ADVERTISEMENT

I asked AI(not the basketball player) about Tom Allen and this is what it said

Jul 17, 2011
I did ChatGPT and Google Bard, yet ChatGPT was pretty lame, so I skipped. Overall it's not bad in my opinion.

Google Bard Response
Whether or not Tom Allen is a good football coach is a matter of opinion. Some people believe he is a very good coach, while others believe he has not had enough success to be considered a good coach.

Allen's record at Indiana is 30-40, but he has won some big games and has elevated the program's recruiting. In 2020, he led Indiana to its first bowl game in over 30 years and was named the Big Ten Coach of the Year.

However, Allen has also had some disappointing seasons, including a 2-10 record in 2021. Additionally, some people have criticized Allen's in-game coaching decisions.

Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they believe Tom Allen is a good football coach. There is no right or wrong answer.

Here are some of the things that Allen's supporters point to as evidence of his coaching ability:

• He has a proven track record of success as a defensive coordinator.
  • He has elevated Indiana's recruiting to new heights.
  • He led Indiana to its first bowl game in over 30 years in 2020.
  • He was named the Big Ten Coach of the Year in 2020.
  • He is a passionate and energetic coach who is well-liked by his players.
Allen's critics point to the following things as evidence that he is not a good coach:

• His overall record at Indiana is 30-40.
  • He has had some disappointing seasons, including a 2-10 record in 2021.
  • He has made some questionable in-game coaching decisions.
  • Indiana has struggled to compete with the top teams in the Big Ten.
Only time will tell whether or not Tom Allen will be a successful head coach in the long term. However, he has shown some flashes of brilliance during his time at Indiana.

Last edited:
I did ChatGPT and Google Bard, yet ChatGPT was pretty lame, so I skipped. Overall it's not bad in my opinion.

Google Bard Response
Whether or not Tom Allen is a good football coach is a matter of opinion. Some people believe he is a very good coach, while others believe he has not had enough success to be considered a good coach.

Allen's record at Indiana is 30-40, but he has won some big games and has elevated the program's recruiting. In 2020, he led Indiana to its first bowl game in over 30 years and was named the Big Ten Coach of the Year.

However, Allen has also had some disappointing seasons, including a 2-10 record in 2021. Additionally, some people have criticized Allen's in-game coaching decisions.

Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they believe Tom Allen is a good football coach. There is no right or wrong answer.

Here are some of the things that Allen's supporters point to as evidence of his coaching ability:

Allen's critics point to the following things as evidence that he is not a good coach:

Only time will tell whether or not Tom Allen will be a successful head coach in the long term. However, he has shown some flashes of brilliance during his time at Indiana.

Google Bard Response

Elevating recruiting to new heights is questionable, either the recruiting ratings are garbage or we can't coach. It's one or the other

Google Bard Response

I am very leery of AI.
I thought the writing was rather stilted. It just did not flow like a normal human.
So far, I think I can tell the difference between the fake of AI and real. With time, likely not.

It gets basic facts wrong about the program. AI has a long way to go.
1) Models like bard and GPT were trained on data that is no longer current. It doesn’t do a terrific job with questions about today’s topics.
2) Where it doesn’t know something, often times, the models just make something up.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT