ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Crean and Vanderbilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done nothing of the sort, though I'm not surprised that you're wholly lacking in a meaningful response. You pointed accused someone of myth-making while offering nothing of substance in support. That's why you aren't credible. And, no, I've never once deluded myself into believing you'd offer anything other than your standard inanities. Again, it's why you have absolutely no credibility here.
Actually you have ..just click on your profile...it will list your posts....pretty repetitive....:D

Last edited:
He rode DWade to that FF and then hit his a$$ handed to him by the same guy who handed it to him this season. And ever since then he's been averaging at least one guy per class in saying "you remind me of DWade".

I went back this morning to look at what he did that year. Does he get any credit for beating the #1 team, Kentucky in the tournament? How about the #5 team and Big East champion Pitt Panthers, coached by Ben Howland?

By my count, that year they beat the ACC champion Wake Forest
Big Ten Champion, Wisconsin
Big East Champion, Pitt
SEC Champion #1 Kentucky

In looking at the Kansas game, I don't recall the game itself other than a blowout, but the boxscore appears that they missed just about everything they took. That usually means you are going to lose badly. Ask Oklahoma.

In your world of hatred, these don't count.

I went back this morning to look at what he did that year. Does he get any credit for beating the #1 team, Kentucky in the tournament? How about the #5 team and Big East champion Pitt Panthers, coached by Ben Howland?

By my count, that year they beat the ACC champion Wake Forest
Big Ten Champion, Wisconsin
Big East Champion, Pitt
SEC Champion #1 Kentucky

In looking at the Kansas game, I don't recall the game itself other than a blowout, but the boxscore appears that they missed just about everything they took. That usually means you are going to lose badly. Ask Oklahoma.

In your world of hatred, these don't count.

That Marquette team certainly had some great wins. Unfortunately, there was no defense to hold them close while the offense soured against an equally skilled offensive team. Their defense ranked #119 that year.

Reactions: russelltodd
Here is one... the mediocrity myth...you have been pushing that one quite often...not to mention the sweet 16 ones or even the higher standards one... :)
He's progressed beyond the Sweet 16 while coaching IU? Do tell! And how many times in 17 seasons as a head coach? Please help us all dispel these myths, like the whopper about internal punishment for HP that you flat out lied about.

He's progressed beyond the Sweet 16 while coaching IU? Do tell! And how many times in 17 seasons as a head coach? Please help us all dispel these myths, like the whopper about internal punishment for HP that you flat out lied about.
I think he is talking about the myth that people are happy with sweet 16's which is not accurate at all.

I think he is talking about the myth that people are happy with sweet 16's which is not accurate at all.
Then why do you and Chey and a few others vigorously defend the coaching and program management that has only produced that result in its very best seasons, with nothing to suggest that there will be any improvement beyond that level? In other words, your actions tend to speak much louder than your words. And, when asked to defend your positions, you and others complain about officials or the NCAA seeding process or the burden of having to play in the Big Ten Tournament or the challenge of "rebuilding" 8 years into the job . . .

The excuses never stop, just as the results never go beyond a certain threshold.

Then why do you and Chey and a few others vigorously defend the coaching and program management that has only produced that result in its very best seasons, with nothing to suggest that there will be any improvement beyond that level? In other words, your actions tend to speak much louder than your words. And, when asked to defend your positions, you and others complain about officials or the NCAA seeding process or the burden of having to play in the Big Ten Tournament or the challenge of "rebuilding" 8 years into the job . . .

The excuses never stop, just as the results never go beyond a certain threshold.
Just because we defend him does not mean we are totally satisfied with the results. I just don't think bitching and moaning about it does any good since the AD is not going to worry about what people on the message board thinks. I am just more of a positive person and think we are heading in the right direction. It appears that the roster management is getting better and the classes are more balanced. I never have complained about the officials or blamed the seeding process for the reason we lost in the tournament. Two of those losses came to a 1 seed so how is that a surprise that we lost those games.

Just because we defend him does not mean we are totally satisfied with the results. I just don't think bitching and moaning about it does any good since the AD is not going to worry about what people on the message board thinks. I am just more of a positive person and think we are heading in the right direction. It appears that the roster management is getting better and the classes are more balanced. I never have complained about the officials or blamed the seeding process for the reason we lost in the tournament. Two of those losses came to a 1 seed so how is that a surprise that we lost those games.
As I said, you defend the status quo, as you admitted you do. Suggesting that you may not like it is empty when your defense of it is so vigorous and your efforts to silence any and all critics are so comprehensive. You say one thing but do another, and it's why you guys don't have any credibility.

So...if people are not happy with sweet 16's....then would that mean they are unhappy with them?
That would be puzzling, since so many bash those who actually verbalize their (our) unhappiness with Sweet 16's.

As I said, you defend the status quo, as you admitted you do. Suggesting that you may not like it is empty when your defense of it is so vigorous and your efforts to silence any and all critics are so comprehensive. You say one thing but do another, and it's why you guys don't have any credibility.
Believe whatever you want but it is not even close to being correct. If you told me that Stevens or Marshall would come tomorrow then I would go down and help Crean pack. To me there was no way you could have fired him after this year and expect to hire a coach who is better than Crean. First we are not going to get any of the elite coaches to come here and if we fired him this year then you would not get the candidates they we would want. I just think a coach would say that if they fired Crean after the year he had why would I want to go there and leave my good job.

So...if people are not happy with sweet 16's....then would that mean they are unhappy with them?
That would be puzzling, since so many bash those who actually verbalize their (our) unhappiness with Sweet 16's.
How is that complaining working for you since Crean is still here. If I thought that complaining and bitching would make a difference I would be right there with you but it does no good. So why not look at things positive and be happier than being miserable knowing nothing is changing.

How is that complaining working for you since Crean is still here. If I thought that complaining and bitching would make a difference I would be right there with you but it does no good. So why not look at things positive and be happier than being miserable knowing nothing is changing.
You totally missed my point. I was responding to a comment that "no one is happy with a sweet 16" and the obvious implication that is derived from it.

The sarcasm is applied to illustrate my disbelief that "no one is happy with a sweet 16". I believe that there are many who are perfectly content with that or less.

Last edited:
You totally missed my point. I was responding to a comment that "no one is happy with a sweet 16" and the obvious implication that is derived from it.

The sarcasm is applied to illustrate my disbelief that "no one is happy with a sweet 16". I believe that there are many who are perfectly content with that or less.
Myth

I have not seen one person who stated they are content with sweet 16's

Look quit twisting...the mediocrity myth is the one where you are saying some fans accept mediocrity...myth...that they are satisfied with a sweet 16 only ...myth...that a certain group of fans have higher standards ...myth...
You are lying about the HP punishment it was stated in a couple of articles...which I did indeed posted in response to your challenge at the time.

Are you saying that he made HP do stuff like run so it was ok that he only got a two game suspension after blowing 3 times the legal limit?
Where did i say that? Making things up once again...actually would have been three games...had the Iowa game not been changed... the addtional punishments were internal...and was not necessarily left up to only CTC... it was not made public... the articled noted that additional punishments were ongoing

Where did i say that? Making things up once again...actually would have been three games...had the Iowa game not been changed... the addtional punishments were internal...and was not necessarily left up to only CTC... it was not made public... the articled noted that additional punishments were ongoing
I asked a question, where did I make something up? Please show me, I'm dying to find out what I made up, let alone, made up "once again"

I was trying to understand what you are trying to say/imply. Jeez, maybe you need a nap?

Fwiw, I don't care what the internal punishments were, or if the Iowa game would've been played yada yada, Two games isn't enough for a super DUI. Sadly TC isn't the only coach to take drinking and driving too lightly

I asked a question, where did I make something up? Please show me, I'm dying to find out what I made up, let alone, made up "once again"

I was trying to understand what you are trying to say/imply. Jeez, maybe you need a nap?

Fwiw, I don't care what the internal punishments were, or if the Iowa game would've been played yada yada, Two games isn't enough for a super DUI. Sadly TC isn't the only coach to take drinking and driving too lightly
what makes you think he took it lightly?

HP only missing two games. At the minimum it should've been 3, and I don't care if a game was cancelled. MLB suspensions don't count rainouts why should TC? :) With HPs incredibly high BAC level five games would've been my choice. HP didn't have one too many, and make a poor judgement call...he had about 12 too many and put lives at risk.

You forgot to show me where I made something up, "once again". A sorry will suffice

HP only missing two games. At the minimum it should've been 3, and I don't care if a game was cancelled. MLB suspensions don't count rainouts why should TC? :) With HPs incredibly high BAC level five games would've been my choice. HP didn't have one too many, and make a poor judgement call...he had about 12 too many and put lives at risk.

You forgot to show me where I made something up, "once again". A sorry will suffice
Didn't forget ...you put words in my mouth that i didn't say... just question about what I posted not a tangent you wanted to go off on... the public punishment might have been light in your mind...ok but does not mean CTC took it lightly

Didn't forget ...you put words in my mouth that i didn't say... just question about what I posted not a tangent you wanted to go off on... the public punishment might have been light in your mind...ok
I didn't put anything anywhere, I asked for a simple clarification on your position. its ok, your non sensical denial is admission enough for me:)

He is not defending status quo at all... he sees progess being made which you can not... he is not trying to silence anyone... he is challenging outlandish statements....myths if you will :)

I didn't put anything anywhere, I asked for a simple clarification on your position. its ok, your non sensical denial is admission enough for me:)
Thanks! But you did...was not taking a position... was talking about additional punishment to another poster... you brought in your tangent...nice new name by the way...

When Hanner got busted on Feb 14, a guy retweeted a tweet to CTC that he had sent to him in December.

The December tweet said "Hanner driving around Yogi Ferrell drunk."

Again, that was in December - BEFORE Perea turned 21 in January. As much as Crean was into Twitter back then (he stopped / was forced off Twitter after DD got hurt), you're gonna expect us to believe he didn't see it in December? And, if not, he SURE had to have seen it (the re-tweet) in February.

So with all that, the max games HMP would have missed if the Iowa game wouldn't have changed things (according to you) is 3 - along with running the steps. No wonder they had the discipline issue they've had the last 3 years.

Thanks! But you did...was not taking a position... was talking about additional punishment to another poster... you brought in your tangent...nice new name by the way...
I wasn't sure what you were trying to say, That's why I was asking for clarification.... You then made it into something that it wasn't. Seems as though you just enjoy arguing, noted

Last edited:
When Hanner got busted on Feb 14, a guy retweeted a tweet to CTC that he had sent to him in December.

The December tweet said "Hanner driving around Yogi Ferrell drunk."

Again, that was in December - BEFORE Perea turned 21 in January. As much as Crean was into Twitter back then (he stopped / was forced off Twitter after DD got hurt), you're gonna expect us to believe he didn't see it in December? And, if not, he SURE had to have seen it (the re-tweet) in February.

So with all that, the max games HMP would have missed if the Iowa game wouldn't have changed things (according to you) is 3 - along with running the steps. No wonder they had the discipline issue they've had the last 3 years.
please post link to december tweet... secondly that quote you give is a bit cryptic... which one was drunk... and how was that determined? And you think with all the haters tweets..how do you determine what is credible and what is not? How did you determine Crean was forced off Twitter?
Where did this running steps come from?

You in every thread
Go back and read the two posts before you jumped in...i was making no position statement...you just chimed in and I responded to your hijacking of a hikacking of another hijacking of even another hijacking (and It goes on)... of an idiotic thread!:D

He is not defending status quo at all... he sees progess being made which you can not... he is not trying to silence anyone... he is challenging outlandish statements....myths if you will :)
Of course he's defending the status quo, as are you. By the way, there's nothing on the web regarding your invented in house punishment for HP. The only myth maker is you.

Go back and read the two posts before you jumped in...i was making no position statement...you just chimed in and I responded to your hijacking of a hikacking of another hijacking of even another hijacking (and It goes on)... of an idiotic thread!:D
Now you're arguing that I wasn't asking for a simple clarification...be happy that you found what you love doing, arguing. Some people go their entire lives without finding what truly makes them happy. Congrats

Now you're arguing that I wasn't asking for a simple clarification...be happy that you found what you love doing, arguing. Some people go their entire lives without finding what truly makes them happy. Congrats
Yes you created something that was not being discussed...did you have fun? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT