ADVERTISEMENT

This isn’t Indiana basketball.

Wiedersehen

Junior
Jan 6, 2019
What the hell is wrong with us? Absolutely 0 fundamentals. We can’t shoot. We can’t pass. We can’t dribble. Stupid fouls all game. A coach that just sits on his ass. 19 damn turnovers!?!? Against Nebraska!?!?

What will it take to make Indiana basketball look like Indiana basketball again? The 1 on 1 isolation shit sucks to watch. Go get the best players from Indiana. This recruiting across the county, chasing stars with egos, isn’t working. Yea, we’ll surprise and win games were our athletes shine. But we all no where this season ends at this point.

This is starting to be my least favorite IU team in a long awhile. We just lost to Nebraska by 2 touchdowns. In basketball!!!

Last edited:
NBA ball just doesn’t work in college! CMW thinks otherwise and he is wrong! I wish he would take some of the plays he learned from RMK back in his playing days and run those sets! 2 bigs constantly running high/low won’t go to far, along with the pick and roll while everyone else stands around is infuriating! I can’t even remember the last time I saw an IU player set an off ball screen!? I really wish the motion offense would make it’s way back to IU some day!

What the hell is wrong with us? Absolutely 0 fundamentals. We can’t shoot. We can’t pass. We can’t dribble. Stupid fouls all game. A coach that just sits on his ass. 19 damn turnovers!?!? Against Nebraska!?!?

What will it take to make Indiana basketball look like Indiana basketball again? The 1 on 1 isolation shit sucks to watch. Go get the best players from Indiana. This recruiting across the county, chasing stars with egos, isn’t working. Yea, we’ll surprise and win games were our athletes shine. But we all no where this season ends at this point.

This is starting to be my least favorite IU team in a long awhile. We just lost to Nebraska by 2 touchdowns. In basketball!!!
Coaching..?

We were told Woodson was hired to bring back iu ball. It's NBA ball not iu ball at all.

Unfortunately, yes, this is what Indiana basketball is. And it's been this way for quite some time.

Reactions: SRIV94 and dr.jb
We were told Woodson was hired to bring back iu ball. It's NBA ball not iu ball at all.
Unfortunately it’s outdated NBA stuff at that. Our spacing is horrible. Most good current NBA teams spread things way out and have incredible ball and player movement.

Even when we do bring Kalel and Malik away from the basket more, the ISO stuff we end up running clogs driving lanes.

We don’t do enough to creat double gaps. And it’s obvious our players aren’t tought to seek them out when we do create them.

How many turnovers tonight because our guys attacked congested, single gaps, and ran in to help defenders that were aggressively helping?? A lot.

Unfortunately it’s outdated NBA stuff at that. Our spacing is horrible. Most good current NBA teams spread things way out and have incredible ball and player movement.

Even when we do bring Kalel and Malik away from the basket more, the ISO stuff we end up running clogs driving lanes.

We don’t do enough to creat double gaps. And it’s obvious our players aren’t tought to seek them out when we do create them.

How many turnovers tonight because our guys attacked congested, single gaps, and ran in to help defenders that were aggressively helping?? A lot.
If Woody wants to run an NBA offense, then he needs to be way better at roster construction for spots 1-3. Guys that can dribble, create offense, and shoot. It's like trying to run the option with Peyton Manning. His offense ends up being post centric, and Big Ten coaches shut it down. As is, this offense simply does not consistently produce good looks: I'm tired of looking at it.

I don’t have a high estimate of this team nationally but they still manage to underperform the expectations that I do have.

Giving up 15 steals is just terrible basketball. Nebraska had 27 points off turnovers while we had 6-huge difference to make up elsewhere. Say 70 total possessions and if 20% end in steals then you are effed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMobe

Relax, you said this team can win the B1G. LoL

Reactions: bailey777
Was a terrible hire 3 years ago. Nothing has changed. Woody will get his great retirement bonus and a pat on the back on his way out.

Worst Archie team finished 71 in Kpom, his 1st year. Think we will best that hurdle?

Was a terrible hire 3 years ago. Nothing has changed. Woody will get his great retirement bonus and a pat on the back on his way out.

Worst Archie team finished 71 in Kpom, his 1st year. Think we will best that hurdle?this weekend.
NET ranking before this game was 102 so might drop a small amount further when NCAA posts rankings after this weekends games. We have been pretty stable at about 100.

NBA ball just doesn’t work in college! CMW thinks otherwise and he is wrong! I wish he would take some of the plays he learned from RMK back in his playing days and run those sets! 2 bigs constantly running high/low won’t go to far, along with the pick and roll while everyone else stands around is infuriating! I can’t even remember the last time I saw an IU player set an off ball screen!? I really wish the motion offense would make it’s way back to IU some day!
Yeah, the style of offense that works in the NBA against the best players in the world run definitely won't work in the dramatically inferior and less skilled realm that is college basketball, there's just no way! /s

We look like a very poorly coached team but hey I’m still waiting to watch and learn how Woody is going to turn this around . 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: BigMobe
He’s better than Archie!!! Whine and cheese
This forum is a Time Machine.

The funny thing is that those who whine about the whining must realize that the recollections of our past coaches continue to age like fine wines.

Davis, Crean, miller …. They just get better with time.

But, there’s hope! Right now it’s rinse and repeat. Get a new coach. Oh wait, he stinks …. Time for a new one. At some point the negative posters will be wrong.

Or will they?

The funny thing is that those who whine about the whining must realize that the recollections of our past coaches continue to age like fine wines.

But, there’s hope! Right now it’s rinse and repeat. Get a new coach. Oh wait, he stinks …. Time for a new one. At some point the negative posters will be wrong.

Or will they?
IU has been awful in hiring. They hired one good coach since Knight. Sampson

Or will they?
If X played tonight.. we win comfortably

If X played tonight.. we win comfortably
X looked exactly like I expected. Anyone who thought he was going to step right back in and be productive was fooling themselves. It always takes guys awhile to get readjusted when they've sat out that long, especially a player who exhibits such highs and lows like X. We need him and will be better in the long run, but we were going to have to overcome some unsteadly play from him, and will for a few more games. But, that's still no excuse for the rest of the team looking like DS.

Worst Archie team finished 71 in Kpom, his 1st year. Think we will best that hurdle?
I haven’t lost hope yet. This team has way too much talent to suck. Woody teams normally play hard, that has not been the case. We are getting dominated on loose balls and 50/50 rebounds. Our guys are soft. That is something that should change, we never have looked this soft under woody.

X looked exactly like I expected. Anyone who thought he was going to step right back in and be productive was fooling themselves. It always takes guys awhile to get readjusted when they've sat out that long, especially a player who exhibits such highs and lows like X. We need him and will be better in the long run, but we were going to have to overcome some unsteadly play from him, and will for a few more games. But, that's still no excuse for the rest of the team looking like DS.
Gunn and banks can transfer now. I have lost all hope for both. I’d rather play leal. Can’t believe I just said that.

I haven’t lost hope yet. This team has way too much talent to suck. Woody teams normally play hard, that has not been the case. We are getting dominated on loose balls and 50/50 rebounds. Our guys are soft. That is something that should change, we never have looked this soft under woody.

Did Trayce cover up this many flaws? For all the 'talent', we've had our ass flat kicked in half of our legitimate games.

And barely squeezed by several shitty teams in several other games.

Did Trayce cover up this many flaws? For all the 'talent', we've had our ass flat kicked in half of our legitimate games.

And barely squeezed by several shitty teams in several other games.
Could be. Maybe not a great comparison, but one that shows how you can be fooled would be in the NFL with Russell Wilson. Russ was thought to be a sure fire HOFer because of the Seattle D and coaching, now he is literally being paid to go away like Tom Allen. Another example of someone that sucked but was masked by the talent of a few around him.

Woody is old as piss. The only thing that he has really impressed me with is his recruiting and how tough the teams play. Archies team made me puke because of effort level. We are approaching nauseousness.

Could be. Maybe not a great comparison, but one that shows how you can be fooled would be in the NFL with Russell Wilson. Russ was thought to be a sure fire HOFer because of the Seattle D and coaching, now he is literally being paid to go away like Tom Allen. Another example of someone that sucked but was masked by the talent of a few around him.

Woody is old as piss. The only thing that he has really impressed me with is his recruiting and how tough the teams play. Archies team made me puke because of effort level. We are approaching nauseousness.
One great player can make a much larger impact in CBB than in football.

Reactions: Cavanagh

I agree with you on many things but don’t see how you can have impressive recruiting and hard play with disappointing scoreboards and no season on season improvement. If the players leave that are reasonable to expect will leave (transfers or draft) then next season a repeat or even worse than this season. He was fortunate that TJD stuck around or last season would have been hellish.

Courtesy of Tony Adragna, looking at the last 3 years of Crean, last 3 years of Archie, and last 2.5 years of Woodson... In those years, Crean had 8 (15+) Blowouts, Archie had 12 (15+) Blowouts, and Woodson has already had 14 (15+) Blowouts.

Woodson wouldn’t have even got a look from most power 5 schools. Only reason he got gig was because he is an alum
There was a trend to hire former NBA players, like Juwan Howard and Penny Hardaway. The idea is to sell an NBA style of play and the ability to get players to the NBA. Woody had also coached in the NBA. Interesting idea in theory.

There was a trend to hire former NBA players, like Juwan Howard and Penny Hardaway. The idea is to sell an NBA style of play and the ability to get players to the NBA. Woody had also coached in the NBA. Interesting idea in theory.
Yes but those guys also had better name recognition and are much younger. They also have all failed

Don’t knock the guy for wanting a good program at IU.
Everyone here wants a good program for IU ... but not everyone is a childish lil' B about it. His post is dumb AF .. there's no quality or knowledge there, it's just whining, like a lil' B.

Reactions: hickorytree1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT