ADVERTISEMENT

This is on Fred Glass

Bottom line: Fred's the AD till he:

A) shoots someone And gets convicted
B) steals something " " "
C) Retires

You pick the most likely scenario of the three above...

Also, Kevin is no longer our head coach and seems quite happy where he's ended up.

Once we all come to grips with these two facts maybe we will be able to move on to discuss actual football topics...;)

Well where do we hang our hat this year?

I certainly agree we blew some games the last couple years we should have won. Could've been 8-4 both years very easily. Probably should have been 8-4. But still getting to the bowl games was a big accomplishment. I wouldn't say momentum "waned" with back to back 6 win seasons.

They had momentum going into last season.

C) Retires

Also, Kevin is no longer our head coach and seems quite happy where he's ended up.

Once we all come to grips with these two facts maybe we will be able to move on to discuss actual football topics...;)

I don't think Fred will do this until he retires. He has some other interests and the pay isn't that great.

I don't think Fred will do this until he retires. He has some other interests and the pay isn't that great.
Fred's 58 years old (same IU class as me) and financially set. He will retire from this job unless the BOT finds some reason to fire him. Personally, I think he's done a great job and I'm glad to have him at the wheel.

Reactions: MrBing and 76-1

C) Retires

I was being told a year ago the exact same thing with Crean. "He'll be here until he decides to leave. Just accept it. He's the best we can get. Be happy we have him." This BS was being shouted everywhere. And it's no more true with FG than it was with TC.

I was being told a year ago the exact same thing with Crean. "He'll be here until he decides to leave. Just accept it. He's the best we can get. Be happy we have him." This BS was being shouted everywhere. And it's no more true with FG than it was with TC.
Glass makes more money at IU than he ever made in his law practice. There's a reason why he jumped at a job that will pay him handsomely, and at the very highest end of his ability to earn, for as long as they'll have him, even though he's toward the bottom of BT AD's compensation-wise.

There was a lot of pressure from BOT and others to retain Crean because he had "resurrected" the program, was strong academically, and played by the rules. He was "safe" "good enough" for those that accept mediocrity. Glass got it done...a year late, but got it done.

As I said, Imdint think Glass will stay more than a couple more years. He has other interests and can make a lot more money on the outside.

There was a lot of pressure from BOT and others to retain Crean because he had "resurrected" the program, was strong academically, and played by the rules. He was "safe" "good enough" for those that accept mediocrity. Glass got it done...a year late, but got it done.

As I said, Imdint think Glass will stay more than a couple more years. He has other interests and can make a lot more money on the outside.
Once again, this is completely untrue. Glass wanted to retain Crean. Crean's ouster was driven overwhelmingly by the efforts of a certain trustee. Suggesting otherwise is simply not true.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Fred's 58 years old (same IU class as me) and financially set. He will retire from this job unless the BOT finds some reason to fire him. Personally, I think he's done a great job and I'm glad to have him at the wheel.

IIRC he makes about $450K as AD. Partners at FBD make a fair bit more than that. Doubt he would return to Corp Law, see consulting as a pathway where he can make his own schedule, select projects of interest and make twice the money.

Doesn't surprise me, lawyers are over paid and have a license to steal.

IIRC he makes about $450K as AD. Partners at FBD make a fair bit more than that. Doubt he would return to Corp Law, see consulting as a pathway where he can make his own schedule, select projects of interest and make twice the money.
FG made a sh!+-ton of money before taking the AD job at IU. I don't think money is now a real motivating factor for him. If he loves this job - as he says repeatedly he does - I don't see him leaving because something is financially more lucrative.

I don't know him personally but he's a friend of a friend of mine. If he is the type of guy who thrives on work and activity, I see him staying in this job awhile. If he longs for the simpler life of having plenty of leisure time, he might not stick around for too many more years. As always, lots of things can change quickly (health, conflicts with your boss, personal circumstances, etc) and who's to say whether FG is here for the long haul or only a short while.

Doesn't surprise me, lawyers are over paid and have a license to steal.

Most of my attorney family and buddies, as well as my own attorneys are not overpaid. They make a lot of money comparatively...when they are good and they make money for others. We can debate the injury and class action segment, but IMO not the corporate and litigation folks (there are exceptions of course).

FG made a sh!+-ton of money before taking the AD job at IU. I don't think money is now a real motivating factor for him. If he loves this job - as he says repeatedly he does - I don't see him leaving because something is financially more lucrative.

I don't know him personally but he's a friend of a friend of mine. If he is the type of guy who thrives on work and activity, I see him staying in this job awhile. If he longs for the simpler life of having plenty of leisure time, he might not stick around for too many more years. As always, lots of things can change quickly (health, conflicts with your boss, personal circumstances, etc) and who's to say whether FG is here for the long haul or only a short while.

Ultimately him.

He made good money before, certainly more than he makes now...he says he loves the job and certainly loves IU, we shall see.

Didn't see this thread until a few minutes ago, so I'm late to the party so to speak. However, it's a bit disappointing that I had a thread in the hoops forum a week ago about our AD should be replaced. And for unknown reasons, it got deleted. On top of that, I'm fairly sure a few fragile egos that couldn't handle some local criticism of IU sports in general, must have reported it and got me banned. One guy even thought I was a ghost account, which it wasn't. I've seen others use profanity, name calling, and flat out verbal abuse and are still around. Mine had none of that. In case anybody saw the thread, it was titled "The best thing about yesterday".

Didn't see this thread until a few minutes ago, so I'm late to the party so to speak. However, it's a bit disappointing that I had a thread in the hoops forum a week ago about our AD should be replaced. And for unknown reasons, it got deleted. On top of that, I'm fairly sure a few fragile egos that couldn't handle some local criticism of IU sports in general, must have reported it and got me banned. One guy even thought I was a ghost account, which it wasn't. I've seen others use profanity, name calling, and flat out verbal abuse and are still around. Mine had none of that. In case anybody saw the thread, it was titled "The best thing about yesterday".

Busy little bee aren't you. One only has to look at your timeline to see that you are an anti-IU troll.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Busy little bee aren't you. One only has to look at your timeline to see that you are an anti-IU troll.
Obviously you can't read or generalize on something you have terrible guesswork at. My timeline means nada. Let's just say I had to "rejoin" if that helps your astute comprehending skills from my previous post above. I am for IU. That doesn't mean I can't vent about our teams and call out the responsible people and parties within. Enjoy your day, but I assure you, you are wrong on your lazy assumptions.

Gradman is correct, if IU doesn't value winning as much as other schools do, they're doomed to losing more often than not. Winning should be the number one focus of any major athletic department, especially when alumni and other boosters are donating money to the school in hopes of WINNING. People don't send big money donations so their school can lead the way in student athlete GPAs. It sounds good but people want to WIN, they don't give a hoot if every kid on the team is passing with a D+ or C-, I promise.
Have to strongly disagree with this statement. This is not the XFL.

Reactions: muubell
Obviously you can't read or generalize on something you have terrible guesswork at. My timeline means nada. Let's just say I had to "rejoin" if that helps your astute comprehending skills from my previous post above. I am for IU. That doesn't mean I can't vent about our teams and call out the responsible people and parties within. Enjoy your day, but I assure you, you are wrong on your lazy assumptions.

You're right, that was lazy of me. I should have added that you could just be an idiot.

if Wilson ever had a great yr here he would have been gone before the bowl game was played under a fill in coach, so nothing great long term was going to happen there. (and who shows up for their 1st head coaching job drunk and disorderly)?

i've criticized Glass for some facilities decisions, but hiring Allen was a great call.
So at the same time must be critical of FG for hiring Wilson??

You're right, that was lazy of me. I should have added that you could just be an idiot.
Swing and miss again. First you call me a troll, and now an idiot. Who's really the troll? I'll let the public decide. You have already trolled me in another thread plus this one. If you want to go to war and get schooled be my guest. I have been an IU fan my whole life and will put you in your place. So far, everything you have assumed is 0% accurate.

Reactions: I loved lucys
Lol. So why did you have to rejoin? Could it be that the mods agree with my assessment? There is a difference between post game venting and banging on stuff like it's your job. So you either an idiot or you want to pretend to be an IU fan and act like an idiot. Which is it?

Lol. So why did you have to rejoin? Could it be that the mods agree with my assessment? There is a difference between post game venting and banging on stuff like it's your job. So you either an idiot or you want to pretend to be an IU fan and act like an idiot. Which is it?
You are truly one special piece of work. Mods don't ban people for being an idiot, like you sure seem to be. If that were the case, more than half the crowd in here would be gone. The biggest problem you have, is that you can't comprehend anything that I have posted.

You are truly one special piece of work. Mods don't ban people for being an idiot, like you sure seem to be. If that were the case, more than half the crowd in here would be gone. The biggest problem you have, is that you can't comprehend anything that I have posted.

Thus far you haven't posted anything of substance to comprehend, so there's that.

Our guys have a shut out at the half. Maybe you two could quit arguing long enough to enjoy watching these seniors play their last half of football in Bloomington.

Reactions: cshartle123
I️ think he has looked outstanding...drops have hurt and not his fault....looks good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT