ADVERTISEMENT

Tamar Bates

Better shooter than anyone we got. Would be a huge help for us.
Not too sure about that. Woodson’s team emphasises getting the ball into the post not the perimeter for shots. Bates may shoot a higher percentage here, but he wouldn’t get many chances.

Not too sure about that. Woodson’s team emphasises getting the ball into the post not the perimeter for shots. Bates may shoot a higher percentage here, but he wouldn’t get many chances.
Our leading three point man has 6, 6!!!!

Reactions: twenty02
Galloway and Cupps often have perimeter shots they pass up. I don’t think it’s because of Woodson emphasizing going into the post but rather because we don’t have guards that can consistently bury it from the three (Or even from 15-18 feet).
That being said….is it on Woody, as the CEO, for not having perimeter threats yet again? Yes.

Better shooter than anyone we got. Would be a huge help for us.
I really like Tamar and incorrectly thought he would be a starter at IU within 10 games of his freshman year.
That being said, in 25 minutes today he was 1-5 and scored 4 points. “Huge help for us?”

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I really like Tamar and incorrectly thought he would be a starter at IU within 10 games of his freshman year.
That being said, in 25 minutes today he was 1-5 and scored 4 points. “Huge help for us?”
Yep. Cav needs to eat some Bruce Pearls burritos clock out for the night.

i dont think he is really that good but sometimes could get hot and hit some threes. I dont see gunn capable at all. Neither are good players but i would say bates is probably better a little.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Tamar is 9-21 from deep, and our starting 2 guard is 3-22. Our best three point shooter has hit 6 all year. Three times more efficient from deep than our starting two guard, I would say would be a huge help.

Tamar is 9-21 from deep, and our starting 2 guard is 3-22. Our best three point shooter has hit 6 all year. Three times more efficient from deep than our starting two guard, I would say would be a huge help.
Bates is better than what we got and i ripped on you last year about bates. Bottom line is we let him go and did not replace him with anything at all. That is obvious. Would he make a huge impact, i dont know, but what we have sure is not at all. Gunn is mostly worthless imo.

Tamar currently 7-12 overall vs Seton Hall and 4-4 from 3 with 22 points. Looks like a loss for Mizzou but damn we needed him.

• Sad
Reactions: Cavanagh
Tamar currently 7-12 overall vs Seton Hall and 4-4 from 3 with 22 points. Looks like a loss for Mizzou but damn we needed him.
He had some bad Defensive plays, and is just not as smooth/athletic/fluid as I thought he would be. My god tho, his shot? Money

he was horrible the last few games last year
GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

Players get better after they work for a few years. If you don't have a team where juniors and seniors are getting most of the minutes then you are guessing and hoping the freshmen work out any given year.
Hood-Schifino would have been one of the best guards in the conference this year.
Next year, I imagine we will start Cupps, Galloway, McNeely, Reneau, and Ware, with Mgbako, and a new transfer guard coming off the bench, and it will be a better team.

Players get better after they work for a few years. If you don't have a team where juniors and seniors are getting most of the minutes then you are guessing and hoping the freshmen work out any given year.
Hood-Schifino would have been one of the best guards in the conference this year.
Next year, I imagine we will start Cupps, Galloway, McNeely, Reneau, and Ware, with Mgbako, and a new transfer guard coming off the bench, and it will be a better team.
There is 0 chance of Ware and Mack coming back.

Disagree, I don’t think anybody on IU’s roster go’s pro at end of year
Nobody is going to at least late second round, so why not stay in college and get some NIL $ and try move up draft board in 2025
Not saying theyll be at Indiana, but wont go pro

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
There is nobody on our roster even close to NBA quality. Hell, neither of our two pros from last year are getting a sniff of playing time. Ware needs to put on another 25 pounds of muscle and learn to stay focused for 40 minutes. MM might want to go pro, but he’s dreaming. I guess a team might draft him to be a designated FT shooter, but that’s all he’s good at right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Not sure why you talk on things you know nothing about

JHS has played in 5 games during mop up time. TJD in 15 averaging 7 minutes in those games. Both definitely in the running for rookie of the year. Instead of being a pestilential little man who desperately wants to feel important by putting others down, go back to telling us all how great your podcast buddies are.

Reactions: Emartin70287
JHS has played in 5 games during mop up time. TJD in 15 averaging 7 minutes in those games. Both definitely in the running for rookie of the year. Instead of being a pestilential little man who desperately wants to feel important by putting others down, go back to telling us all how great your podcast buddies are.

Well. See ya in a week. See if you can act like a big boy then.

There is 0 chance of Ware and Mack coming back.
Chance of Mgbako getting to the NBA next year is zero. I'll give you that Ware would probably go first round at this point. But he isn't strong enough yet. I think he would be a top 10 pick if he stayed another year.

Chance of Mgbako getting to the NBA next year is zero. I'll give you that Ware would probably go first round at this point. But he isn't strong enough yet. I think he would be a top 10 pick if he stayed another year.
You've said this dumb crap for 20 years now and it gets corrected constantly. It's not 1985 anymore, it's 2023 and if Mack wants to go, he will get drafted (probably 2nd round) on potential alone. Ware is currently a lottery pick .. he's gone. According to your standards the top 30 picks last year and every year since 1998 weren't ready but they keep getting drafted and you keep being wrong ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT