ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket plans

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
Any thoughts on any new wrinkles in tickets options this coming year?
I feel like they may be considering some type of tier pricing.
Need to think outside the box to get some behinds in the seats.
Who exactly has the final say when it comes to prices,packages and promotions?
I assume it’s Fred but I would think others would have some input as well.

Who has the final say? Most likely the same group
that thought $70.00 for a walk-up ticket purchase
was a good idea. The Kelley School should put out
a statement indicating they had nothing to do with
such a crazy policy.

such a crazy policy.

That’s a god recommendation there. Can they get a game theory prof in the mix here!

such a crazy policy.

They have some of the top business, finance and Econ profs and students in the country right on campus, you would think they would utilize the next I-Core for this purpose.

Reactions: CC Mac
For those of us living out of state, a 3 game mini package would be great. Say, 2 B1G plus a noncon package for $150. A four-ticket pack mini plan for $550 would be great too.

Reactions: CC Mac
So should IU reimburse season ticket holders for paying full price when there are bad weather games/weak opponent/worse than expected seasons too?

Or only offer the deals and savings to the fickle fans?

So should IU reimburse season ticket holders for paying full price when there are bad weather games/weak opponent/worse than expected seasons too?

Or only offer the deals and savings to the fickle fans?

season tic holders get points, the primo games, better seats.

i remember when Dreamer used to complain a bunch about offering any discounts, cause he didn't anyone paying less than him, despite no points, worse seats, no guarantees for the high demand games.

not every seat in a big stadium is created equal, and no points, no reserved seat, worse seats, no guarantees for the Michs and OSUs, and PUs, would qualify for a lesser price imho.

i have no idea how successful the NEZ gated community has been, or how much those with seats there like them, but using the NEZ for GA no points discounts. would seem the easiest way to go. (and don't over complicate the discounted seats to the point you don't sell a ton).

requiring the purchase of multiple tics or multiple games is going to be counter productive if your goal is a significant increase in attendance..

when discussing discounts we need to ask ourselves first, how successful do we want to be.

do we want to increase attendance 1,500, or 5,000 or 10,000 a game.

that said, start with free attendance for IU students.

someone with skills could make it work.

first you need a desire to significantly increase attendance though, and not just wishing for it. but a willingness to make it happen..

no doubt the powers that be preach sacrifice all day every day to the players.

to escape the clutches of Einstein's definition of insanity on the attendance thing, will also take sacrifice on the athletic dept's side.

didn't see any of that last yr.

IU has clung to the "hope for a miracle" strategy for a long time.

make it happen, rather than just wish for it.

I can get behind different sections/rows being priced cheaper than orhsrs...and a season ticket holder could opt for that cheaper seat as well...

Reactions: 76-1
Mini packages make the most sense. Two price levels based on seat location and inclusion of cumulative VC points. They also need to be more aggressive in marketing the recent grad seats, that is a hell of a deal.

Oh, and sales of $10 Return passes allowing nearby parkers to get back in after halftime. Free money Fred.

Reactions: DANC
Mini packages make the most sense. Two price levels based on seat location and inclusion of cumulative VC points. They also need to be more aggressive in marketing the recent grad seats, that is a hell of a deal.

Oh, and sales of $10 Return passes allowing nearby parkers to get back in after halftime. Free money Fred.
I do like the idea of charging for passouts - good idea!

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT