ADVERTISEMENT

The subtle racism of Tamar Bates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m assuming in Tanzania the Black population outnumbers that of White, therefore there are more Black cops than White ones on a typical police force. Are these Black cops killing a higher percentage of the White minority than their own? Remember, it was White man who forced their ancestors into hard labor centuries ago. Are they still making Whites pay for the transgressions of their White ancestors, as we see here on American turf? I’m not talking impoverishing income levels, but superficial skin tones...that cry of racism thing dominating our present culture. I’ve wondered this before here and on Facebook and have never gotten a statistical response based upon the latest scientific fact of the moment.
Correct, there are more black cops in Tanzania and the answer to your question is no, they are not killing more white minorities. Strange how even though you say it was their ancestors that were slaved by those "white men", yet somehow....they still manage not to abuse them in the same manner police abuse blacks in the U.S. Why is that? Thank you for proving everyone's point so eloquently.

You shined a bright light on your racism. Again, it is impoverishing income levels that has society in the position it is today. Unfortunate as it may be for you, there is no way to eliminate that from the conversation to fit some weird racist argument you are trying to make. A VASTLY higher percentage of the black community (vs white) are impoverished and it has been that way since we "abolished slavery". Really all we did was start state run prisons in the South, packed them with blacks and instituted free prison labor all in the same year they lost the civil war. Ironic, isn't it? Blacks have filled the prisons since then and if we were to eliminate free prison labor we could cripple the economy. So as much as you want to keep turning a blind eye to what the root cause of the issue is, you will continue to be called out for your beliefs. Be mad, sad, you name it but you can't hide from the truth.

Lastly, why is it your only focus is about making whites pay for transgressions? You are ONLY worried about trying to create arguments about what you "owe" black people as a means to navigate yourself out of the real conversation. The question at hand is why stand back and allow these transgressions to continue to happen when we have the ability to stop it? Whether you have been able to grasp it or not, there is only one answer.....

Are you saying the police still would have murdered him if he was white?

I'm just happy the kid did not say he was committing to the University of Indiana.
I said the police would have done the same thing as in the same procedures to handle someone who is resisting arrest like George Floyd did. When I first saw the small video everyone saw right after Floyd died I was appalled. But when I saw the full video I realized how much Floyd was resisting arrest and it changed my mind on what the true story was. Would a white person die? It is very possible. I do not believe for one second after seeing the full video that they targeted or mistreated George Floyd BECAUSE of his race. Now the issue is the policeman on top of him. Was he paying attention or believing Floyd who had earlier said before there were wrestled him into the ground he couldn't breathe? His mistake was thinking Floyd was not telling the truth. Floyd couldn't breathe before he was on the ground because he had a lot of fentanyl in him. I think he was being truthful before he was wrestled down and while on the ground.

Another generalization... Problem is beliefs are passed onto younger generations and take root in some sections of society. Education and Understanding is key

I agree here. Though the passing down to generation has got significantly harder with this generation because of the internet. It has allowed typically uneducated children to educate themselves and form different beliefs/opinions than their parents.

More unarmed whites are killed by cops than any other demographic. FBI statistics are your friend.
Once again, if you think white people and black people have been treated the same by law enforcement, you don't have a clue. Books are your friend: check them out.

Reactions: 82hoosier
More unarmed whites are killed by cops than any other demographic. FBI statistics are your friend.

Did you just recycle a HORRIFIC stat? Again, its not just the number of unarmed whites vs number of unarmed blacks. What about the differences in populations of said race....among many other stats? Do whites take up 60% of all of those unarmed deaths by cops and blacks only 12%? Because it would take at least that to make things "equal", just within those two parameters, so to speak. But it goes even deeper than that so even that stat continues to skew the data.

Just know that using that statement alone is about as idiotic as it gets. Do better.

Reactions: brianiu
Did you just recycle a HORRIFIC stat? Again, its not just the number of unarmed whites vs number of unarmed blacks. What about the differences in populations of said race....among many other stats? Do whites take up 60% of all of those unarmed deaths by cops and blacks only 12%? Because it would take at least that to make things "equal", just within those two parameters, so to speak. But it goes even deeper than that so even that stat continues to skew the data.

Just know that using that statement alone is about as idiotic as it gets. Do better.
I have a feeling you are casting pearls before swine. The nuance of proportion is something that some cannot process.

• Haha
Reactions: YOTHN
Certain people avoid this fact like the plague. Floyd was a pos and had what was coming to him.
Oh so you think police have the right to be executioners if a guy is a “bad guy? “ No trial, just take em out. Interesting.

There's all kinds of topics and headlines but he was talking about an unarmed man being killed. I stayed on topic. You should also.

Once again, if you think white people and black people have been treated the same by law enforcement, you don't have a clue. Books are your friend: check them out.
Check crime rates and move on from there. There's generally a reason some people in society are struggling regardless of race when it comes to the police. Don't be a criminal of any race and you will be just fine.

There's all kinds of topics and headlines but he was talking about an unarmed man being killed. I stayed on topic. You should also.
I did stay on topic and actually provided clarity to the nonsense you posted. Try harder.

Yes, but proportionally, Black Americans are several times more likely to be killed in police shootings than white Americans are.

Reactions: brianiu
If being a POS is all it takes for your life to be ended by the police, then you might not ever want to be within range of an officer of the law.
So, it sounds like it is ok for police officers who swear to uphold the law and constitution to murder somebody if said person is flawed and has made mistakes? It may take the op being in George Floyd's shoes to "get it," but it will be too late by then.

It happens a hell of a lot more to black people, and the criminal justice system has disproportionately affected black people (and other non-whites) in a negative way. All part of the same issue, brother.

If you want to split hairs, the odds are a heck of a lot better that Floyd would have survived if he was white.
He would have had a heck of a lot better odds of surviving had he not taken what was acknowledged to be a fatal dose of fentanyl.

He would have had a heck of a lot better odds of surviving had he not taken what was acknowledged to be a fatal dose of fentanyl.
Wrong. People that are overdosing are not conscious or responsive, and George Floyd didn't become unconscious and unresponsive until after Chauvin choked him out and the other officers laid on top of him.

There is a reason the jury found Chauvin guilty on all counts: the Fentanyl argument was merely a BS defense argument. Floyd had taken drugs for years, yet somehow he finally OD's after being choked out for 4 minutes? Nope.

Say it with me: "The real POS were Chauvin and the other officers. The real POS were Chauvin and the other officers." Say until it sinks in. There is no bigger POS than a police officer who has sworn to uphold the law and constitution and murders somebody.

Reactions: outside shooter
I said the police would have done the same thing as in the same procedures to handle someone who is resisting arrest like George Floyd did. When I first saw the small video everyone saw right after Floyd died I was appalled. But when I saw the full video I realized how much Floyd was resisting arrest and it changed my mind on what the true story was. Would a white person die? It is very possible. I do not believe for one second after seeing the full video that they targeted or mistreated George Floyd BECAUSE of his race. Now the issue is the policeman on top of him. Was he paying attention or believing Floyd who had earlier said before there were wrestled him into the ground he couldn't breathe? His mistake was thinking Floyd was not telling the truth. Floyd couldn't breathe before he was on the ground because he had a lot of fentanyl in him. I think he was being truthful before he was wrestled down and while on the ground.
This is basically fan fiction. Makes sense since you cosplay as a pastor.

"When I first saw the small video everyone saw right after Floyd died I was appalled. But..."

Reactions: kausrical
I have not heard that saying in a long time. I award TWO points to Gryffindor!
I paused at that phrase, too... as I recalled an album I owned back in the "60's. The band was One Nation Underground and the album title was Pearls Before Swine.
"They made the bomb, but would they drop it on us all, great and small..." Some lyrics you never forget, for whatever reason.

Reactions: YOTHN
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT