ADVERTISEMENT

The Red State Brain Drain Is Happening Now

bye-good.gif

gold-star.gif

hospital-hello.gif

forest-gump-bye.gif

I initially didn't think you were so stupid that you'd applaud a bunch of substandard states already populating the bottom level of quality of life categories like health,education,income etc losing some of their most intelligent and qualified candidates that could help to remedy the situation. But DANC "loved" your post, and he's exactly the kind of person that would applaud the dumb and underprivileged
( MS,AK,AL etc...) falling further behind...

I guess what I'm saying is I may have given you too much credit. A sure sign of a serious problem with a post is DANC "loving" it.

This is the problem when your party is only looking backwards and the average member is from the Bronze Age:

Video summary:

Trust me I wish every liberal left Indiana, besides @larsIU. He likes frisbee golf, so he is alright in my book. @Bloom. I’ll pay for your Uber to Illinois.

I only skimmed the article, but it seemed long on personal anecdotes and conjecture, short on data. And some stuff was just run of the mill progressive bitch, moan and complaining like “abortion access”. Tf does that have to do with intelligence, aptitude and productivity?

A comparative lack of college degrees in your state isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Most college degrees are just a credential needed to enter jobs that are being gate keeped.

Why don’t we de stigmatize not going to college first? That seems to me a larger problem than whatever the progressive moron who wrote that article was trying to get at. I know I would have been much better served at my first job if I had a four year head start at the same company rather than a degree that was only somewhat related.

Last edited:
Most college degrees are just a credential needed to enter jobs that are being gate keeped.

Why don’t we de stigmatize not going to college first? That seems to me a larger problem than whatever the progressive moron who wrote that article was trying to get at.
I agree 100% and if I could agree more I would.

My daughter's boyfriend (the flowers on Sunday morning guy) has decided he's not going to college. He's going to become a plumber. Already lining up an apprenticeship/training program with a local company. Likes working with his hands. Not that he doesn't do well in school he just doesn't envision himself working in an office or being a doctor/lawyer, etc.

I applaud him for that. I hope it works out for him.

I also agree most entry level jobs that aren't medical/lawyering types don't require a college degree and could be learned with OTJ training. There is a shit ton of gatekeeping going on for jobs paying 50k a year.

My daughter's boyfriend (the flowers on Sunday morning guy) has decided he's not going to college. He's going to become a plumber. Already lining up an apprenticeship/training program with a local company. Likes working with his hands. Not that he doesn't do well in school he just doesn't envision himself working in an office or being a doctor/lawyer, etc.

I also agree most entry level jobs that aren't medical/lawyering types don't require a college degree and could be learned with OTJ training. There is a shit ton of gatekeeping going on for jobs paying 50k a year.
That means she’s pregnant

Judging from my family with all my 30 or more grand nieces and nephews having attended colleges in states across the country including Indiana (DePauw, Wabash, IU), none stayed in the state where they attended college.

Key to their choice of where to locate were job opportunities commensurate with their degrees rather than anything related to the "culture wars".

Also the city and not necessarily the state is more important in finding a place to live and earn a living.

Last edited:
I have multiple friends who will have three kids in college at once
I'd like to think if it were me I would have prepared for it.

But how the **** do you prepared for 60k a year out the door. Even with a 529 you're probably 30k/year? AWful.

I'd like to think if it were me I would have prepared for it.

But how the **** do you prepared for 60k a year out the door. Even with a 529 you're probably 30k/year? AWful.
bc $60k is really $90k of earnings w/ taxes. if the kids don't have scholarships they'd have to go in state. all of the 11 state schools in the free state of florida are roughly $6,300 a year. so you go to the in state school and not out of state or to a private school

Reactions: BradStevens
bc $60k is really $90k of earnings w/ taxes. if the kids don't have scholarships they'd have to go in state. all of the 11 state schools in the free state of florida are roughly $6,300 a year. so you go to the in state school and not out of state or to a private school
And apparently move to Florida. Even worse. Shit.

• Haha
Dude. No. Not with daughters

I figured the plumbing joke would be the more obvious one. @snarlcakes needs a teenage daughter. Just for the sheer hell of it. no hard feelings. Her last boyfriend dumped her b/c she wouldn't sleep with him.

Plus, based on her being like her mother she's going to be a handful to some poor guy.

oh my god. i can't imagine. a few weeks ago we ran into some kid that goes to my daughter's school and when i asked her who that was she goes "that's who xxxx has a crush on." i was expecting that's ben. he's in my class. ugh. it's starting
F9h.gif

Believe me, she tells her mother WAYYYYYYYY more than she tells you. So, at least, take solace in that.

it's going to be horrible. she plays no sports. is incredibly social. will be a huge drama queen. she's basically a 13 year old real housewife
Hey, all that shit is normal. Be happy she's not in goth/emo wear with three inch heeled boots literally never talking to you.

Or, like one of my kid's friends, constantly threatening suicide for attention and forcing everyone to talk her off the ledge.

• Sad
Hey, all that shit is normal. Be happy she's not in goth/emo wear with three inch heeled boots literally never talking to you.

Or, like one of my kid's friends, constantly threatening suicide for attention and forcing everyone to talk her off the ledge.
I could not imagine. I genuinely couldn’t think of anything more heartbreaking

I figured the plumbing joke would be the more obvious one. @snarlcakes needs a teenage daughter. Just for the sheer hell of it. no hard feelings. Her last boyfriend dumped her b/c she wouldn't sleep with him.

Plus, based on her being like her mother she's going to be a handful to some poor guy.
I’ll be there in several years. She already pisses me off when she never listens 🤣

I initially didn't think you were so stupid that you'd applaud a bunch of substandard states already populating the bottom level of quality of life categories like health,education,income etc losing some of their most intelligent and qualified candidates that could help to remedy the situation. But DANC "loved" your post, and he's exactly the kind of person that would applaud the dumb and underprivileged
( MS,AK,AL etc...) falling further behind...

I guess what I'm saying is I may have given you too much credit. A sure sign of a serious problem with a post is DANC "loving" it.
This post was “triggered” by a rural person in AL, GA, LA, or somewhere else south of the Mason-Dixon Line (as is usually the case). An interviewer asked a MAGA rally attendant why they disagree with Democratic policies. The guy answered: “Everyone I know who went to college is now a Democrat.”

Dumb people feel embarrassed about being around intelligent people. (I found it intimidating myself when I started my career in Finance). Smart people generally want to live around people who are educated and are open to real ideas. My best friend voted for Trump (the first time), and he still actually believes in trickle down economics. Sigh…I had to calmly explain it to him, but my gut feeling is that although he has moderated, he’s not ready to give up. Not like @Aloha Hoosier who has faith that the GOP will eventually come back. My friend slowly turns further right.

This is just fact backed by data. It really is tragic.to those in poorly educated populations. To be educated is frowned upon. Banning books, all that craziness is just part of that slide into something the founders would be disgusted by.

As for @Aloha Hoosier , he and I are miles apart politically, and I used to be a real a-hole to him (and I apologize for that), but I think in general, he and I want the same things. A functional government.

Aloha, I am now ready to be taken to the woodshed.

Last edited:
I confirm that due to certain synchronization issues and the general attitude in my house the past few days that you are, in fact, wrong.

God I need an apartment.

No joke, I've started to door dash as a reason to get out of the house.

It's the perfect cover up. I can say it's a way to make some extra Christmas money while having some alone time.

Win win in my book.

It's the perfect cover up. I can say it's a way to make some extra Christmas money while having some alone time.

Win win in my book.
Posts like this make me less weak. I’m probably better off. Still jealous and bitter but better off

Posts like this make me less weak. I’m probably better off. Still jealous and bitter but better off

I've got until the 19th. That's when the baby is coming whether he's ready or not.

Once he comes, I'm hoping things start to die down a little, but it's getting down to crunch time.

Win win in my book.
Hmmmm.

Are you actually delivering shit or is that just a cover so you can go to a sports bar and watch football?

I've got until the 19th. That's when the baby is coming whether he's ready or not.

Once he comes, I'm hoping things start to die down a little, but it's getting down to crunch time.
No the first 3-4 months imo after are hell. Then it’s all good. I can’t deal with no sleep

I agree with this but I do have a concern. I live in Indiana which continues to be a cheap place to live. However, if a family of 4 isn’t bringing in at least $100k, they will struggle. That’s just reality.

While many of these trades jobs pay well, is it going to be enough long term? If you are at $75k with that family of 4, good luck. That’s one thing the knowledge fields will get you, a larger salary.

In the gatekeeper comment. I’ve seen it for $30k jobs which is awful.

I agree with this but I do have a concern. I live in Indiana which continues to be a cheap place to live. However, if a family of 4 isn’t bringing in at least $100k, they will struggle. That’s just reality.

While many of these trades jobs pay well, is it going to be enough long term? If you are at $75k with that family of 4, good luck. That’s one thing the knowledge fields will get you, a larger salary.

In the gatekeeper comment. I’ve seen it for $30k jobs which is awful.
Small firm paralegal. Horrible job crazy low pay

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT