnie be Joanie and run track against other girls because he feels like a woman. There is a point where the whole every one is equal falls apart because we arent all equal in every sense. men and women playing chess ? Fine , whether their minds work exactly the same isnt an issue vs biological males feeling like a woman and competing against biological women. It's ridiculous.Maybe the level should be set by whether they are actually capable of having children? You do realize there are differences in men and women right?
Uncle Mark really jumped the shark on this issue and has fully exposed his political partisanship.

Nah, screw that. "Just let it be and let things work themselves out" is a total joke coming from people who back a "Progressive" Party. Not letting small things work themselves out is literally baked into the make up of the left. It is the reason that these bills have to be considered in the first place.
Excellent post!

Gender dysphoria is a condition per the DSM-V. It requires treatment.

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

Interesting.

I can't figure out by quick reading it if the therapy is encouragement or discouragement.

It does say this under 'treatment'....

'Psychological attempts to force a transgender person to be cisgender (sometimes referred to as gender identity conversion efforts or so-called “gender identity conversion therapy”) are considered unethical'.

So I apologize wholeheartedly if he was saying encouragement treatment vs some kind of conversion therapy, but since he (or she) labeled it as a mental health issue then I'm assuming the latter.

For me I don't understand it but if it's a personal source of happiness, why can't we just leave them be in their personal happiness as long as they aren't forcing their will onto others?

Circling back to the OP, I think that last line is in play which is why I agree with the concensus with trans athletes.

Thanks for the link.

"back in the day" craziest back in the day is that you used to be able to get social security disability for being a drunk. there's an old bar called colombos where they'd cash their checks for them and plop them right down at the bar
That's actually pretty awesome!

Reactions: mcmurtry66
That's actually pretty awesome!
absurd right. i can't remember when you could no longer claim alcoholism as an impairment . i want to say mid to late 90s. that social security disability stuff is an odd area of the law. i don't know if it's still the case but for years a non lawyer could represent claimants through application, request for consideration or whatever they called it, and the actual hearing.

Last edited:
Nah it's more that we get a little squimish passing legislation that is more likely just going to raise the public vitriol against a group of people who are already being ostracized, cast out and bullied for an epidemic that doesn't really exist beyond an exception bases.

Add to that DeSantis signed his bill on the first day of pride month to what, send a message of what?

Nah it's more that we get a little squimish passing legislation that is more likely just going to raise the public vitriol against a group of people who are already being ostracized, cast out and bullied for an epidemic that doesn't really exist beyond an exception bases.

Add to that DeSantis signed his bill on the first day of pride month to what, send a message of what?
stir the pot. drives me nuts. he can't help himself

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT