ADVERTISEMENT

There were some great moments at Blackhawk Christian last night

VanPastorMan

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2002
Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
Before the game Ft Wayne Blackhawk dedicated to court to Coach Marc Davidson who died this year from cancer. The first points scored on the newly christened court were by his son Jimmy Davidson. Marc's dad was his high school coach in Aurora IL and talked about how his son scored 2300 pts and pulled down 1900 rebounds during his career. Marc still has the rebounding record. Fort Wayne North made special bracelets that were given to players,coaches and cheerleaders in honor of Coach Davidson which I thought was a very classy thing to do. For those who don't know Matt Roth is the new coach there. I thought they looked pretty good as they won the game against Ft Wayne North. Their best player last night was a 6'8" sophomore named Kellen Pickett. He is noticeably bigger than he was last season. He was a decent freshman, but you can tell he has taken a big step forward in his abilities. Here is the game if anyone is interested. All in all it was a touching night.

Uninteresting story.

I lived a mile away from BHC a few years in the late 80s. After moving to another HS a friend of mine at the new HS who was a low/average level bball player in gym class transferred to BHC and because they only had 70 or so boys at the school, he made their HS team. I found that amazingly terrible.

Haven't lived in FW for nearly 30 years, is BHC a much bigger school now?

Uninteresting story.

I lived a mile away from BHC a few years in the late 80s. After moving to another HS a friend of mine at the new HS who was a low/average level bball player in gym class transferred to BHC and because they only had 70 or so boys at the school, he made their HS team. I found that amazingly terrible.

Says 750-950 so yes

Uninteresting story.

They are still a 1a school but because they have had success in recent years ie winning state championships they play up to 2a for the tourney. Take a look at the video I posted. For years now they have played pretty decent ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT