ADVERTISEMENT

This isn’t Indiana basketball.

Everyone here wants a good program for IU ... but not everyone is a childish lil' B about it. His post is dumb AF .. there's no quality or knowledge there, it's just whining, like a lil' B.
Disagree this is a message board by fans and his post is exactly what everyone is asking themself. You just happen to always chime in to be the board asshole

Disagree this is a message board by fans and his post is exactly what everyone is asking themself. You just happen to always chime in to be the board asshole
I remember the good old days when he said in one word what takes him 30 words now.

Decent… he hasn’t done what a calipari did there but he has been solid
Funny to think about how NBA players would be as college coaches. Shaq would be good, pizza after every practice. Draymond would put players in a choke hold when they screwed up and Arenas would always have his pistol ready to put a cap in someone’s butt. When you think about it it does seem unlikely that former NBA players would be great college coaches.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Steph Curry would just say pull up and take the 35 footer when you are open-simple. Poor Steph if he had to coach this team.

Was a terrible hire 3 years ago. Nothing has changed. Woody will get his great retirement bonus and a pat on the back on his way out.

Worst Archie team finished 71 in Kpom, his 1st year. Think we will best that hurdle?
But at least we will never have to listen to guys like Joe Hillman and others about how you have to hire an IU guy. They were truly convinced just hiring an IU was the key to major success.

Courtesy of Tony Adragna, looking at the last 3 years of Crean, last 3 years of Archie, and last 2.5 years of Woodson... In those years, Crean had 8 (15+) Blowouts, Archie had 12 (15+) Blowouts, and Woodson has already had 14 (15+) Blowouts.

Soon to be 16 (15+) blowouts. I'm sure we'll reach twenty before the end of the season.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
IMO the radical changes brought about by NIL and the portal makes any comparison with previous coaches irrelevant.

The school to our north has figured out how to recruit disciplined players who seem more than happy to lay everything on the line for the name on the front, not the back

Reactions: bsmitty08
The school to our north has figured out how to recruit disciplined players who seem more than happy to lay everything on the line for the name on the front, not the back
This was not by accident. This IU team reminds me of Purdue 2013-2014. Painter completely abandoned recruiting players who would not listen, work hard or be coachable. This is a culture that has to be built brick by brick with players who are willing to redshirt or sit the bench for a year to learn the system. There is no guarantee of playing time. If you come and earn your spot - you will play. NIL and portal constructed teams might buy you success for a while. But it's fleeting. UK wanted Calipari's head because they had no sustained culture of excellence.

Yea, I know - FDU, right. But Painter has really protected the integrity of how the game should be played - not just chasing the Machiavellian goal of a national championship.

I was listening to pre-game interviews last week and something stuck out to me. Off the top of his head, Paint went through several Indiana players and talked about their game by game development in detail so far this year. He went all the way back to players from the IU Purdue rivalry back to 1989, and he knew their performance in detail. When I listened to Woodson - I'm not even sure he knew that much about Purdue's roster outside of Edey.

I listened to some audio of Paint's pregame comments before taking the floor - he sounded just like Bob Knight!! In fact I had to listen to that audio piece a couple of times because it sounded so much like Knight in tone and message. Painter is as close to Knight in terms of the integrity of the game than anyone I can think of.

Jay Wright probably fits that bill - but you can tell by listening to him he was no longer interested in coaching in the NIL and portal world.

Last edited:
NBA ball just doesn’t work in college! CMW thinks otherwise and he is wrong! I wish he would take some of the plays he learned from RMK back in his playing days and run those sets! 2 bigs constantly running high/low won’t go to far, along with the pick and roll while everyone else stands around is infuriating! I can’t even remember the last time I saw an IU player set an off ball screen!? I really wish the motion offense would make it’s way back to IU some day!
I'd love to see the motion offense too, but you need shooters to run it

With the condition of this team as it is....you cannot worry about current recruits. After all, if a coach like Beard or Pearl were to come....they are going to have completely different ideas about the makeup of the roster and individual players they need to continue with their success. It isn't about what the recuit thinks about the new coach...its what the new coach thinks about the recruit. IU hasn't got the coaching decision right since it fired RMK. Any reason to think that is going to change?

Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT