ADVERTISEMENT

The General's shadow

enjoyable read...a trip down memory lane. It's a shame that RMK will go to his grave holding steep grudges against some people who still hold him in high regard. I loved reading SOTB...one of the few books I actually read twice in my life. Maybe the only one.

And RIP Daryl Thomas. Soft spoken polite kid who had balls of steel to stick it out for 4 yrs, and helped hang the 87 banner.

enjoyable read...a trip down memory lane. It's a shame that RMK will go to his grave holding steep grudges against some people who still hold him in high regard. I loved reading SOTB...one of the few books I actually read twice in my life. Maybe the only one.

And RIP Daryl Thomas. Soft spoken polite kid who had balls of steel to stick it out for 4 yrs, and helped hang the 87 banner.

his toughness was forged through the adversity of the SOB year. Physically by being an undersized center in the league (and benefitting in the shift over w/ big Dean in 87), but just as importantly the mental strength that was forged in the fires of BK adversity.

That team went through a lot of adversity, without it they are not the same mentally tough team in ‘87.

his toughness was forged through the adversity of the SOB year. Physically by being an undersized center in the league (and benefitting in the shift over w/ big Dean in 87), but just as importantly the mental strength that was forged in the fires of BK adversity.

That team went through a lot of adversity, without it they are not the same mentally tough team in ‘87.
so true...that Reg final game vs LSU was a war. We were lucky to win that game. I still occasionally have nightmares of Jose Vargus.

Also lucky that Derrick Coleman couldn't hit free throws with the world watching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT