ADVERTISEMENT

The IU President and Board of Trustees need to grow some!!

It's time to admit that Archie isn't the answer. Move the AD and Miller out.
Stop with the dipsheyot posts like this. There is a lot of leniency towards dumb posts, but calling for CAMs head is flat stupid as hell. There are clearly issues, and we need to get better, but firing CAM would be the absolute dumbest thing one could possibly recommend.

I wish some of our fans would just jump off the ledge. Creans roster is still haunting us. Miller is clearly frustrated with this roster. Who do you play? What would be your strategy?

Reactions: Klaus 7196
I wish some of our fans would just jump off the ledge. Creans roster is still haunting us. Miller is clearly frustrated with this roster. Who do you play? What would be your strategy?

Davis, Green, McRoberts, and Morgan are the only players left over from the Crean era. This is Archie’s roster.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Davis, Green, McRoberts, and Morgan are the only three players left over from the Crean era. This is Archie’s roster.
Who plays the most minutes? What crean left and didn’t leave is just as telling. You forgot Durham.

He chose to keep 3 cream recruits???
Holy shit dude. Please go check the roster and get back to us. If you want people to take you even semi seriously, please come with something that closely resembles facts.

Hyperbolic much?

It’s no where near panic time on CAM.

And you want to fire them both at once?!? Then, who is going to hire the new coach? What Coach is going to want to come here when there is an interim AD? What coach is going to want to come here when the best guy we could get 18 months ago was shown the door before his first recruiting class played 20 games?

Chill.

I am very frustrated but you don't fire a coach after a year and a half. If you did you would not get anyone great coach to even take your call.

If we miss the tourney this year and next you have to make a change. This isn’t football where you get a decade to suck. If IU is serious about basketball they cut their losses quickly. Kentucky did with Gillespie. North Carolina did with Doherty.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Davis, Green, McRoberts, and Morgan are the only players left over from the Crean era. This is Archie’s roster.
Well, that is BS. Three of those Crean guys were on the floor at the same time for quite a while. It's hard to believe how some people are viewing this team and coach. Tonite was a total embarrassment, no doubt, but this team and coach are still a work in progress. I'm an old patient guy.

Durham, Moore and Smith were Crean's recruits. None are the type of player I would expect Archie to recruit, but with what he had to work with don't think he had much choice to re-recruit them.

Phin will obviously be a very good college player, hopefully Hunter will still be. Anderson seems a reach at this point, but will see if he develops.

Guess we will see if Archie can turn this around at all this year. Crean's teams never got better as they went into Feb. Still a dozen games left + BTT.

Green is just a disaster. We need so much more from a junior guard than what he provides. Now he's basically giving up on defense too. Terrible.

Durham, Moore and Smith were Crean's recruits. None are the type of player I would expect Archie to recruit, but with what he had to work with don't think he had much choice to re-recruit them.

Phin will obviously be a very good college player, hopefully Hunter will still be. Anderson seems a reach at this point, but will see if he develops.

Guess we will see if Archie can turn this around at all this year. Crean's teams never got better as they went into Feb. Still a dozen games left + BTT.

We’re getting worse as the season goes on.

It's time to admit that Archie isn't the answer. Move the AD and Miller out.
The IU President is a lame duck. He’s stepping down next year and I just saw on a news crawl that he’s a finalist for the Georgia Tech presidency.

If we miss the tourney this year and next you have to make a change. This isn’t football where you get a decade to suck. If IU is serious about basketball they cut their losses quickly. Kentucky did with Gillespie. North Carolina did with Doherty.
Wrong again. I want to count the number if wrong posts you have made tonight.

Green is just a disaster. We need so much more from a junior guard than what he provides. Now he's basically giving up on defense too. Terrible.
How many guys did Chris Mack bring into his UL roster in a short amount of time - how much overhauling did he have to do?

This is clearly still a WIP. Without depth, CAM has no way to motivate players and the lack of depth has forced players into roles they cannot handle. It has also confused players IMO to a point where they just no longer know what they should do to be successful.

Green is Fools Gold. He won’t ever be the player he could be. I have given up on him.

Reactions: coachv jr
How many guys did Chris Mack bring into his UL roster in a short amount of time - how much overhauling did he have to do?

I have no idea...and why? Pitino was a HOF coach so I'm assuming they have a decent roster, but hell, we beat them (as did Pitt) so how good could they really be?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
This is clearly still a WIP. Without depth, CAM has no way to motivate players and the lack of depth has forced players into roles they cannot handle. It has also confused players IMO to a point where they just no longer know what they should do to be successful.

Green is Fools Gold. He won’t ever be the player he could be. I have given up on him.

At what point is a coach supposed to improve what he inherited?

This is all a cop out.
What happens when it’s a roster full of Archie guys and we have the same problems?

You know, there are coaches out there who actually inherit rosters, mold them and do just fine.

At what point is a coach supposed to improve what he inherited?

This is all a cop out.
What happens when it’s a roster full of Archie guys and we have the same problems?

You know, there are coaches out there who actually inherit rosters, mold them and do just fine.
Clearly you think that point is where said coach has his first class that he recruited 17 games into their first season... if we are having this discussion 3 years from now, there is clearly a problem. But if you are saying we are at that point now, and my response is. “Cop out”, then we will NEVER agree on this.

This goes under the Archie apologist thread but think about our recruiting classes.

Seniors- Bryant (5 star), OG (low ranked 3 star), Morgan (low ranked 3 star).

This was Crean's last great class. Only problem is Bryant and OG left leaving Morgan who is a monster.

Fitzner is a one year total bust.

Juniors - Davis (top 50 4 star), Curtis Jones (top 50 4 star), Green (unranked 3 star).

Jones was a bust and transferred. Davis can't get on the floor due to health reasons so he's a bust so far. Green is hot and cold, returning unranked 3 star expectations.

Sophomores - Smith (top 100 4 star), Moore (top 120 4 star at the last minute), Durham (unranked 3 star). Too early to tell but none of the three have played over their ranking.

Freshmen - Romeo (high 5 star), Hunter (top 40 4 star), Thompson (top 100 4 star, Phinesse (top 120 4 star/3 star), Damezi (top 120 4 star/3 star), Forrester (top 140 3 star/4 star).

Romeo is a beast but gone after this year. Hunter is a medical bust. Thompson is a medical bust. Phinesse has been a surprise. Damezi and Jake are TBD.

So 1 senior, a busted Junior class, and average sophomore class playing to their ranking and a couple more medical busts gets you a starting lineup of Romeo/Juwan and then a mess of unranked/low ranked dudes with all the busts we have.

That busted Junior class is a kick in the nuts. It's hard on a program when only 1 of 7 potential upperclassmen is productive (okay 2 if you count Green).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT