ADVERTISEMENT

transgenders in sports

so the real question is, other than the one in 50,000 people M-F transgender who thinks they should compete in women's sports, who else is pushing this agenda with money and media that the vastly overwhelming majority think is beyond idiotic.

Oh, I dunno, let me think... DeSantis maybe?

The only people making an issue out of this are Republican politicians and right wing bomb throwers.
I don’t know if that’s true or not, but i suspect you’re wrong as it relates to parents actually involved. I’ve posted it before but as nutty as we’ve become as a society the “sport parent” is the worst version imaginable.

The bills I’ve read don’t prohibit transgender athletes from playing; they just have to play with the gender they were at birth. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. Every decision we make carries consequences....

Reactions: Crayfish57
My point was that this wouldn't be a topic for discussion without the DeSantis's and the Carlsons using it to stir up shit. They're the ones making a stink about this non-thing, not AOC or Kamala or Rachel.

Not true. There are bills all over the country. Like 40 or somewhere close. Now they may be a pretense to further culture wars/attacks but it’s not limited to DeSantis.

My point was that this wouldn't be a topic for discussion without the DeSantis's and the Carlsons using it to stir up shit. They're the ones making a stink about this non-thing, not AOC or Kamala or Rachel.
It's only a non thing if you aren't a female that has a male competing against you in a sport. How is it a non issue just because your liberal diety isn't bringing it up? Of all the liberal BS I hear this is one of the best. Oh its OK to let Johnnie be Joanie and run track against other girls because he feels like a woman. There is a point where the whole every one is equal falls apart because we arent all equal in every sense. men and women playing chess ? Fine , whether their minds work exactly the same isnt an issue vs biological males feeling like a woman and competing against biological women. It's ridiculous.Maybe the level should be set by whether they are actually capable of having children? You do realize there are differences in men and women right?

Not true. There are bills all over the country. Like 40 or somewhere close. Now they may be a pretense to further culture wars/attacks but it’s not limited to DeSantis.
I used the phrasing "the DeSantis's" for a reason. He's just a prime example. As is Carlson.

To be fair and I don't know, but to echo what was said before I don't think that kind of conversion is happening but like I said, I haven't drilled down on the topic.

Is it legal to have transgender surgery or hormonal therapy under the age of say 18?

I would think that states would be shutting that down pretty quickly.

Surgery and hormone therapy are two very different things, and even within the realm of hormone therapy there's a wide range of treatments. There's not some huge rash of children getting reassignment surgery, it just doesn't happen. Typically what happens for trans children is the option of delaying puberty. That's done specifically to allow time for the child to mature before making more permanent decisions. It means that secondary sex characteristics don't develop and there's still a chance to make a choice either way. Someone who begins true hormone therapy without having gone through puberty is going to have more effective results and fewer side-effects of that treatment. That all seems entirely reasonable to me that we give those children the chance to say that they may want to make that decision but wait until they mature to do something that's more difficult to undo. All that said, the research I've seen shows that the vast majority of children who express gender dysphoria don't "grow out of it" or change their mind later (I still think that this approach makes sense regardless).

Reactions: UncleMark
Not angry. Trying to understand why anyone would think it's fine for boys to be eligible to compete for a spot on a girls basketball team.
This should not be a topic that needs much discussion.
If you're a male you compete against other males in the athletic world.
Exactly.

Now tell me, who is making an issue out of this whole subject?

You either haven't read my contributions in this thread or your comprehension sucks.
The only people making this an issue out of 99% of the world are leftist just trying to be contrary. It really isn't even a political issue. If it weren't taking place the subject doesn't need brought up but it is and the only defenders are Leftist just being contrary because no one with any common sense at all can defend it.

I don't know.
How is this even a thing that needs discussed?
This is a mental health issue not an athletic issue.

Look at what legislatures are addressing this "problem". Look at which governors are signing those bills. Look at which TV commentators are giving it lip service.

Reactions: larsIU
Exactly.

Now tell me, who is making an issue out of this whole subject?
This is so disingenuous, but par for the course. It's only a culture war if the Republicans push back on this insanity. Gotcha....glad to see your up-to-date on your Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. You know the part about redefining terms.

Look at what legislatures are addressing this "problem". Look at which governors are signing those bills. Look at which TV commentators are giving it lip service.
Maybe that should tell you that you are supporting the wrong side. What the hell? What part of men competing against women because they think they are women sounds right to you? This is why liberals look/are so totally stupid, they will support completely idiotic ideas just because another democrat is for it. Do you think cauliflower is racist because AOC said it too?

This is so disingenuous, but par for the course. It's only a culture war if the Republicans push back on this insanity. Gotcha....glad to see your up-to-date on your Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. You know the part about redefining terms.
So you concede that it's the Republicans making an issue out of this. Progress.

Now, as far as the insanity goes, I don't believe I've seen anyone of any persuasion in this board claim that trans girls/women should be freely allowed to compete in girls/women's sports. The closest thing I've seen is people saying there's no evidence of this being a widespread problem and that there really is little to no advantage for the trans athlete. Yet the rhetoric from the right makes it sound like hoards of trannys are lining up to decimate girls sports, taking their scholarships and crushing their dreams.

Methinks they doth protest too much.

the vast majority of both parties realize the insanity and unfairness here, which begs the questions, what exactly is really going on here, who is yanking the strings, and why.

liberals aren't for this sht. conservatives aren't for this sht. Pubs aren't for this sht. Dems aren't for this sht.. Independents aren't for this sht.. young people aren't for this sht.. old people aren't for this sht.. nor is any gender, race, or religion, as a whole.

pick your battles, and anytime someone takes a cause to a ridiculous extreme that defies common sense of fairness, the greatest harm is to whatever cause has been taken to the ridiculous extreme, which is exactly what's going on here.

whomever with the money and amplifier is pushing this, is doing so at the expense of transgenders, not to their benefit.

makes one wonder if this isn't a false flag operation on the part of the ones with the amplifier going on here.

which makes me wonder if you are being duped, or a willing saboteur.

nothing could be more harmful to the trans community than this ridiculous push, so exactly who is really behind the pushing here supplying the money and the amplifier.
You’re far too complicated. In reality liberals are just terrified of the mob by admitting what is clearly and objectively the truth on this topic.

Maybe that should tell you that you are supporting the wrong side. What the hell? What part of men competing against women because they think they are women sounds right to you? This is why liberals look/are so totally stupid, they will support completely idiotic ideas just because another democrat is for it.
Go read post #24 in this thread and then get back with me.

So you concede that it's the Republicans making an issue out of this. Progress.

Now, as far as the insanity goes, I don't believe I've seen anyone of any persuasion in this board claim that trans girls/women should be freely allowed to compete in girls/women's sports. The closest thing I've seen is people saying there's no evidence of this being a widespread problem and that there really is little to no advantage for the trans athlete. Yet the rhetoric from the right makes it sound like hoards of trannys are lining up to decimate girls sports, taking their scholarships and crushing their dreams.

Methinks they doth protest too much.
OK so no one should protest anything and just let it all go. You make about zero sense, then again liberal thinking. So by the same thinking that only a few are competing it is OK and we should just shrug our shoulders and say wth its no big deal. Where does this thinking end? Hoards of cops aren't killing people by any means so all of the stuff people were rioting about should just be ''meh it wasn't really a whole lot of them''? Liberals and the thought process behind them are astounding

OK so no one should protest anything and just let it all go. You make about zero sense, then again liberal thinking. So by the same thinking that only a few are competing it is OK and we should just shrug our shoulders and say wth its no big deal. Where does this thinking end? Hoards of cops aren't killing people by any means so all of the stuff people were rioting about should just be ''meh it wasn't really a whole lot of them''? Liberals and the thought process behind them are astounding
It wasn't long ago 600,000 dead of COVID was no big deal to the John Birch Right. And now a handful of transsexuals in sports are a vital national interest?

I tried to discuss what advantages transexuals might have, might some sports be more problematic than others. Jamie did that in a post as well. There can be an intelligent conversation to be had, just not during the weekly Birch Society meeting.

It wasn't long ago 600,000 dead of COVID was no big deal to the John Birch Right. And now a handful of transsexuals in sports are a vital national interest?

I tried to discuss what advantages transexuals might have, might some sports be more problematic than others. Jamie did that in a post as well. There can be an intelligent conversation to be had, just not during the weekly Birch Society meeting.
Interesting stats I saw of what % of the population died last yr vs other recent years and almost no different. The only sports I can see it not being problematic aren't really sports are they? Sports is about physical abilities. I guess being a jockey maybe? Bowling? Cornhole maybe?Just what actual sport do you not see a male physique having an advantage over a female? I'm not denying womens basketball players would kick my ass . Why is this even a question? Coed softball and volleyball beer leagues are great later in life but it is very unfair in competitive sports. If you take some of the worst NBA 7 footers ever, give them a bra and play in the WNBA they are going to dominate

Is the left signing on to these bills?
If not, why not?
Are the Democratic politicians afraid of the backlash they would receive.
If anything should be bipartisan...this should be it.

Is the left signing on to these bills?
If not, why not?
Are the Democratic politicians afraid of the backlash they would receive.
If anything should be bipartisan...this should be it.
Yeah, gotta protect the children from the tranny hoards.

I don’t know what you’re doing in here with this post. This isn’t Marv. This is Marv grasping at straws.

600k dead, with the plurality of them the unhealthiest of the population doesn’t justify the damage done to the country from a mental health and small business standpoint. That will inevitably be proven in subsequent investigations.

Transgendered men competing in women’s sports will also be something our descendants will read about in their texts and shake their heads wondering what the **** we were thinking.

I don't disagree. At some point common sense has to enter the picture.

The shame is that this wasn't dealt with at the various sports' organizations/federations/committees level. That would have prevented the Limbaughs and the Hannitys and the DeSantis's from making political hay out of it.

For the trans athlete, while I can sympathize, sometimes life just isn't fair. I sometimes think I'm tall, dark, and handsome, but that doesn't mean GQ owes me a cover shot.
#24 and then you made it all about politics. Your party couldn't deal with it so you somehow turn it into a fault of the people that did stand up. Apparently what you are saying is liberals lack common sense in general and I don't disagree with you on that.

I'll refer you to post #24 in this thread.
Excellent post but you give the implication throughout this thread that this was and is a one way street from the republicans. These bills are being challenged by the aclu in court as well as defended by the lgbt community.

What’s right here - I don’t know. I don’t know enough about the biological changes and how they relate to advantages to be informed. But to imply it’s a right concocted issue/nonissue isn’t fair

Excellent post but you give the implication throughout this thread that this was and is a one way street from the republicans. These bills are being challenged by the aclu in court as well as defended by the lgbt community.

I just find it downright silly that this is being made into some kind of huge problem that needs addressed by the legislatures of the various states, all of which seem to be Republican. Let the sports associations or conferences or federations deal with it -- if it ever comes up. And if it ends up in court somewhere, so be it.

I just find it downright silly that this is being made into some kind of huge problem that needs addressed by the legislatures of the various states, all of which seem to be Republican. Let the sports associations or conferences or federations deal with it -- if it ever comes up. And if it ends up in court somewhere, so be it.
I think this is the right take.

Agreed. Our society is in a super weird place. I’ve got a rising 5th grade girl. Talking about all this stuff is a nightmare

that's just factually not true.

the vast majority of libs and Dem voters don't believe M-F trans should be competing in women's sports either.

so the real question is, other than the one in 50,000 people M-F transgender who thinks they should compete in women's sports, who else is pushing this agenda with money and media that the vastly overwhelming majority think is beyond idiotic.
Who owns and runs the media, Hollywood, professional sports, political office, and the banks?

They can control the narrative and dominate propaganda.

Knowing the truth has lifted the blinders off my eyes.

They want the US finished (if it already isn't ) and just get another country to fight their wars.

They killed my savior.

I don’t know what you’re doing in here with this post. This isn’t Marv. This is Marv grasping at straws.

600k dead, with the plurality of them the unhealthiest of the population doesn’t justify the damage done to the country from a mental health and small business standpoint. That will inevitably be proven in subsequent investigations.

Transgendered men competing in women’s sports will also be something our descendants will read about in their texts and shake their heads wondering what the **** we were thinking.
Wait, what?

600k is over twice as many casualties that we have taken in any war, never mind it was in a little over a year. The death toll isn't done yet.

It's set up to be one of the deadliest years in our history...but the damage to mental health and small businesses will be viewed as a greater catastrophe?

Don't agree with you on that one Ranger.

It's hard to make a case that an outcome is worse than death at a macro and micro level, especially death at twice the level of WW2.

It strikes me that part of the issue is there is no singular solution that would be able to handle the complexity of this. Ideally, each situation should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. For example, Tefler was already post-puberty, post-HS when the decision was made to switch and goes from a 300-ish ranking to winning a title. In the event that this happens far earlier in a child's life (pre-puberty, a concept to which I am vehemently opposed in general - but that's a side convo), there is probably a more compelling case to be made that there are limited advantages.

What are some other examples of a similar situation where policy decisions were made on an ad hoc basis? The risk

Interesting stats I saw of what % of the population died last yr vs other recent years and almost no different. The only sports I can see it not being problematic aren't really sports are they? Sports is about physical abilities. I guess being a jockey maybe? Bowling? Cornhole maybe?Just what actual sport do you not see a male physique having an advantage over a female? I'm not denying womens basketball players would kick my ass . Why is this even a question? Coed softball and volleyball beer leagues are great later in life but it is very unfair in competitive sports. If you take some of the worst NBA 7 footers ever, give them a bra and play in the WNBA they are going to dominate
u are a dumbass

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT