ADVERTISEMENT

The hearing- comments and observations (ongoing)

I'd want my judicial nominees to be confident enough that (a) they'd be more than willing to take whatever time and undergo any reasonable process needed to provide the committee and senate enough information to make a fully informed decision, and (b) they'd be humble enough to take the risk that their appointment might not be approved, and be OK with that.

Yup, no argument here. In that scenario I laid out above, there is no good way to come out and say that you’re confident that the Democrats are going to crush the GOP in the midterms and so time is a luxury you just don’t have.

I agree with all of your comments in this thread about his temperament, and as this has progressed he makes it harder for me to picture him as someone I’d want on the bench.

And, even if he is innocent and a victim of a political witchunt I agree that he has miscalculated the appropriate response. His best bet would have been to make an authentic and passionate plea to Congress - and viewers - that this is unfair, and a dangerous precedent to set. That he is innocent, and whether Dr. Ford is fabricating a story as part of a political witch hunt or a victim of sexual assault who has simply mixed up identities of her attacker (and if that’s the case that he admires her courage in speaking up and facing an incredibly daunting set of circumstances, even though it has incorrectly sucked him into it), that all he can do is cite his track record, plethora of references/witnesses speaking to his character, etc. That while he is 100% confident that an FBI investigation would clear his name, his confidence level is significantly lower that allowing that process to play out wouldn’t lead to the GOP moving on to another candidate for the sake of expediency, and him losing his chance to fulfill a lifelong dream serving in a role that he thinks he could do quite well in and advance our country forward...

THAT would have been a more appropriate response, and one befitting a man who is - lest we forget - trying to demonstrate his fitness for a lifetime appointment to SCOTUS.

Reactions: hoot1 and meridian
Our Senate is a dysfunctional and embarrassing circus full of clowns. I believe both sides honestly think the other side sucks a$$ and I think they're probably right. I just hope they vote BK down. None of us know if he really did what he was accused of doing but he didn't look like an impartial Judge. For that alone he shouldn't be confirmed. After that move on to the next circus show.

I prefer a dictionary but in looking you seem to be a racist against Italians and Irish but do go on and prove your stupidity .

Yeah, real racist against incompetent imbeciles.

Nice try though!

One thing we can all agree on. Kavanaugh's testimony was perfectly seamless. He had an answer for everything, forgot nothing, had a perfect teenage life, worst thing he did was drink slightly over the legal limit. Not a single flaw in his account.

A liar couldn't have come up with a better response to any question.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
If were true would be better than doing it to Hillary and Obama like you obviously do nightly

Hillbilly, you're struggling.

You may want to grab your first cousin/wife and go watch a little Hee Haw.

Give your tiny brain a rest.

Hillbilly, you're struggling.

You may want to grab your first cousin/wife and go watch a little Hee Haw.

Give your tiny brain a rest.
Once again you struggle with facts , you hate Italians and Irish, have no idea about me yet use racial statements I ask again do you have a job?

Once again you struggle with facts , you hate Italians and Irish, have no idea about me yet use racial statements I ask again do you have a job?

Hillbilly, do you love Cadet Bone Spurs because you think he's going to help you upgrade from a single-wide to a double-wide?

Does your sister get jealous of your relationship with your first cousin/wife?

Yep.

Stress reveals character. We've seen Kavanaugh stressed as he's never been stressed before, e.g., he's had to account for himself.

His primary defense is his privilege.

The funniest thing I've heard to day is Graham's comment about "if you've come for a fair hearing, you've come to the wrong town." Kavanaugh is the prime product of Washington DC . . . exclusive private school in DC, elite prep high school in DC, exclusive country club in DC, Yale undergrad, Yale Law, working for the Bush administration in DC, appointment to the Court of Appeals in DC . . .

. . . all of this is on full display. And it's pretty ugly . . . as embodied in Kavanaugh.

Calm and confident it was not. Somebody told Justice Kavanaugh that being angry would make him seem human, but it was badly focused anger and IMHO didn't take into account the testimony that had come before it. If he had expressed horror at being accused in the way he was instead of anger, he comes out looking human. If he had expressed anger about sexual assault and the revelations of the #MeToo era, he comes out looking human. If he expresses sadness and anger about something happening to the alleged victims (while insisting he had nothing to do with those alleged assaults), he comes out looking human.

Instead, as you noted, Justice Kavanaugh came across as partisan, spoiled, and unhinged. His answers resting on being #1 in his class, captain of a team, or other biographical footnotes are meaningless (as though any of those things makes one incapable of sexual assault.) His insistence that this is all a conspiracy by Democrats appears (IMHO) to be more of a window into his own modus operandi than anything. Privilege, avoiding responsibility, and partisan attack appear to be the only clubs he has in his bag, so he assumes that's the way everybody else is playing as well. That was a profoundly disappointing performance. Justice Kavanaugh is no Justice Roberts or Justice Alito or Justice Scalia.

Today's testimony was in front of the whole nation, but really was for an audience of 5-10 Senators. I'm not sure how Collins or Murkowski, let alone Manchin or Donnelly rationalize voting for confirmation given both of the testimonies that they heard. It will be interesting to watch the pretzels Senators twist themselves into as this progresses.

Does your first cousin/wife and sister get your lovin' on alternating nights, hillbilly?
Once again you fail to make a cognizant post , you have no facts , no basis . I have observed both of you with a lack of basic English skills . You are a dick

Once again you fail to make a cognizant post , you have no facts , no basis . I have observed both of you with a lack of basic English skills . You are a dick

Hillbilly, what's it like knowing you never, ever have to worry about having a brain tumor?

Which Delta House member does he remind you of?

Not exactly...

11927-13443-1.jpg

You seem to have a great deal of personal knowledge about crazy '' hillbilly'' shit . I am truly sorry, but seek help somewhere its not too late and I am sure you can find a course in remedial English to help you out with that

When you and your sister get into the lovin', do you put on a little "Dueling Banjos" to set the mood?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT