ADVERTISEMENT

The subtle racism of Tamar Bates

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also need to look at how much each race commits violent crimes that give a higher chance of a negative encounter with police. Seems you conveniently left that part out. Also take a look at interracial crimes rates and who is overwhelmingly committing the majority of them. But I’m pretty sure deep down you have a good idea as to what the answers will be.

Did you not read what I wrote because I DEFINITELY did not leave that out. Below is word for word what I said mid-post:

"All of that though doesn't provide what truly can solve for this issue. Volume of crime is the issue and any stat you look up you will find is regardless of race, crime increases drastically based on income level. Poor whites, Asians...etc are just as likely to commit a crime as poor blacks. But a VASTLY higher % of blacks are impoverished and therefore their naturally going to have a higher crime rate."

So would you like to try that again?

As for interracial crime, my post above speaks to exactly where the crime derives. Its almost completely/predominantly the impoverished and happens in impoverished areas. The act of any crime is not driven by any race, its driven by socioeconomic factors. But since there is a higher % of the overall black community that are impoverished in comparison to the overall % of white community, you get the slant stat you are referring to. So the question you have to keep asking yourself is "why". Every answer you give, ask yourself, "but why"? Guaranteed you end up in the same place as everyone else. You can do this, you have the first step!

fwiw - At what percentage is a person considered "black"? I mean if TJD committed a crime where does he fall on the super duper racial crime statistics chart. Do they do a DNA test for accuracy to determine scientifically which race they are, or is this trait just assigned by skin tone and curly hair?

Shhhhhhh.......you’re not allowed to mention economic disparities. It’s much more fun to take complex societal issues, strip away all nuances, and regress it to the lowest common denominator. Then we can divinely place everyone in their appropriate tribes and feign moral superiority against the other tribe.

Shhhhhhh.......you’re not allowed to mention economic disparities. It’s much more fun to take complex societal issues, strip away all nuances, and regress it to the lowest common denominator. Then we can divinely place everyone in their appropriate tribes and feign moral superiority against the other tribe.

haha Well said. The reason data is so tough to grasp yet people are so convinced they are right is because its so easily misleading. There are too many layers, like you say, that one must cut through in order to get to the root cause.

1. Breakdown of police killings of civilians in the U.S. by race.
2. Breakdown of racial populations within the U.S.
3. Breakdown of crime by individual economic levels (sans race)
4. Breakdown of crime by racial populations.

You can keep going on and on.

Once you get there, you then have to ask, why is it that way? How did it come to be? It was this way 20 years ago. It was this way 40 years ago. It was this way 60 years ago. It was this way 100 years ago....you get the point. The only difference is the # of impoverished has grown at the same rate as the rate of crime. We as a society have to find a way to help boost educational and community programs to levels we've never seen. I am talking about re-inventing the educational wheel to turn this runaway train back on course. If we do that.......all it will take is one generation and we will instantly see the stereotype and stigma that comes with the racial division go away. I truly believe that.

Just imagine, less people on welfare, less crime...etc. All those taxes we put towards this are only an investment into lowering taxes in the long run.

I agree but what would happen if a white kid said the same thing about playing for a white coach? Would the response be the same?
No. It wouldn’t. Regardless, it isn’t racist. That term is thrown around without much thought. That’s the problem here...

I don't think Shakespeare's relatives are too worried about him being unseated. "I'm poppin' Percs like Tic-Tacs", such a metaphorically deep visual that is. Even Chaucer and Milton would be proud.
“Music was better when John Lennon beat his wife!”

Reactions: Lucy01
If you do a study on dumbism you'll find a racial correlation with old fat white dudes.

this is known .. it's cultural not inherent and based on low education standards, ignorance, unhealthy health and hygiene habits and a sense of self induced paranoia about being oppressed.

So according to your own post, you are a really old , really fat white dude.

Really happy IU landed Bates. If Bates, Geronimo and Lander all develop that is a nice trio each with 4 years of eligibility to use if desired. One must wonder, will Bates pass the ball to Kopp, Leal, Duncomb and TG?

What if George had not resisted arrest? Did you watch the complete video of his arrest? Now he was high on drugs. In fact he had quite a bit of fentanyl in his system. I can't prove this but I really do believe if a white man had acted just like George Floyd the police would have done the same thing.
Are you saying the police still would have murdered him if he was white?

I'm just happy the kid did not say he was committing to the University of Indiana.

If you do a study on dumbism you'll find a racial correlation with old fat white dudes.

this is known .. it's cultural not inherent and based on low education standards, ignorance, unhealthy health and hygiene habits and a sense of self induced paranoia about being oppressed.
Classic Projection from TMP the local tide pod eating toilet seat licking wannabe.

Classic Projection from TMP the local tide pod eating toilet seat licking wannabe.

I would bet my life that what he said is true.

The last 5 years or so have been a pretty cool time to be alive as far as social injustice IMO. Watching the older white racist group retire and die, their views are going with it.

Now this number I am pulling out my ass, but I think the 50-55 age is now the cutoff point. About all white men at that age or younger have an almost unanimous outlook on the world as far as race. The older white man does not always think ass backwards (drove around with a 90 year old yesterday that wants to build a 1,000 acre solar field on his farm), but they have a much higher percentage to have racist views (even though they think they aren't racist). I would say 5 to 10 times more likely.

The last 5 years or so have been a pretty cool time to be alive as far as social injustice IMO. Watching the older white racist group retire and die, their views are going with it.

Now this number I am pulling out my ass, but I think the 50-55 age is now the cutoff point. About all white men at that age or younger have an almost unanimous outlook on the world as far as race. The older white man does not always think ass backwards (drove around with a 90 year old yesterday that wants to build a 1,000 acre solar field on his farm), but they have a much higher percentage to have racist views (even though they think they aren't racist). I would say 5 to 10 times more likely.
I would say you are pulling this stank out of your ass.

No, it wouldn't but those are the times we live in.

My wish is that in the future, probably long after I am dead, this country will stop seeing color at all. One can hope.

Some of us already do. And Bates comment only deters progress.

It’s always nice watching supposedly compassionate liberals cheer the deaths of their fellow humans and consider themselves superior while doing it.

It’s happened frequently in this thread and it’s as bad or worse than anything else in it.

It’s been “cool” when it actually has to do with true racism.
What’s not “cool” is when you have every media hack under the sun trying to create racism where there is none. They have taken a noble endeavor and twisted it so much that it is backfiring.

What do we think? Is his racial essentialism a cause for concern?

This does not bother me.

A bunch of white ineffectual 20 30 somethings marching with tiki torches screaming "jews will not replace us" outside a synagogue does.

You cannot apply the same rules to historically oppressed communities that you apply to the majority.

Just the way it is in a multicultural democracy. Don't like it? Move to Scandinavia.

Listen I get what you are trying to say but in all honesty, what you are doing is stereotyping and we should all want to stay as far away from that as we can. Stereotyping is truly what holds the roots of all racism/hate...etc.

Society is evolving and always will evolve. There is no amount of hours I can stand out on a busy intersection with a sign, pumping my beliefs into the ether that will stop human evolution from going where its going. We're bound to collectively make bad choices as an overall society but in time, we will correct those as we have the others. Some just take longer for society to get there. All of this beating our chests though in anger and division is truly a large waste of time.

Do it by economic standards and you'll also find a correlation.

Unless you're implying that it's some type of inherent genetic trait? Are you, Goebbels?

fwiw - At what percentage is a person considered "black"? I mean if TJD committed a crime where does he fall on the super duper racial crime statistics chart. Do they do a DNA test for accuracy to determine scientifically which race they are, or is this trait just assigned by skin tone and curly hair?
Never accuse one of Sicilian decent as being “eggplant,” otherwise you may be smoking your last cigarette. ~ Dennis Hopper’s character in racial overtone conversation with that of Christopher Walken’s in the movie, True Romance.

Another generalization... Problem is beliefs are passed onto younger generations and take root in some sections of society. Education and Understanding is key

No, there are not more impoverished white vs impoverished black in Tanzania. I don't understand the correlation you failed to make.
I’m assuming in Tanzania the Black population outnumbers that of White, therefore there are more Black cops than White ones on a typical police force. Are these Black cops killing a higher percentage of the White minority than their own? Remember, it was White man who forced their ancestors into hard labor centuries ago. Are they still making Whites pay for the transgressions of their White ancestors, as we see here on American turf? I’m not talking impoverishing income levels, but superficial skin tones...that cry of racism thing dominating our present culture. I’ve wondered this before here and on Facebook and have never gotten a statistical response based upon the latest scientific fact of the moment.

Reactions: Tone Deaf
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT