ADVERTISEMENT

This is why no one stays!

ILikeTDs

Redshirt
Sep 17, 2011
Every single game. You know how it's going to end. Doesn't matter if we are up 200 points, in everyone's minds there are saying "IU IS GOING TO LOSE".

Ahhh I am so frustrated if you couldn't tell!

Every single game. You know how it's going to end. Doesn't matter if we are up 200 points, in everyone's minds there are saying "IU IS GOING TO LOSE".

How about if fans stay and cheer for their team maybe they wouldn't play like this. It has to be demoralizing to come out of the locker room in a close game against a good team and see the stadium half empty. What really good recruit would want to come to play for this terrible fan base who can't stay in the stands for 4 quarters and who is more interested n getting drunk and making a fool of themselves.

It's alright...liquor sales in the stadium with solve everything...not...

You know Im in my 5th decade watching IU FB and it just occurred to me that what we are seeing now is what it has always been, including Mallory. We have only stepped up and beat a good opponent a very few times in all those years. And the games many many times looked just like this one.

How about if fans stay and cheer for their team maybe they wouldn't play like this. It has to be demoralizing to come out of the locker room in a close game against a good team and see the stadium half empty. What really good recruit would want to come to play for this terrible fan base who can't stay in the stands for 4 quarters and who is more interested n getting drunk and making a fool of themselves.

Because people aren’t stupid and don’t want to see the Washington Generals find a way to blow yet another game. Crowd size has no bearing on special teams coverage and whether or not the punt returner holds on to the damn ball.

Because people aren’t stupid and don’t want to see the Washington Generals find a way to blow yet another game. Crowd size has no bearing on special teams coverage and whether or not the punt returner holds on to the damn ball.
Then stop complaining about how bad IU is because a lot of it has to do with fan support. You need great players to win and no really good recruits will want to come here and play for this fan base who does not support your team. If you can come n for the first half then you should stay for the whole game and actually support your team. Like I said all of those fans who don't come back should be identified and they should lose their season tickets.

Then stop complaining about how bad IU is because a lot of it has to do with fan support. You need great players to win and no really good recruits will want to come here and play for this fan base who does not support your team. If you can come n for the first half then you should stay for the whole game and actually support your team. Like I said all of those fans who don't come back should be identified and they should lose their season tickets.
Though I agree completely with your sentiment, fans did not lose this game. The staff and players did...in their heads and on the field. Breakout season? What a sick joke...

You're going to confiscate 15,000 season tickets (at minimum)? And you think that will increase support of the program? What a great idea.

How about putting a winning team on the field and stop with all the excuses. IU needs to win if they want broader support and all the excuses in the world won't change that fact.

Though I agree completely with your sentiment, fans did not lose this game. The staff and players did...in their heads and on the field. Breakout season? What a sick joke...
Where did I say that the fans lost the game but we lose games because we don't have enough talent to win against the good teams. If we had better fan support then we more than likely get better talent which would help winning games like this. Also you can't tell me players would not be demoralized seeing the stadium that empty after halftime in a close game and that would effect your play.

You're going to confiscate 15,000 season tickets (at minimum)? And you think that will increase support of the program? What a great idea.

How about putting a winning team on the field and stop with all the excuses. IU needs to win if they want broader support and all the excuses in the world won't change that fact.
Those fans who leave at halftime does not deserve to have tickets.

Reactions: Lillyr66
Where did I say that the fans lost the game but we lose games because we don't have enough talent to win against the good teams. If we had better fan support then we more than likely get better talent which would help winning games like this. Also you can't tell me players would not be demoralized seeing the stadium that empty after halftime in a close game and that would effect your play.
It's obvious you've never competed in athletics. Ever.

You always defend poor coaching...how can you blame fans for Special Team play today? Oh yeah, I forgot that you defended Crean for 9 years. Quit being ridiculous...

Yet again you would be totally wrong which is the norm for you. It is surprising that you have not been banned for the 30th time with your condescending arrogant tone and you keep coming here where no one likes you.
Then how is it possible that you know so little about sports, as your posts continually demonstrate?

You always defend poor coaching...how can you blame fans for Special Team play today? Oh yeah, I forgot that you defended Crean for 9 years. Quit being ridiculous...
Yet I said the special teams coach and OC needs to be let go and Allen needs to give up the DC position. I did not defend Crean's actual coaching but I stood up for him on this board whem people totally made everything personal. I called for his head after all the off the court stuff and after the embarrassing loss at Duke.

Yet I said the special teams coach and OC needs to be let go and Allen needs to give up the DC position. I did not defend Crean's actual coaching but I stood up for him on this board whem people totally made everything personal. I called for his head after all the off the court stuff and after the embarrassing loss at Duke.
You just said “a lot of it has to do with fan support.”
Now you want coaches fired...you are more confused than our special teams!

Reactions: IUgradman
You just said “a lot of it has to do with fan support.”
Now you want coaches fired...you are more confused than our special teams!
Never said it was everything but the lack of fan support does not help the situation. What top coach or players would want to come here and paly for a fan base that can't stay for the second half.

Hey, Scott led his church basketball league in scoring for one game or something like that.
Actually played 17 years in the church league and averaged over 15 points a game. I also played some in high school and intramurals in college. Also you can know the game without being a great player as well.

Stop watching if you fee that way! Everyone is frustrated but I saw a future ahead thhtat looks very bright and a team that does not quit!

We all know why he defended Crean and the reason he is defending this coach. For several years I hoped Crean would realize he needed to change. He refused to adjust. I hope this coach doesn’t make the same mistake. You must learn from your mistakes.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT