ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 snobbiest burbs in Indiana. Guess this makes me a snob.

That may be a factor, but I think it's not a big one.

I base my opinion completely on the fact that every time I went to a sporting event that Carmel HS was in, their fans were the most arrogant assholes I have ever been around. Entitled pricks would be the nicest thing I could say.

Fortunately they lost more often then not and then they were entitled pricks losers, which made them bigger assholes, but more fun to laugh at. Granted this was 20 years ago.

Haha you are a hippie bitch that I'd laugh about when lined up against you.

That is a FACT, no offense.

C'mon man....

Even 20 years ago, the difference between Cabrini Green (before it was demolished) and "a few blocks north" was the absolute difference between affluence and abject poverty. In a three block stretch. Cripes, you could go two blocks east and be on N. Wells Street in the heart of Old Town.

The townhomes and condos located along North at Halsted might as well have been a million miles away....
Don't c'mon man me. I didn't say I lived with in a crack house, I said I lived and played hoops in an area with a lot of overlap. I don't remember you being out there at any point. And I know all about when the condos went up. I paid my rent by renovating a brownstone for my boss at the beginning of the revitalization of the neighborhood in the North/Clybourne/Sheffield area. This was mid-late 90's. I'm pretty confident that I'm more knowledgeable on this particular topic.

Oh, I only mostly drive through Pendleton Pike. I did live a few blocks north of Cabrini Greens in Chicago for a number of years though. There's a blacktop basketball court at North and Clybourne where I played a lot of ball back in the day--meaning before they turned into yuptopia. Lot of borderline gangbangers and some not so borderline. Only had a problem one time. Also played a lot at Webster and Halstead before they put the "new" St. Vincent DePaul Center there.

I get along with all kinds of people and spending time on the Magnificient Mile, or Pike, or CARMEL, or Hillsdale, or Geist doesn't phase me in the least. Sounds like you're much the same way. Growing up where I did, I knew how poor white people lived. I went to the army and learned that all poor people, regardless of color, lived pretty much the same way and had pretty much the same options available. Also gained a much better perspective of other cultures, something I never would have learned in Vermillion County.

You're right, I was mostly joking, but we all have our experiences with those who think they're better than the guy making an honest living picking up cans on the side of the road. I believe Carmel and Fishers have a concentration of such people and it's likely not entirely their fault. If I hadn't got out of Vermillion County I would be just as ignorant of people of different races as those folks are of people of different socio-economic backgrounds.

Yeah, but there is a stark difference between Cabrini Green and one block in either direction of it. We used to play at UIC (whipped up Corey Maggette's team), and in taking a wrong turn I suddenly walked into what looked like a street fair. Turns out it was Cabrini Green, and according to the tournament host the streets are safer than the buildings. That was 1995.

Don't c'mon man me. I didn't say I lived with in a crack house, I said I lived and played hoops in an area with a lot of overlap. I don't remember you being out there at any point. And I know all about when the condos went up. I paid my rent by renovating a brownstone for my boss at the beginning of the revitalization of the neighborhood in the North/Clybourne/Sheffield area. This was mid-late 90's. I'm pretty confident that I'm more knowledgeable on this particular topic.
I think this is you, then? You had a good jumper, but had no hops....

tumblr_o1rybdAqhJ1u4n7tco1_540.png

Reactions: ovaltine
I think this is you, then? You had a good jumper, but had no hops....

tumblr_o1rybdAqhJ1u4n7tco1_540.png
That's not too far from the truth. I got called a lot of names back then--everything from Kevin McHale to Joe Wolfe and a few other choice cracker and honky's thrown in. No lie, I actually got called a honky. I didn't know anyone actually used that word. Mostly I got called white boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT