ADVERTISEMENT

Tamar Bates

Chance of Mgbako getting to the NBA next year is zero. I'll give you that Ware would probably go first round at this point. But he isn't strong enough yet. I think he would be a top 10 pick if he stayed another year.
If they want to go they will go. Doesn't matter if you don't think they will get drafted. MM.was rumored to be one and done always I guess it's possible he stays but not likely.

The roster is going to be empty besides Reneau, Cupps, McNeely, Newton, everybody else is gone or will be Creaned.

I think Reneau is 50/50. Could be looking at a massive rebuild unless we hit gold in the portal.

I think Reneau is 50/50. Could be looking at a massive rebuild unless we hit gold in the portal.
We have no track record of hitting gold in the portal.

If we flame out and don’t make the tournament this year, it would likely be a death blow for Woodson.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
You've said this dumb crap for 20 years now and it gets corrected constantly. It's not 1985 anymore, it's 2023 and if Mack wants to go, he will get drafted (probably 2nd round) on potential alone. Ware is currently a lottery pick .. he's gone. According to your standards the top 30 picks last year and every year since 1998 weren't ready but they keep getting drafted and you keep being wrong ...
And this is why the NBA blows.

For the sake of comparison no one requested, if PU doesn’t win the national title, I see Edey coming back next season for NIL money and another crack at it. Smith has scored 26 and 27 pts his last two outings and Loyer 27 his last game…against #1 competition. Meanwhile, mental health experts in Bloomington are currently expanding their waiting rooms in anticipation of an uptick in business combating the debilitating effects of depression.

Reactions: HoosierNation93
There is nobody on our roster even close to NBA quality. Hell, neither of our two pros from last year are getting a sniff of playing time. Ware needs to put on another 25 pounds of muscle and learn to stay focused for 40 minutes. MM might want to go pro, but he’s dreaming. I guess a team might draft him to be a designated FT shooter, but that’s all he’s good at right now.
Strength in general is not Ware's problem. He's a top 20 rebounder nationally. Decisiveness with the ball is his issue. He's got great touch on his shot. He shouldn't worry about getting closer to the basket, just create some space and go up with a shot.

Reactions: T.M.P.
We have no track record of hitting gold in the portal.

If we flame out and don’t make the tournament this year, it would likely be a death blow for Woodson.
That is correct. We landed zero guards for one. Sparks is basically a bust. We got ware and davis is ok but that is it.

sparks is not a bust. he is a role player finding it hard to earn minutes with how well MR & Ware are playing.
Remember, Ware was a question mark based on his Oregon performance. im glad we have him on the team.

Reactions: kkott
That is correct. We landed zero guards for one. Sparks is basically a bust. We got ware and davis is ok but that is it.
Sparks might have found better success on a football field, if not a rugby pitch. Maybe a lacking of mean streak heard him back. He'll never wear ballet slippers. I see steel-plated Redwings in his near future.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Sparks might have found better success on a football field, if not a rugby pitch. Maybe a lacking of mean streak heard him back. He'll never wear ballet slippers. I see steel-plated Redwings in his near future.
Yep 100%. There is a reason he was at ball state.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Ware is about as close as you'll get to landing "gold" in the transfer portal. And, I agree Walker (assuming this is who you meant) has also been a contributor. I've also liked the energy Sparks brings, but he's had frustrating lapses/misses. But, I also agree that he's finding it hard to find a role behind Ware, Reanu and Walker.

JHS has played in 5 games during mop up time. TJD in 15 averaging 7 minutes in those games. Both definitely in the running for rookie of the year. Instead of being a pestilential little man who desperately wants to feel important by putting others down, go back to telling us all how great your podcast buddies are.
Don't be a dick

I'm fine with Sparks as a 5min backup but man not sure basketball is the right sport. Gunn is not getting better and gives us nothing . Banks is also out of control and has a very ugly outside shot not sure what he provides I think all three would benefit being at a Mid Major school. Newton looks good on film but knee issues worry me alot next season really could be a major s$it show unless these coaches get atleast six quality players in the portal.

Creaning is getting commits while having an already full roster. It is the act of over-commiting on the 13 spots. That is what he's infamous for and what spring Creaning means.. Ron Patterson was Creaned..

Woody hasn't done it in 3 years. Why TF would he do it now? It pisses people off ..

Gotcha so maybe asked to leave...

I'm fine with Sparks as a 5min backup but man not sure basketball is the right sport. Gunn is not getting better and gives us nothing . Banks is also out of control and has a very ugly outside shot not sure what he provides I think all three would benefit being at a Mid Major school. Newton looks good on film but knee issues worry me alot next season really could be a major s$it show unless these coaches get atleast six quality players in the portal.
And the issue with needing that many players late is you may just have to settle for bodies. We could not land a portal guard this year so who knows how it plays out next spring. Boogie was a huge miss cause we went all in on one guy and had no other options left.

And the issue with needing that many players late is you may just have to settle for bodies. We could not land a portal guard this year so who knows how it plays out next spring. Boogie was a huge miss cause we went all in on one guy and had no other options left.

Yea it's kinda crazy we can't recruit any top guards.

Yea it's kinda crazy we can't recruit any top guards.
Tamar Bates - #6 SG, #30 overall
Xavier Johnson - one of top pg transfers
JHS - #5 CG, #26 overall
CJ Gunn - #15 SG, #120 overall
Newton - #15 CG, #127 overall
Cupps - #19 PG. #131 overall

Pretty good for 2.5 recruiting classes.

How do you know we only went after Fland? Looks to me like we offered 11 guards according to rivals. Many of which I remember visiting. 4 of which still haven’t committed.

Davis, Givens, Perry, Mustaf, and Harper all seem to have been went after pretty aggressively at some point over the last couple years. At least all their names are very familiar to me.

Tamar Bates - #6 SG, #30 overall
Xavier Johnson - one of top pg transfers
JHS - #5 CG, #26 overall
CJ Gunn - #15 SG, #120 overall
Newton - #15 CG, #127 overall
Cupps - #19 PG. #131 overall

Pretty good for 2.5 recruiting classes.
Wow your counting guys not on the roster and with those 3 that's not elite a average of like 125. He'll Crean brought in more talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT