ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen must be a Bulldog when it comes to recruiting

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
Just looking at some of the kids he brought in the fold this year, the man must be one very determined recruiter. I hope he can get to a bowl game this year because our recruiting will blow up. It's not easy recruiting after two 5-7 seasons but he has done pretty well.

We are a good coordinator away from getting the Bucket back where it belongs. Our QB play will determine how far we go, IMO.

Just looking at some of the kids he brought in the fold this year, the man must be one very determined recruiter. I hope he can get to a bowl game this year because our recruiting will blow up. It's not easy recruiting after two 5-7 seasons but he has done pretty well.

We are a good coordinator away from getting the Bucket back where it belongs. Our QB play will determine how far we go, IMO.
Improved OL play wouldn't hurt, either.

He is basically a handful of plays away from two straight bowls after inheriting a weak OL and a terrible QB situation.

With OL improvement, QB options and (hopefully) an upgraded OC...he best get over the hump quickly.

We are a good OL and DL away.

In exit interview, Debord shared how Allen is building program the right way for long term success, no shortcuts. I think that is really true. 1st S/C. 2nd Stacking great recruiting classes. 3rd - In second season naming new OC & DC coordinators. 4th - relinquishing HC duties. 5th - going into 3rd year with a lot of wisdom from first 2 years and no lack of passion for getting over the hump, but yet still sticking to his plan.

Believe the OL/DL has added some big dudes who are B10 worthy to compete. We now have B10 worthy RBs in house. We return B10 worthy WR's and continue to add new talent. And most importantly, we now have 2 4-star QB's with 4 yrs of eligibility ahead of them. I'm betting on Penix, but that alone is first time in forever to have the B10 level QB talent too.

On Defense, like OL, restocking the DL with B10 worthy big uglies. Just added 2 more very athletic LBs to go with some young guns we saw this year. And the DB's room is stacked with the most/best athletes they've had in a long, long time. As in no more walk ons or 2-star specials, but multiple athletes.

Can't wait to see who new OC is as well as the final 5 recruits. 5-7 is not far from 6-6 or better and I still believe IU is going to get there next year b/c the talent pool returning is still strong (what 50-55 kids) and 25 new good recruits coming in, a good handful of which will be good enough to contribute in the 2-deep next season. Coaches get a lot smarter when they have legit talent on the field. It's building!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT