ADVERTISEMENT

Touch fouls called on us. Purdoo mugs us, just a tough play…

Classic Looosier fans whining about the officiating. Real classy how some of you acted after the game. Go figure.
Fouls, especially first half, were uneven, and affected the game, but didn't decide it. It was effort. Heck, PU puts more effort into how they foul, by playing physical and bumping guys with their bodies, whereas we are mostly out of position and reaching, which are more obvious fouls and easier to see and call. IU guards are also awful at absorbing contact and either playing through it or forcing a foul to be called.

But, the fouls were just a convenient excuse. PU came in determined and committed to playing hard the entire game. IU started with some energy but then ran out of steam. Good game, PU has a good team and could/should go far this year. Painter is a good coach and at least tried to address the teams deficiencies in the off season and I think Smith, Loyer, TKR and Edey all are better players this year. Programs are miles and miles apart imo, and last night just illustrated it, if anyone had doubts.

11-4 on fouls..,maybe should be 6 or 7 and 7+ against them

Just stop with the 3 seconds nonsense. You sound ignorant. I rewatched the game last night and Edey is almost never in the lane 3 seconds. I couldn’t find one example the second time I watched last night.

He’s very good at keeping one toe on the lane line and then lifting his foot that’s planted in the lane, resetting the count. And when the ball goes in to him, the count resets again. He’s been well coached in this regard.

Just stop with the 3 seconds nonsense. You sound ignorant. I rewatched the game last night and Edey is almost never in the lane 3 seconds. I couldn’t find one example the second time I watched last night.

He’s very good at keeping one toe on the lane line and then lifting his foot that’s planted in the lane, resetting the count. And when the ball goes in to him, the count resets again. He’s been well coached in this regard.
Yeah, I think they also give him credit because they see he's aware and trying to get out of the lane. Heck, if you're going to worry about ticky tacky stuff, watch Reanu when he inbounds the ball after a made basket; he's gonna get called for being over the line at some point if he's not careful.

I do still marvel at how Edey doesn't get called for more fouls playing as physically as he does. I mean, what 33/16 last night and 2 fouls? I honestly think the B10 refs had a discussion on how to ref Edey, because he's just so different, otherwise I think he'd get in foul trouble with some officials, but B10 officials seem united in how they ref him. I said it yesterday: I'd bet he's had more 0-1 foul games than 4-5, which is mind-boggling given how physical he is. Might bite them come tourney time, or maybe it's just sour grapes on my part.

PS, and, you rewatched the game last night? Yikes. Did you pluck a toenail out with pliers at each TV timeout?

Fouls, especially first half, were uneven, and affected the game, but didn't decide it.
Woodson actually did express some regret over not putting Mack back in the game sooner, when he sat after his second foul. Might not have been enough, but if he had kept shooting like he was to open the game, and we could continue get him open often enough, it would have been closer at half and maybe we dig ourselves out.

Woodson actually did express some regret over not putting Mack back in the game sooner, when he sat after his second foul. Might not have been enough, but if he had kept shooting like he was to open the game, and we could continue get him open often enough, it would have been closer at half and maybe we dig ourselves out.
I heard that, so at least good that he's reviewing and possibly rethinking decisions. But, I don't believe that was changing the outcome. I think PU was pretty embarrassed and steamed over losing to us twice last year. I think they've sat down and agreed to goals for this season and sweeping IU is one of those. They played like it meant something to them last night. I don't really enjoy watching Edey play, but there's no denying the guy has worked his *ss off and improved, and it was impressive to see him diving on the floor up 17 with 5 minutes left. They wanted this game more and it showed.

I heard that, so at least good that he's reviewing and possibly rethinking decisions. But, I don't believe that was changing the outcome. I think PU was pretty embarrassed and steamed over losing to us twice last year. I think they've sat down and agreed to goals for this season and sweeping IU is one of those. They played like it meant something to them last night. I don't really enjoy watching Edey play, but there's no denying the guy has worked his *ss off and improved, and it was impressive to see him diving on the floor up 17 with 5 minutes left. They wanted this game more and it showed.
Edey’s footwork has improved dramatically.

I don't think the 3 second rule is like it was when we all played growing up. Someone indicated that if you are making a move towards the basket with the ball then it wouldn't count.

I don't think the 3 second rule is like it was when we all played growing up. Someone indicated that if you are making a move towards the basket with the ball then it wouldn't count.
This guy is a former player and does a good job explaining it.

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT