ADVERTISEMENT

Bates

I'll take 36 any day. He was 1/4 from three so I'd be interested what his scoring looked like. Also 9/9 FT. Props.

Great job Woody. You have to get the most our of the players that come through here. That’s college bball.

Last edited:
Reactions: GThomas
@kraft cheese+macaroni

Please don’t stop talking shit once you are proven totally wrong :).

129.5 Offensive rating. Worlds better than anyone on our team.

He will play in the NBA, and I will be right on the one prediction I was chastised on for being dead wrong.

Reactions: ulrey
The kid had a lot going on in his personal life. If he's got that sorted out and playing ball well again, good for him.
I never talked to him or his family about the baby mama, but I would bet everything I own there was unreal baby mama drama. Never saw her at any games, but the daughter was always with his parents when they were here.

Fast forward to this year and I saw pics of them back together, so I thought they probably were doing good back close to each other.

Yesterday tamar posted a story on insta of him walking out “with his queen” and wishing her a happy golden bday. Only saw them from the back, but for sure was not the baby mama. Baby mama GOT BACK. This one was a skinny little thang.

Maybe tamar found his happiness for sure.

So typical they leave iu and kill it.

Who has left IU in recent memory and gone on to kill it? Literally nobody. Bates is finally starting to score consistently but there sure ain't no list of former IU players that have given on to excel someplace else. Please tell me who these players are because I am getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

That being said, Bates leaving was a blow, especially considering how bad we are at shooting. It takes a lot of kids a few years to get their feet under them. I can think of a slew of IU kids through the years that weren't worth a damn until their jr-sr years. Unfortunately, these days a lot of kids move on after a few years of adversity for one reason or another.

Who has left IU in recent memory and gone on to kill it? Literally nobody. Bates is finally starting to score consistently but there sure ain't no list of former IU players that have given on to excel someplace else. Please tell me who these players are because I am getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

That being said, Bates leaving was a blow, especially considering how bad we are at shooting. It takes a lot of kids a few years to get their feet under them. I can think of a slew of IU kids through the years that weren't worth a damn until their jr-sr years. Unfortunately, these days a lot of kids move on after a few years of adversity for one reason or another.
In this case, because woody wanted to start gallo before bates, and told him that.

Sad thing is, 80% of the morons on here if bates was on the team, would want him coming off the bench behind Galloway.

@kraft cheese+macaroni

Please don’t stop talking shit once you are proven totally wrong :).

129.5 Offensive rating. Worlds better than anyone on our team.

He will play in the NBA, and I will be right on the one prediction I was chastised on for being dead wrong.
So he blows up for one game and you still think he’s going to be a lottery pick? Because that was your prediction. Not that he would play in the NBA but that he would be a lottery pick, correct?

So he blows up for one game and you still think he’s going to be a lottery pick? Because that was your prediction. Not that he would play in the NBA but that he would be a lottery pick, correct?
Nope, actually the most I ever said was he would get drafted in the 1st round after his sophomore or Jr year. That part will be wrong but making it to the nba, he has a good shot at that still.

Woodsons program is dogshit for guards that need any sort of movement or rhythm created for them via the offense, or the defense getting stops and creating transition opportunities.

Those 2 things are why we’re sitting where we are now. I’ve been lobbying for him to change it since early in his first year. And I still am.

And if I’m Dolson, with the recent image hit we’ve taken, and with guys like Fisch now voicing their concerns…if I don’t see/hear/feel that Woody gets that and is actively looking to change it. I actually do move on him this offseason.

Not an easy thing to do. But he’d have enough support to do it Im sure.

All it would take is an ounce of contrition, and even just a little bit of a sign of shifting his program away from Carmelo Anthony Knicks Bball. A complete lack of those things, should be a fire hot, flashing warning sign that it’s time to figure out how to move on.

Nope, actually the most I ever said was he would get drafted in the 1st round after his sophomore or Jr year. That part will be wrong but making it to the nba, he has a good shot at that still.
I've given you as much crap as anyone here about your Bates takes, but I really do hope the kid does well. Hell, CJ Gunn will probably transfer and average 20 ppg next year. Just how it seems to work around here.

Two things: I remain confident you actually did predict lottery selection and I know you always said Bates had to play mad, but above you're saying he found happiness. Does he play better mad or happy? :)

I've given you as much crap as anyone here about your Bates takes, but I really do hope the kid does well. Hell, CJ Gunn will probably transfer and average 20 ppg next year. Just how it seems to work around here.

Two things: I remain confident you actually did predict lottery selection and I know you always said Bates had to play mad, but above you're saying he found happiness. Does he play better mad or happy? :)
Mad on the court. Happy off. Watch him in that clip, he starts talking and shaking his head after he drains the 35 footer. If scoop is jawing, watch out!!

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Woodsons program is dogshit for guards that need any sort of movement or rhythm created for them via the offense, or the defense getting stops and creating transition opportunities.

Those 2 things are why we’re sitting where we are now. I’ve been lobbying for him to change it since early in his first year. And I still am.

And if I’m Dolson, with the recent image hit we’ve taken, and with guys like Fisch now voicing their concerns…if I don’t see/hear/feel that Woody gets that and is actively looking to change it. I actually do move on him this offseason.

Not an easy thing to do. But he’d have enough support to do it Im sure.

All it would take is an ounce of contrition, and even just a little bit of a sign of shifting his program away from Carmelo Anthony Knicks Bball. A complete lack of those things, should be a fire hot, flashing warning sign that it’s time to figure out how to move on.
Roselyn Sanchez Hello GIF by FOX TV

Maybe…most thought the same on the Allen situation. I really think Fisch saying what he did might have moved the clock forward, started it is it wasn’t already, etc…

Dolson isn't going to be paying attention to what us message board ass clowns think, but when Fisch is fed up that's going to get his attention. It almost reminds me of when Cronkite said we were losing in Vietnam -- that's when people starting taking the anti-war movement seriously.

I’m guessing the next radio show or pregame conversation between Fisch and Woody is gonna be a bit icy. Should be fun.

Maybe…most thought the same on the Allen situation. I really think Fisch saying what he did might have moved the clock forward, started it is it wasn’t already, etc…
Dolson has made 2 surprising moves. Sending lil Arch packing and the monster move on the jackass from Boston were just as big a deal as telling Tommy LEO he’d seen enough.

Yes possibly but if Woodson is worth anything, he will acknowledge the criticism from a valuable source
I don’t think his ego will allow it. I mean, Don never coached in the Association with a .463 winning percentage, did he? What the hell does Don know about this new age basketball anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: bsmitty08
Dolson isn't going to be paying attention to what us message board ass clowns think, but when Fisch is fed up that's going to get his attention. It almost reminds me of when Cronkite said we were losing in Vietnam -- that's when people starting taking the anti-war movement seriously.
Cronkite & Fisch. 😂 Love it!

In this case, because woody wanted to start gallo before bates, and told him that.

Sad thing is, 80% of the morons on here if bates was on the team, would want him coming off the bench behind Galloway.
Frankly, Galloway was a much better player last season than Bates. Now, they seem to have reversed that.

Your points are solid but it also means iu doesn't recruit well and that is our main problem

I'll take 36 any day. He was 1/4 from three so I'd be interested what his scoring looked like. Also 9/9 FT. Props.
Also his team is .500 so his #s could be inflated a bit. If you look at his last 7-8 games, he definatelt is coming on versus top competition. Good for him.

Reactions: smitty3725
This is on Woodson he thought Gunn and Banks would be just as good as Bates and he was dead wrong. Both will be gone plus he also had a open scholarship.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Just read Tamars 36 was the most points ever for a Mizzu player in a sec game.

He's had a really good stretch of 7 or 8 games. Before that he was the same guy he was here.

I'd be shocked if he plays in the NBA. He's just not a good enough shooter. Just my opinion. But good for him if he does.

So typical they leave iu and kill it.

Tamar Bates last year at IU: 12.0 pts every 40M played, shot .411 on 2s. .374 on 3s.

This year: 22.6 pts every 40 played, .602 on 2s, .477 on 3s.

One other stat of note--he's actually taking slightly fewer 3s per 40M at MO, but a lot more 2s---9.7 v. 5.3 last year for every 40M played.

The other every 40M stats are pretty constant....he still doesn't rebound that great nor does he pass out a lot of assists. But the shooting #s are amazing.

Reactions: Cavanagh
He's had a really good stretch of 7 or 8 games. Before that he was the same guy he was here.

I'd be shocked if he plays in the NBA. He's just not a good enough shooter. Just my opinion. But good for him if he does.
He's shooting .602 on 2s, .477 on 3s, and .940 on FTs.

Any NBA questions would be about everything else.

He's shooting .602 on 2s, .477 on 3s, and .940 on FTs.

Any NBA questions would be about everything else.
He's a streaky guy. 8 games ago he was getting 5 ppg. Been on a tear since. Which guy is he really? Going 10-10 from 3 against Arkansas St, Ark Pine Bluff and Seton Hall doesn't make him a great shooter but it sure makes those stats look good.

He's a streaky guy. 8 games ago he was getting 5 ppg. Been on a tear since. Which guy is he really? Going 10-10 from 3 against Arkansas St, Ark Pine Bluff and Seton Hall doesn't make him a great shooter but it sure makes those stats look good.
What about scoring more than any other player in Mizzu history in a sec game against FL?

His FT % is 7th, 2 point percentage is 247th, and 3 point percentage is 26th in the nation. Those are about as elite shooting numbers as you will
Find in all of college basketball. Not a good enough shooter will appear on 0 nba scouting reports.

His athleticism is where he struggles.

What about scoring more than any other player in Mizzu history in a sec game against FL?

His FT % is 7th, 2 point percentage is 247th, and 3 point percentage is 26th in the nation. Those are about as elite shooting numbers as you will
Find in all of college basketball. Not a good enough shooter will appear on 0 nba scouting reports.

His athleticism is where he struggles.
Think I might've left out that 247th stat if I was trying to make his case as a great shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT