ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article in the Star!

Well, no mincing of words there.
Lazy at recruiting? That seems in excusable if true.
Old playing style? That could be his unfamiliarity with the college game.
A national laughing stock? Again if true the admin needs to be included in the fault.
Bottom line - what a difference from what we want and what we are.

Reactions: CG Paul and BigMobe
Doesn't mince words!

**** the Star.

.."a quarter century of misguided nostalgia.."

Karma has arrived and sat on the program since the despicable treatment of the man responsible for giving IU its' place in the sun.

It was always Bob Knight's program. When the woke ****s running the university hired Myles Brand, it was to do the dirty work that none of them had the balls to do.

Never has been an organization so worthy of karma's wrath.

Fwiw he is a random Indiana native in NY — just an op-ed.
Yeah. The guys who depend on “getting into the room” to make a living are typically a little more measured in their critiques. Good on this guy for voicing “just an op-ed.” I’m shocked someone at the Star gave it the go-ahead. What’s next, a Woody/Buckner 3-part hit piece on CNN?

Reactions: Hatchets7times
**** the Star.

Karma has arrived and sat on the program since the despicable treatment of the man responsible for giving IU its' place in the sun.

It was always Bob Knight's program. When the woke ****s running the university hired Myles Brand, it was to do the dirty work that none of them had the balls to do.

RMK was a strong personality, and he was the sheriff that could keep the boosters at bay.

They were always longing to get their tentacles on the program.

With NIL and IUs (and the boosters) desire to push the envelope (or, be “ahead of the curve with NIL), the boosters are finally in control.

How’s that working out?????????

Yeah. The guys who depend on “getting into the room” to make a living are typically a little more measured in their critiques. Good on this guy for voicing “just an op-ed.” I’m shocked someone at the Star gave it the go-ahead. What’s next, a Woody/Buckner 3-part hit piece on CNN?
IU in turmoil will provide clicks and views. Probably why Dakich got back into local radio a few months ago.

**** the Star.

Brand and Knight had much more in common about how they felt collegiate athletics should operate than they did difference. Knight just couldn't stay out of his own way and finally had someone with balls big enough to challenge him, especially since Knight allowed his own program to go to shit (comparatively).

**** the Star.

Despicable treatment of Knight? You've got to be kidding. He did what he wanted and by his rules for almost 30 years. Most universities would have canned him long before it actually happened. It was time.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Bill Benner and Robin Miller weren’t huge fans back in the day either.
I knew Bob Collins when he was Sports Editor at the Star. What an entertaining writer and a better story teller.
Miller was, well, not Bob Collins.
Back in the day, I enjoyed watching AJ bitch slap Miller after Miller ran his mouth at Indy one year.
Benner seemed like a bitter a-hole...

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
How about no chance. Purdue didn't fire Keady despite many of the same firey tantrums yet no real success and a three cheat to boot.
Did Keady have a warrant out for his arrest? Did Keady throw a flower pot at a secretary? Did Keady choke a player? Did Keady throw a chair cross court during a game? The list is endless. Yes, IU sacrificed integrity for wins. Not judging it but it is a fact.

Reactions: Radio Zero
yeah RMK's relationship with AD Doninger soured. I always thought that was the genesis of this particular comment from Knight.
Was Doninger the AD when Knight was fired? I don’t know much about the ADs pre-Greenspan. But at the time it was all Myles Brand vs Knight, and then there was coach committee that decided to keep Davis. I never knew what the AD was doing…

Reactions: ulrey
Was Doninger the AD when Knight was fired? I don’t know much about the ADs pre-Greenspan. But at the time it was all Myles Brand vs Knight, and then there was coach committee that decided to keep Davis. I never understood what the AD was doing…
If I recall correctly, there was a player group that demanded one of the assistants be named head coach. If demand wasn't met several threatened to walk. Fife was among the most vocal.

**** the Star.

Oh that’s silly. The university didn’t hire Brand to fire Knight.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT